Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by Facet on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:08 am

Andreas89 wrote:Welcome... facet Razz

Good to see another REAL footballer Very Happy

Hey thanks man! NIce to meet ya! you support a team?

Facet
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:06 am

Yes, unfortunately (see their latest result) I'm a fan of Ajax Wink
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiHeiJinshu on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Hello, everyone. My name is Kyle, I was referred to this website earlier today by Kerrick on the Metal Archives forums. I live in the United States and am a fan of most metal sub-genres, but focus mostly on symphonic and black metal. I like to create black metal and divide my material between a few solo projects and am involved in a few other projects in other genres. I look forward to participating in this community of fellow Christian metal fans and musicians. Outside of music, I enjoy some sports (hockey, volleyball, parkour, handball, and basketball, mostly), paleobiology, fantasy fiction, and linguistics.
KaiHeiJinshu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 am

KaiHeiJinshu wrote:Hello, everyone. My name is Kyle, I was referred to this website earlier today by Kerrick on the Metal Archives forums. I live in the United States and am a fan of most metal sub-genres, but focus mostly on symphonic and black metal. I like to create black metal and divide my material between a few solo projects and am involved in a few other projects in other genres. I look forward to participating in this community of fellow Christian metal fans and musicians. Outside of music, I enjoy some sports (hockey, volleyball, parkour, handball, and basketball, mostly), paleobiology, fantasy fiction, and linguistics.
Welcome!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stainedclass2112 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Hey peoples, I just signed up here!  I was also suggested this place by Kerrick on Metal Archives.  I'm Ian, I'm 18, I'm a bass player, and I guess you can say I've been a Christian for a long time, but I've been avidly following Jesus for around a year and a half. I've been a metalhead for a few years now, and my favorite genres are thrash, speed, heavy, and power, but I also dig a lot of death metal.  Been digging around black metal lately too, but I'm much pickier with that realm of things.  Besides metal, I'm a huge prog fan and I like all kinds of other stuff too.  It should also be noted that I'm a ridiculously huge fan of Buckethead.  Heard everything from him, have a lot of it, seen him live.  He rules.  Anyway, hope to fit in here, it seems like fun!
stainedclass2112
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHXIXheDordam9OFlE84jA

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:08 pm

stainedclass2112 wrote:Hey peoples, I just signed up here!  I was also suggested this place by Kerrick on Metal Archives.  I'm Ian, I'm 18, I'm a bass player, and I guess you can say I've been a Christian for a long time, but I've been avidly following Jesus for around a year and a half. I've been a metalhead for a few years now, and my favorite genres are thrash, speed, heavy, and power, but I also dig a lot of death metal.  Been digging around black metal lately too, but I'm much pickier with that realm of things.  Besides metal, I'm a huge prog fan and I like all kinds of other stuff too.  It should also be noted that I'm a ridiculously huge fan of Buckethead.  Heard everything from him, have a lot of it, seen him live.  He rules.  Anyway, hope to fit in here, it seems like fun!
Welcome!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Good to see you here; welcome!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by DoritoFingers on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:43 am

Hello everyone.

My name is DoritoFingers. I am a 19 year old from Ontario Canada.

I was raised a non denominational Evangelical Protestant.

I started listening to Heavy Metal music when I was a teenager. The album that really got me into metal was Rust in Peace by Megadeth. After that I started to really get into metal. I for the most part like to listen to Thrash, and Power metal, but I enjoy almost all sub-genres of metal, and I enjoy most genres of music in general.

My other interests are politics, video games, walking around my town, and arguing on the internet.

I hope to get to know some of you guys. I will probably for the most part lurk for a fair bit before posting, but I am sure you guys will see me more in time.

Last edited by DoritoFingers on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoritoFingers
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:10 am

Welcome Kyle, Ian and... Canadian guy Very Happy
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Name: My name is Chris, I'm married and have one daughter on the way. I'm a full time student in my senior year at Ohio University, and also work full time.

Favorite Musical Genres: Industrial metal (the stuff that Fear Factory created and inspired), thrash, melodic death metal, metalcore, alternatve metal, progressive rock

I got into metal during high school when I started lifting weights and running a lot. Seems like I could never find anything on the radio heavy enough, so I began searching for searching for stuff on the internet. That's where I found most of my favorite bands, and started going to concerts with one of my powerlifting buddies who was also getting into the same kind of stuff at the same time I was. We started heading over to Louisville, KY every chance we could get to see all the metal bands coming through playing at Headliners Hall and Expo 5. I've seen so many bands live that I can't name them all unless I see their album or something about them and think "oh yeah, I saw them live." The one band that escapes me and has for a few years now is In Flames, who happens to be coming to Columbus for Rock On The Range this year.

Favorite Bands: Fear Factory, Mnemic, Sevendust, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Living Sacrifice, Sepultura, Kings X, The Jelly Jam, Enchant, Ill Nino, Amorphis, Heaven Shall Burn, Megadeth, Metallica, Threat Signal, Soulfly, Rise to Fall, Extol, Narnia, Rob Rock, Galactic Cowboys, Atomic Opera

Favorite Food: Salmon, sweet potatoes with cinnamon and honey, black coffee, spinach/kale/swiss chard with olive oil and vinegar, tuna steak, grouper, mahi, and of course, Ben & Jerry's

Hobbies: I have a gym in my garage so I lift a lot, going on trail runs with my wife and dogs, music, reading, recently doing a lot of work on the house like painting, flooring, and soon to fence in the back yard

ImagoDei
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Welcome Chris!  Glad to have you around.  Wow, full time studying AND working with a family.  Shocked  My hat is off to you!  That is a lot.  I think you'll find this place to be a pretty great community where you'll be prayed for and where you can learn about/discuss tons of new bands.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 am

Welcome dude!

Glad to see ya here!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:59 pm

I've been here for around 3 months, but I haven't properly introduced my self so I'm glad this thread is here.

Well I'm Mysterious Gamer Dude (My real name I never reveal to anyone, because that's just the way I roll.), most people who know me on other forums call me MGD for short. I grew up in an ultra tiny town in an undisclosed location in the U.S.

I'm 18 and have been homeschooled for the majority of my life. I'm also an only child. I was raised in a Christian household with an evangelical background. I've seen my share of both demonic encounters and deliverances, healings etc. and it has strengthened my Faith in Christ. And I'm so thankful that God allowed me to know His love from a young age. Like most of us here I encounter and have encountered a lot of legalistic people, I thank God that I have parents who have always supported me and always teach me in the ways of the Lord.

I absolutely LOVE nearly if not all forms of Metal, I don't like much else lol. I am a huge fan of both horror films and games. I also like the outdoors such as building the occasional camp fire and hunting. And I prefer muscle cars over trucks or sports cars, although hotrods are extremely awesome IMO. I love me some Star Wars, DC Comics, and Resident Evil. I never could get into Star Trek, but I'm not gonna shun you if you like it. ;-)

If I had to pick 3 favorite sub genres of Metal, they would be Black (Antestor, A Hill To Die Upon etc.), Death/Deathcore (The Famine, Impending Doom etc.), and Power/Thrash Metal (Divinefire etc.)

And that's all I can think of, hope your having an awesome day. Smile
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Welcome MGD!  I'm a big fan of horror flicks myself, though in more recent years I've been cutting back on some of those.  What are a few of your favorites?

p.s. check your private messages inbox.  Wink

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:I've been here for around 3 months, but I haven't properly introduced my self so I'm glad this thread is here.

Well I'm Mysterious Gamer Dude (My real name I never reveal to anyone, because that's just the way I roll.), most people who know me on other forums call me MGD for short. I grew up in an ultra tiny town in an undisclosed location in the U.S.

I'm 18 and have been homeschooled for the majority of my life. I'm also an only child. I was raised in a Christian household with an evangelical background. I've seen my share of both demonic encounters and deliverances, healings etc. and it has strengthened my Faith in Christ. And I'm so thankful that God allowed me to know His love from a young age. Like most of us here I encounter and have encountered a lot of legalistic people, I thank God that I have parents who have always supported me and always teach me in the ways of the Lord.

I absolutely LOVE nearly if not all forms of Metal, I don't like much else lol. I am a huge fan of both horror films and games. I also like the outdoors such as building the occasional camp fire and hunting. And I prefer muscle cars over trucks or sports cars, although hotrods are extremely awesome IMO. I love me some Star Wars, DC Comics, and Resident Evil. I never could get into Star Trek, but I'm not gonna shun you if you like it. ;-)

If I had to pick 3 favorite sub genres of Metal, they would be Black (Antestor, A Hill To Die Upon etc.), Death/Deathcore (The Famine, Impending Doom etc.), and Power/Thrash Metal (Divinefire etc.)

Hey dude Welcome! I had no idea we had so much in common! Very Happy

Im homeschooled currently and have been since I started highschool

Huge video game fan, and yes Star Wars and DC Comics are amazing! Have to say I like Star Trek more than Star Wars Razz

Huge metalcore fan (Love The Famine and Impending Doom) but I do love some Black and Power Metal, some of my favorites are Frost Like Ashes and Seventh Avenue

Hope you like it here! Metal 3
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 am

Kerrick wrote:Welcome MGD!  I'm a big fan of horror flicks myself, though in more recent years I've been cutting back on some of those.  What are a few of your favorites?

p.s. check your private messages inbox.  Wink

Checked! Smile

Some of the more recent ones I've seen that are worth watching are Oculus, Pet, and A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-4. A few years ago I seen the remake of The Thing. I remember seeing The Grudge when I was a lot younger. Back then it always scared the living devil out of me. Seen the first Child's Play way before I should have ever seen a horror movie lol, and I seen Steven Spielberg's It around the same time. Looking back on most of these movies they aren't scary at all. But alas I still love horror.

I know you asked for a few but I got carried away lol.
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:31 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:I've been here for around 3 months, but I haven't properly introduced my self so I'm glad this thread is here.

Hey dude Welcome! I had no idea we had so much in common! Very Happy

Im homeschooled currently and have been since I started highschool

Huge video game fan, and yes Star Wars and DC Comics are amazing! Have to say I like Star Trek more than Star Wars Razz

Huge metalcore fan (Love The Famine and Impending Doom) but I do love some Black and Power Metal, some of my favorites are Frost Like Ashes and Seventh Avenue

Hope you like it here! Metal 3

That's awesome! It's cool to have someone to relate to. I've been homeschooled sense... dang, seems like forever. 

Awe man Metalcore is awesome too! It, more specifically Demon Hunter, is what paved the way for me to get into Metal. And also all of those hours of my uncle making me listen to Metallica (Metal 1) lol.

I already do like it here! I usually don't stick around a forum unless there's something special about it. Thanks!
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 am

Welcome MGD! I too was home educated and graduated from it, but that was 1990, so I may or may not be a "fellow kid". My children are home educated as well.
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:39 pm

New Creation wrote:Welcome MGD! I too was home educated and graduated from it, but that was 1990, so I may or may not be a "fellow kid". My children are home educated as well.

Oh cool! There are a lot more people on here that have things in common with me than I thought.

And thanks!
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Hi there!

Post by Yaaqov on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am

Hi everybody! I've just registered on this forum. I am Jacob, I am 35 years old, I am located in Guatemala (Guatemala city) currently working at a call center for Canada, I love to read Police novel and History novel. Last but not least, I am metal fan like everyone here.

Favorite bands, it is hard to say, however as most of you, I have started with the following:

Mortification
Tourniquet
Living Sacrifice (91-95 era)
Deliverance
Stryper
Bloodgood
Vengeance Rising
Bride
Extol
Paramaecium
Megadeth (I know that it is not a christian band, but because of Dave Mustaine, I fell in love with Metal music)

Well, could be more things to add, however I am here to share thoughts and meet more people around the world (I often use Facebook, this is why I looked for a fourm)

Strong in Christ!
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am

Very nice to meet you Jacob. ¡Mucho gusto!
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

Yaaqov wrote:Hi everybody! I've just registered on this forum. I am Jacob, I am 35 years old, I am located in Guatemala (Guatemala city) currently working at a call center for Canada, I love to read Police novel and History novel. Last but not least, I am metal fan like everyone here.

Favorite bands, it is hard to say, however as most of you, I have started with the following:

Mortification
Tourniquet
Deliverance
Stryper
Bloodgood
Vengeance Rising
Bride
Extol
Paramaecium
Megadeth (I know that it is not a christian band, but because of Dave Mustaine, I fell in love with Metal music)

Well, could be more things to add, however I am here to share thoughts and meet more people around the world (I often use Facebook, this is why I looked for a fourm)

Strong in Christ!
Bienvenidos!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaaqov on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am

New Creation wrote:Very nice to meet you Jacob. ¡Mucho gusto!
Nice to meet you too man! el gusto es mio  Rockin Loud
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaaqov on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

d@v!d wrote:
Yaaqov wrote:Hi everybody! I've just registered on this forum. I am Jacob, I am 35 years old, I am located in Guatemala (Guatemala city) currently working at a call center for Canada, I love to read Police novel and History novel. Last but not least, I am metal fan like everyone here.

Mortification
Tourniquet
Deliverance
Stryper
Bloodgood
Vengeance Rising
Bride
Extol
Paramaecium

Strong in Christ!
Bienvenidos!
Gracias! Tusen takk!
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 am

Yaaqov wrote:Gracias! Tusen takk!
Are you Norwegian? If so, what brings you out to Guatemala?
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:46 am

Welcome Jacob Smile
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaaqov on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 am

d@v!d wrote:
hahahahaha! Sorry for the misunderstood, I am 110% Guatemalan, however other fact about me, is that I am learining by myself Norwegian...
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
hahahahaha! Sorry for the misunderstood, I am 110% Guatemalan, however other fact about me, is that I am learining by myself Norwegian...
No problem. I had to look it up. I like languages. I'm fluent in Spanish and know a little German and Portuguese.
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaaqov on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
No problem. I had to look it up. I like languages. I'm fluent in Spanish and know a little German and Portuguese.
NICE!!! I am also currently (trying) to learn German in Duolingo, because it is easier than Norwegian hahahahaha
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:14 am

Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
NICE!!! I am also currently (trying) to learn German in Duolingo, because it is easier than Norwegian hahahahaha
I became conversational in Spanish in a little less than 2 years of hard work, so then i thought I could learn anything likewise. German kicked my tail.
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaaqov on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:20 am

d@v!d wrote:
Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
Yaaqov wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
I became conversational in Spanish in a little less than 2 years of hard work, so then i thought I could learn anything likewise. German kicked my tail.
Always there is a (second) language that we learn for different reasons, and then when we attempt to learn a third one, it is hard as kick in the... eyes... hahahaha
Now, the reason that I am learning Norwegian, it's because one of my personal goals is to travel to Norway and stay for (at least) 1 month...
Yaaqov
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Cydonius here, not new to the forum but can't get a new password under my former username since I have a different email now and can't remember the old password. Anyway, I love lots of styles of music but prefer '70s, Doom, Stoner, Thrash, Blues & Jazz. I also am into weightlifting, playing stringed instruments, recording, writing lyrics and speak English, two dialects of Spanish and am learning Kiswahili. Hope to contribute to this awesome place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am

Welcome (again? I guess)!

You may notice that if you don't submit to the glory of power metal, you will find in me harshness.

Wait, harshness from a power metal nerd? Just a minute, my head hurts....

Anyway, welcome again Very Happy
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Haha! Thanks. I have the complete discographies of Audiovision, Divine Fire, Golden Resurrection, Narnia, Theocracy and the one cd of Tornado that I know of so am I in your good graces? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Good to see you here!  Welcome.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks, man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:20 am

Cydonius wrote:Haha! Thanks. I have the complete discographies of Audiovision, Divine Fire, Golden Resurrection, Narnia, Theocracy and the one cd of Tornado that I know of so am I in your good graces? Razz
Tornado gives you some cult cred, since I don't own anything by them. So you're good!
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am

Cydonius wrote:Cydonius here, not new to the forum but can't get a new password under my former username since I have a different email now and can't remember the old password. Anyway, I love lots of styles of music but prefer '70s, Doom, Stoner, Thrash, Blues & Jazz. I also am into weightlifting, playing stringed instruments, recording, writing lyrics and speak English, two dialects of Spanish and am learning Kiswahili. Hope to contribute to this awesome place!
Welcome!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 am

d@v!d wrote:
Cydonius wrote:Cydonius here, not new to the forum but can't get a new password under my former username since I have a different email now and can't remember the old password. Anyway, I love lots of styles of music but prefer '70s, Doom, Stoner, Thrash, Blues & Jazz. I also am into weightlifting, playing stringed instruments, recording, writing lyrics and speak English, two dialects of Spanish and am learning Kiswahili. Hope to contribute to this awesome place!
Welcome!
Thanks! I really dig the "Don Ramon" av.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Cydonius wrote:Thanks! I really dig the "Don Ramon" av.

No te doy otro nomas porque..
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke on Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Hello everyone.  New here (sort of.)  For a long time I was under the name wv_metaller4christ.  I've come back (again) as I have missed the fellowship and having friends to talk about God and music with.  I'm a different man than I was years back.  Music taste has stayed virtually the same.  A love for death, black and thrash metal.  I don't play video games much anymore.  I've recently taken up target shooting and guns so anyone whose into that feel free to hit me up. NRA and USCCA member. I've also become and avid autograph collector in the last 2 years and frequently share my successes for any who wants to see.

I use the KJV Bible.  I grew up with it, I'm comfortable with it and its the one I like to read.  Mostly Baptist leanings as far as theology goes.  I'll debate one on one (private message) but truthfully I didn't come here for that. 

Anyways, glad to be back.  Hope I'm welcome still. I don't recall ever being reprimanded for anything.
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T on Thu May 11, 2017 5:43 pm

It's Great to see you again!!

Glad you are back!

cheers
L8T
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Good to see you again, man!

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Oh cool, I just assumed you were new. I love me some guns (Any weapon really). Looks like we have a very similar taste in music. Anyways welcome back!
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke on Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:Oh cool, I just assumed you were new. I love me some guns (Any weapon really). Looks like we have a very similar taste in music. Anyways welcome back!

Nice to meet you.  And thanks!

PM me anytime you want to talk guns.
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

I think I started a gun thread some time ago...  Feel free to resurrect it!

(I'm currently in the market for a home defense gun my wife can use.  I think I'll be getting a M1 Carbine in the very near future.)

EDIT: and welcome (back)!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke on Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Kerrick wrote:I think I started a gun thread some time ago...  Feel free to resurrect it!

(I'm currently in the market for a home defense gun my wife can use.  I think I'll be getting a M1 Carbine in the very near future.)

EDIT: and welcome (back)!
Thanks kerrick!

As for home defense, you can't go wrong with a 9mm or even a 1911.
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri May 12, 2017 12:27 pm

I have both 9mm and a good 1911, but the tricky thing is finding something my wife is comfortable with.  She's much more comfortable on rifles than handguns.  Additionally, between California's strict laws AND our landlords' stupid rules about firearm storage... our options are pretty limited.  I was hoping to find a 9mm carbine but nobody makes those anymore (other than AR platforms for which CA has plenty of regulations on) and they're $$$ used.  Sigh...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke on Fri May 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Have you tried hi-point?
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content