The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

+73
Dukester
caveofhoreb777
Aldi80s
Black Rider
kpec3
Deadinside
Seth Dusith
ShotGunderson
StevenCressler
crucifyd
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
seth
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Snakes & Metal
James5150
dhmsatx
Mister B
M_Mosher
Frozen Fire
nocturnaliridescence
Jbassr
Oldiesmann
BaleMaster
Sevenoneself
Aryeh Yehudah
Theonymic
Avalonjohn44
auslander
Triptyque
Raegoul
breakthecycle
brutalwarfaretx
endlessfuneral
Son of Nun
guitarhoops
Hidgxx
Psykik Terrorist
VonKrafte
Athonite
BrutalWarfare82
Ammocas
Staybrite
HenrikB
Anfauglith
Rizzen7
bassdude
alldatndensum
crusader
HeavyLighter
Stacerooroo
Gorship
exo
L8T
stringfellow_hawke
Yaaqov
New Creation
Nocturnal Servant
ImagoDei
stainedclass2112
d@v!d
KaiHeiJinshu
Facet
Storms of Disillusion
Andreas89
Fearless For The King
Kerrick
Ragnor
MikeInFla
11razorwire
Hardcore Christian
jayhawkfan3602
KaramKaram
77 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread - Page 8 Empty hii

Post by breakthecycle Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm

KaramKaram wrote:Starting this thread for all new comers to introduce themselves, it would be nice to know you all.
If you see a new comer please refer them to this thread.
Thanks
Hi, super excited to have found this community. I am a new believer, God radically changed my life 6 months ago.
 I've always loved rock, metal etc but now have switched to consuming music in that genre that has clean, uplifting lyrics. I always felt like a social reject because of my music taste but now an even bigger one because of my faith, both communities look down on me in my experience. So I am so excited to have found this accepting place. 
I am 20 years old
Hard rock, metalcore and pop punk are my favorites. Still discovering what the best bands are in this subgenre. I enjoy Demon Hunter, Red, For Today, Memphis May Fire, August Burns Red, Old Relient K, Fit For A King.
I feel like the fanbase for this stuff kinda fell off the earth, but maybe not? (fingers crossed)
Would love to make some friends and get some recommendations:)
breakthecycle
breakthecycle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by Staybrite Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:02 am

Welcome to the CMR Break!  I know there are a few Demon Hunter fans here, so you are in good company with the rest of us "social rejects"  Very Happy
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

breakthecycle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:47 am

Welcome dude!  Nice to have you here.  Yeah I think you'll fit right in.  Smile  Where's Hardcore Christian at?  I'm sure he'd be able to make some great recommendations for you; I know he's a fan of a number of those bands you mentioned.

Tyrant
Tyrant

breakthecycle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Greetings to one and all from Switzerland!

I've grown up listening to Christian metal (or white metal as it was called then) in the early 90s, first with Petra, Stryper, Holy Soldier etc. and then moved on to the likes of Believer, Vengeance, Deliverance, the Crucified and Tourniquet (Stop the Bleeding literally blew my mind).

In the mid nineties I moved away from the Christian scene and only returned in 2017 when I figured out it was important to what music I inflicted myself.

It was like coming home and I liked rediscovering my old favorites but was also super stoked to find out quite a lot of those bands are still active and issuing great music, e.g. Stryper and Tourniquet.

Searching for new inspiration I stumbled across these forums and have been lurking for a bit. I figured I might as well join... if you agree to have me, of course Wink
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Welcome!  We're glad to have you here.  You'll find a ton of other fans here of those bands you mentioned, so you'll be in very good company.  Smile  Cheers!

Tyrant
Tyrant

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:02 pm

Cheers bro Cool
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Raegoul wrote:Greetings to one and all from Switzerland!

I've grown up listening to Christian metal (or white metal as it was called then) in the early 90s, first with Petra, Stryper, Holy Soldier etc. and then moved on to the likes of Believer, Vengeance, Deliverance, the Crucified and Tourniquet (Stop the Bleeding literally blew my mind).

In the mid nineties I moved away from the Christian scene and only returned in 2017 when I figured out it was important to what music I inflicted myself.

It was like coming home and I liked rediscovering my old favorites but was also super stoked to find out quite a lot of those bands are still active and issuing great music, e.g. Stryper and Tourniquet.

Searching for new inspiration I stumbled across these forums and have been lurking for a bit. I figured I might as well join... if you agree to have me, of course Wink

If we will have you.......

Can you send us all free cookies?  That would do it!   lol!

Wait?  What do you mean I can't harass the new guys for free food?  Was that in the rules or did you just make that up?  

Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:36 pm

No, that's definitely in the rules for sure.  It's not *explicit* per se, but it's certainly implied.  Has anyone else gotten their free cookies yet?  Mine still haven't arrived...  That's a ban-worthy offense!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 pm

Takes a while to send them from Switzerland plus there is a certain risk the postman will eat them.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Triptyque Thu May 06, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi CMR  Wink hope everyboby is alright with this strange times...

I'm not really new too, i've been here some years ago as "Pastèque".

Still into Grindcore/Death/Thrash/(Un)black Metal, but Progressive/Heavy too with time   Rockin Loud
And still too slow for everything  Smile but i'm working on it

Greetings from France
Triptyque
Triptyque
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 07, 2021 8:52 am

Hey it's good to see you back!  Welcome!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by auslander Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:23 am

Hi I just joined.
I live in Australia. I'm 44 and feel ancient now.
I have been into Christian Rock and metal since I was a kid. I grew up in what I consider the glory years for Christian music, 1985-1995. I have about 800 cds of Christian Rock and metal from last count. I think the first album I bought was "I Predict 1990" by Steve Taylor.
But, I never lived in the bubble of Christian music. I bought as many if not more "secular" artists. I had no troubles listening to Poison and then next disc putting on Mastedon, for instance.
I loved it for the music and the message never bothered me as I was used to it and I figure people can sing about whatever is on their heart to sing. Sometimes I loved it more because it wasn't overplayed like other stuff. I wasn't hearing it on the radio that's for sure!
I stopped listening to Christian music mostly in the late nineties as it got more samey and then in the 2000s it became rare to find anything that wasn't either extreme metal (not my thing) or 99% that is so-called worship music. But it is poor quality stuff that is offensive to the ears of anyone with taste.

My favourite genres are hard rock , prog rock, synth pop, metal, alternative rock, old school soul.
My favourite band would be Pink Floyd. It is hard to pick a single favourite album. Maybe it would be Empire by Queensryche. Though it would be different if you asked me next week.

I enjoy sport watching, especially The Premier League and AFL.

Political beliefs are Libertarian, leaning Centrist.

I love movies and sci-fi TV. Favourite genre is post-apocalyptic.

My wife is my best friend and I love her dearly. We have two teenage kids whom I love equally. I have two dogs whom I also love heaps.

I was raised in an ultra-Christian home but I find no peace or comfort in church. I no longer attend a church though I try to find a new one nearly every year. I am basically in a church of the Lone Wolf. I love my Saviour Jesus deeply, but find it much harder to like his followers that I meet. Sorry about that, I know it offends people. I am introverted so don't find it hard to be alone a lot of the time.

My favourite 10 Christian albums would be:
Chase the Kangaroo by The Choir
Chosen by The Violet Burning
Psycho Surgery by Tourniquet
Stay of Execution by Deliverance
Lofcaudio by Mastedon
Against the Law by Stryper
Fire and Love by Guardian
Sticks and Stones by 77s
Freedom by Whiteheart
Sin Disease by Scaterd Few
But there are so many that I could not part with...
auslander
auslander
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalonjohn44 Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello All, Nice forum!  I was a member waaaay back in the Late 90s/Early 2000s, a few board iterations ago...  Looking to get back into some Christian Metal, it's been far too long.

Avalonjohn44
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

CrimsonWarrior, Constantine, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:47 pm

Hey everyone.

Some of y’all might know me from the old Firestream forums.

Not sure what to say, so just ask if you are interested.

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread - Page 8 Empty About Me, Myself and I

Post by Aryeh Yehudah Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:07 am

Greetings holy headbangers,

I'm a guitarist/singer/songwriter of many years and have written songs in a broad range of genres. I've mostly written acoustic christian contemporary music, but got into metal rhythm guitar back in the 80's. Tourniquet was a huge influence for me back in the day, and I learned a lot of riffage techniques through Kirkpatrick.

Lately I've gotten back into christian metal after a long hiatus from it (for a myriad of reasons) and was pleasantly surprised to discover an emergence of new bands in the straight forward metal genre that I like, and have been getting into Diviner, Sinbreed and InnerWish mostly. These bands are truly awesome and as good as any worldly bands out there. And so, listening to these guys have reignited my interest in returning to metal rhythm guitar.

Concerning my spiritual life; I enjoy memorizing bible verses. Especially one's that pertain to warring in the spirit against the realm of darkness. Satan really dragged me through the mud for a long time, where I was totally backslidden and living in some pretty ugly sin. I've since overcome those things by the grace of God, and came out the other end much stronger and wiser. Jesus never gave up on me the whole time. I learned that it is His love that truly saves you, not so much conviction or chastening, both of which I experienced as well.

Anyway, if there are any other like-minded brothers out there that come from the same guild, shoot me a message, I would enjoy sharing in some of your life experiences as well.

Peace out, Brian. <><
Aryeh Yehudah
Aryeh Yehudah
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYD7g8QP0jgCDpJMdMJAKg

Kerrick, BaleMaster, Raegoul and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:12 am

Welcome Brian!  Glad to have you here.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aryeh Yehudah Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:17 am

Thank you. I'm still not seeing where I can make a new post. Can you possibly send me a screen shot?
Aryeh Yehudah
Aryeh Yehudah
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYD7g8QP0jgCDpJMdMJAKg

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:46 am

PM'd.  Smile  But you should see a "New Topic" button towards the top-left (under the section heading) or very bottom-left of any page within a sub-section (i.e. just not at main page since any new topic needs to be within a section).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread - Page 8 Empty Introduction from Saskatchewan, Canada

Post by Sevenoneself Fri May 20, 2022 7:46 am

Good day!

I'll be honest upfront--I'm joining this forum to advertise my debut Christian hard rock metal album. Band name is Sevenoneself, album is "The Treasure of the Crucible". But more of that in a different post.

I grew up in Saskatchewan, Canada, where there's little-to-no music scene. In high school I survived off of HM magazine (and their sampler CD's), our local Christian bookstore (era of Intense, REX, and the beginnings of SolidState), and Cross Rhythms Music. I even ordered a few CD's from Rowe Productions; 2 were flagged at the border and by the time I paid duty I owned 2 VERY expensive Christian thrash albums!

I'm a multi-instrumentalist who has ended up playing in worship bands most of his life. I've been a part of very-small music projects, but nothing that has ever turned into anything. The fact that my wife and I had our first child when I was 22 could have something to do with that! I've been a youth pastor, associate pastor, and bible camp director.

I am not nearly as versed in the music world as most of you. I knew the music scene much better 25 years ago than now. But the last few years I've been checking out the top reviews at AngelicWarlord and have picked up some great new music.

My Favourite Christian Metal Bands / Albums (no particular order):

Tourniquet       - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Skillet              - Unleashed
Vengeance       - Once Dead
Stryper            - Against the Law
Narnia             - From Darkness to Light
Tamplin            - Soul Survivor
Theocracy        - As the World Bleeds
Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent
Zao                 - The Splinter Shards...
The Crucified    - Pillars of Humanity
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 am

Welcome to the CMR!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 20, 2022 10:26 am

Welcome!

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Thanks so much!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldiesmann Sun May 22, 2022 6:53 pm

I've been a member of this forum for years but haven't really posted mainly because I'm a member of so many forums I've lost track over the years Razz

My name is Michael, I'm almost 40 (just over a month from now) and live in Cincinnati. I like all kinds of Christian music, though didn't get into metal until the early 2000s - first rock (thanks in part to the song "No Rock" by Among Thorns and the band Three Crosses), then gradually got into louder stuff. I'm not a big fan of the really extreme metal (death metal, (un)black metal, etc.) but love power, symphonic and some metalcore (especially Demon Hunter, but also getting into Fit For a King lately).

My hobbies include riding roller coasters, listening to music and some amateur web development (I've been involved with the Simple Machines Forum project off and on since it started and have several forums of my own).
Oldiesmann
Oldiesmann
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.christianmetal.fans

Frozen Fire, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorship Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:44 am

hello again - again

I think ive introduced myself before and then disappeared. However, due to some circumstances I'm ditching the streaming services. Also, being off social media its hard to follow the scene - so I'll be lurking Smile 

Bit of an old frog - I remember the old firestream vault days, I was about 16 then... good times. 

anyway, hope yall are doing well.
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick, Frozen Fire, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbassr Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:55 am

Hi, I'm Joe. Great forum. Wish there was something like this back in the day. Great topics.
Jbassr
Jbassr
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.bandmix.com/jbassr/

Frozen Fire and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next