The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by KaramKaram on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Starting this thread for all new comers to introduce themselves, it would be nice to know you all.
If you see a new comer please refer them to this thread.
Thanks

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Re: The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by jayhawkfan3602 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi my name is Matthew. I am 32, married to beautiful woman named Maria, and an owner of three rambunctious dogs. I have been listening to Christian metal since 1997. My favorite styles are (un)black metal and death metal. I am also a huge sports fan.

jayhawkfan3602
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Nice! Welcome Matthew. 

Rambunctious dogs? what they look like? I love dogs, but my wife doesn't allows me to have one

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jayhawkfan3602 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:38 pm

The oldest is 6 year old female, black Chihuahua/Min Pin mix named Sweet Pea, the middle "child" is a 5 year old male, piebald (white with black markings, kinda like a cow) Chihuahua/Terrier mix named Max, and the youngest is a 5 year old female, white with fawn (light brown, almost tan) markings Maltese named Chocolata. Bummer man, dogs are great!

jayhawkfan3602
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Name: Allen but my friends all call me Raven! Wink

I'm 38

Favorite Musical Genres: Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Synthpop, Glam Metal & Hard Rock, Thrash Metal and Alternative Rock & Pop/Rock!

I first got into Metal through Christian Metal (uh - oh! it was a gateway! Wink Back when I was just a kid. Stryper, Bloodgood, Saint, Barren Cross, Sacred Warrior, Rez, Bride and Leviticus and Whitecross were among my favorites! Then I discovered Thrash Metal - with Deliverance and Vengeance Rising!

I mostly listen to secular music nowadays. Now that I am no longer under the law. Because the quality is superior and I am a sound quality type of person. However, I still listen to quite a bit of Christian Metal and other genres of Christian music.

Favorite band: Therion

Favorite Food: Steak and Lobster, Fish Tacos & Soulfood. And Cheeseburgers Wink 

I  currently live in Utah, but am planning on moving to Washington state in a few years. Spokane to be precise.

I'm a Libertarian, and I lean Left.

I love Jesus! He is my savior! I am a non-denominational/New Thought Christian.

I have two kids who mean the world to me!!!

Hobbies: Hiking. Listening to music, watching movies, travel and having a great time hanging out at the CMR!!! Been making some great friends here! Smile

Last edited by RavenWolf on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding favorite band)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Welcome Matthew!!!!!

Hope you like it here!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Well Ive been here over 2 years but I still call myself new compared to everyone else here. Laughing 

(Ill copy Raven's template Cool)

Name: Cameron, but call me HC, Hardcore, or whatever, Im the forum's resident "core" professional

I'm 15
Favorite Musical Genres: Metalcore, Thrash Metal, Glam Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, and Johnny Cash

I got into metal through my parents who had been listening since Stryper and Bloodgood and progressed through the ages to like Demon Hunter, Underoath, As I Lay Dying. I was into core because of that, about 5 years ago I went back and found bands like Ultimatum and Mortification and kept going back, so I have quite a diverse taste.

Favorite Bands: Mortification, Blessed By A Broken Heart, The Showdown, For Today, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, Disciple, Sleeping Giant, Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Phinehas, Haste The Day
Favorite Food: Tacos, pizza, lasagna, Fried chicken, hush puppies, anything seafood, chinese also, enchiladas, tamales, the like
Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, no lifeing video games, watching sports, collecting music, going to shows, binging sci fi tv series

Thats me Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Welcome everybody!

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm

I say everyone do this!!! Even the older members ... so those of us who are new ... can get to know you too!!

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:41 am

-My name is Adam, age 41.
-Married for 19 years.
-Known Jesus for 36 years.
-Have 8 children here and 3 with the Lord.
-Former church pastor and street evangelist.
-I work as tech support for an internet provider.
-I'm blessed enough to work from home and have done so since 2009.
-We have a dog named Jarvis. He is a chiweenie and is about 1 year old.
-For hobbies, I'm an amateur archivist and am always busy updating the database at Discogs. So far, in just the last 4 years, I've submitted almost 3,000 unique releases and uploaded over 18,000 images http://www.discogs.com/user/Adambassador

My life has been filled with primarily music from the Christian market and classical. Started out as a child with Christian contemporary like Steve Green, Sandi Patty, Don Francisco and Larnelle Harris.

As a teen, I started dabbling in rock like Petra, Whiteheart and Mylon Lefevre and Broken Heart. Keep in mind, this was forbidden in my home because my parents were tied to a Christian cult led by Bill Gothard. So, all this kind of music I sneaked into the home and kept hidden. That was very difficult.

I then started finding metal and moved into groups like Vengeance, Deliverance and Tourniquet. I was in heaven!!! But, as usual, still with the sneaking of music and sneaking out to concerts.

I also began to branch out into alternative, punk and industrial and found such amazing groups. I should start making more threads about them here in the forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Adam wrote:

I also began to branch out into alternative, punk and industrial and found such amazing groups. I should start making more threads about them here in the forums.

Indeed you should! Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

11razorwire has arrived

Post by 11razorwire on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey!!! My name is Mark and I found this awesome forum once my metal buddy decided he didn't really want to talk about hard rock and metal as much and, dude, I need an outlet. So I typed hard rock heavy metal forums into a search engine and...here I am!

I'm 46, live in beautiful Myrtle Beach SC, am married, 3 kids and am a Bible-believing, unashamed Christian who just happens to like loud music. Any type of hard rock or heavy metal, that isn't satanic, I listen to. I also love conversing about it, new bands, new albums, old stuff, tours, concerts, rumors and whatever else. So, if this forum has a type of direct messaging, feel free to chat with me that way.

My current favorites include Megadeth, Judas Priest, Ratt, Havok, Avatar, In This Moment, Butcher Babies, Motley Crue, Beartooth, Hammerfall, Antestor, Aerosmith, Kix, Krypteria, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Rancid, Alice Cooper, Nirvana, The Pretty Reckless...man, I could go on for another hour so I'll stop.

So glad to find such a cool forum. And with that, I'm off to start posting...and where better to begin than with my favorite band at the Megadeth Dystopia thread. Rock on!!!
11razorwire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 am

Rock on dude! Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

In This Moment, Hammerfall and Rancid are all fave bands of mine too!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:37 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3
I feel honored to be among such esteemed rockers. Diversity is my thing. One minute I'm blowing up my speakers with Accept, the next I'm grooving to ZZ Top. Thanks for the welcome.
11razorwire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:20 pm

Welcome dude

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 am

11razorwire wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3
I feel honored to be among such esteemed rockers. Diversity is my thing. One minute I'm blowing up my speakers with Accept, the next I'm grooving to ZZ Top. Thanks for the welcome.

Diversity is my thing too and there are a lot of people here also who are very diverse! Glad you have found us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:38 pm

11razorwire wrote:Beartooth
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome dude Cool

we will get along fine Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
11razorwire wrote:Beartooth
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome dude Cool

we will get along fine Very Happy

Haha nice! Now you got somebody to talk 'Metalcore' with!!!

Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:43 am

Copying RW:

Name: Mike (and I live in Fla {Florida})

I'm 44, 3 kids, 22, 14 and 6. Married 21 years.

Favorite Musical Genres: Classic Rock, 80's music, just about anything that isn't nu metal, country or rap. When it comes to Christian music I only enjoy 80's Christian Metal or music that sounds like that era. I am not very interested in new music at all unless it is something that sounds classic. 

Born in Pontiac, Michigan, moved to Knoxville, TN when I was 10. Consider Knoxville home now. Graduated from The University of Tennessee (wife did too, we met at UT) and we are VOL Fans. Moved to Florida in 2000. 

I first got into rock and metal thru my older brothers (I am the youngest of 5). I was exposed to Hendrix, Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Bad Company and the like at a very early age when all of that stuff was somewhat still considered new (and Jimi was releasing albums in the mid 70's after his death). As time went on I discovered Judas Priest, Maiden and all types of hair metal... Love it all, discovered Stryper's Reason For The Season EP vinyl around Christmas of 85 or so. Hooked on them ever since and started looking for more bands like that. Found Saint, Messiah Prophet, Bloodgood, etc. Pretty much everyone on Pure Metal Records or Intense.

Favorite band: Styx

Favorite Food: Depends but today I would say Mexican, maybe Chinese tomorrow. Always depends.

I'm a Democrat, and yes I am Christian (there is such a thing as a Christian Democrat I am surrounded by them at work and at home). 

I love Jesus! He is my savior! I am a Methodist but grew up in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church

Hobbies: Vinyl records, outdoors, camping and hiking (which I haven't had time to do in ages and haven't hiked since moving out of the Smoky Mountains).

I used to be a DJ in Classic Rock Radio. Started in Christian Radio in 1989 then in 1991 went to a Top 40 station. 1995 got hired by a country station when I graduated from UT. Moved again in 1997 to Missouri and worked at a Classic Rocker. Moved in 2000 to Panama City, FL to take over programming duties at a Classic Rock station. "Retired" from radio in 2005 and now work as a Chemist in a lab at a paper mill. Totally burned out on radio in 2005 and haven't even listened to it since. I hate terrestrial radio.

Here we are last winter at Ralphie's House in Cleveland, OH.

And here we are at Hoover Dam last summer during our cross country road trip:

Edit: Oh yeah, I have been here a long time. Was on Firestream then when that forum changed (I think to a gaming forum) I went to the CMR. CMR was hacked and then I came to this version. So I have been around for a while.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 am

Adam wrote:
As Spock would say "fascinating". Because it really takes guts to approach strangers and profess your faith, I just don't think I have the talent for such things (or even approaching strangers about anything). 

I will say this: I can speak to a crowd of over 8,000 people. But I have trouble talking to one or two that I do not know. Strange I know, but in the radio business I had chances to introduce bands and appear on stage. That was never a problem and I have never had a problem talking about Jesus in front of large groups. But give me less than 5 people and I will clam up. 

Oh, and I love discogs, such a cool site but I do not have all of my stuff listed.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:35 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Adam wrote:
As Spock would say "fascinating". Because it really takes guts to approach strangers and profess your faith, I just don't think I have the talent for such things (or even approaching strangers about anything). 

I will say this: I can speak to a crowd of over 8,000 people. But I have trouble talking to one or two that I do not know. Strange I know, but in the radio business I had chances to introduce bands and appear on stage. That was never a problem and I have never had a problem talking about Jesus in front of large groups. But give me less than 5 people and I will clam up. 

Oh, and I love discogs, such a cool site but I do not have all of my stuff listed.

I've learned it takes even more guts to approach a brother about sin or to be approached by a brother about sin. That's where Christian living gets real.

And regarding Discogs, if you ever need any help, just ask. I'd like to friend you there. Could you post your username or send it to me in a private message?

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 am

User name is MikeInFla

I  haven't updated it in a while, and when I do update it I am not actually looking at my collection. It is normally an "oh yeah" moment when I remember I have something.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Time to introduce myself too Smile

Name: Marine, from south of France

I'm 23, single.

Favorite Musical Genres: Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Hard/Metal/Death/core, Grind, Doom Metal, Unblack, Rap, Rock, Punk, Electro. I'm listening secular and Christian music because as RavenWolf, musical quality isn't still present in Christian scene.

Hobbies: Music, books, movies

Born in Catholic familly, i'm today more close to Lutherans.

Actually student at AMU university, i also make review for a Metalcore webzine and articles against hoax on the internet.

Anything else? Ah, for news users: my username means watermelon ^^
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://mfuprods.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Cool to get to know everybody a bit more! Thanks for posting guys!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnor on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 am

Hey folks, my name is John, recently rejoined. I was a member of firestream (not sure if this is connected to it?) but yeah, missed having the discussions! I am a Bible College student in Dallas, played in a few bands and listen to anything from bluegrass to black metal. Looking forward to having discussions here!
Ragnor
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Welcome John! We're looking forward to getting to know you better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm

hey ragnor, welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Welcome Ragnor!

Nope, no official connection to Firestream though a lot of folks here are/were involved in one way or another.

Would we recognize any of the bands you've played in?  What style?

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnor on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:Welcome Ragnor!

Nope, no official connection to Firestream though a lot of folks here are/were involved in one way or another.

Would we recognize any of the bands you've played in?  What style?

No I wish my band would have had that kind of recognition haha! We played southern metal with old school hardcore influences. We just played local shows in our hometown. It was a blast. And isn't that all that matters, right? haha
Ragnor
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Ragnor wrote:We played southern metal with old school hardcore influences.
Any releases?

You guys sound straight up my alley
Metal 2
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnor on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Any releases?

Metal 2

No we never got to it! We recorded an EP but never finished it because we moved apart. Thanks college....  face palm
Ragnor
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Copying RW:

Name: Aaron

I'm 41, 1 Child almost 11 months, Married for 2 years

Favorite Musical Genres: Depends on my mood, Some of my favorite artists are, David Bowie, Scott Weiland, Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters, Metric, Megadeth, Deliverance, The Violet Burning, Queen.

Born in New London, Connecticut, have lived in Connecticut for most of my life minus a 2 month stint in Seattle, WA and a 5 year stint in Murfreesboro, TN, I got divorced in 2011, marriage was falling apart and turns out my ex wife was cheating on me. Remarried in 2013 after meeting my wife just 10 months after moving back to CT. Our child was born in March 2015, we also have 3 dogs. 2 beagles and a 1 lab/terrier/husky mix who I named Bowie.

I got into Christian Metal in the 80s with my cousin introducing me to Stryper. Soldiers Under Command, To Hell With the Devil, and Yellow & Black Attack was my gateway. Soon I found bands like Vengence Rising, Sacrament, Deliverance, Tourniquet, Sacred Warrior, Holy Soldier, Bloodgood the list goes on. In the 90s when it appeared the market was dying out I lost most interest in Christian Metal.  I moved on to different kinds of music. I listen to a broad range of music.

Favorite band: David Bowie

Favorite Food: Depends on my mood but Im always in the mood for Seafood like Scallops, Calamari, Fish, Clam Strips, Whole Bellys, Lobster, Crab, etc.

I guess I am a Libertarian at least according to the quiz i took online Smile

I love Jesus! He is my savior! I go to a Non Denominational Church in New London called Tree of Life Christian Fellowship  www.tolcf.org (I'm their webmaster)

Hobbies: Reading, Designing Websites, Video Games like Star Wars the Old Republic, and Star Wars Galaxies on a EMU, Writing, Watching TV, Going on adventures

I had a Show on Intense Radio for a short time in 2006. The Dreamland Cafe where I played Indie Christian Metal, and anything that struck my fancy.  Ive always wanted to start a Internet Radio Station with my Pastor that would provide a variety of things such as talk shows discussing music, music, themed music shows. Maybe one day I also dream of taking another Disney Cruise with my family Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Ragnor wrote:No we never got to it! We recorded an EP but never finished it because we moved apart. Thanks college....  face palm
Dang well maybe a reunion is in order Razz
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:03 am

Ragnor wrote:
Any releases?

Metal 2

No we never got to it! We recorded an EP but never finished it because we moved apart. Thanks college....  face palm
Welcome John Smile
I had the same problem with my project :/
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:24 pm

OK, just joined this site today. About me? I'm a preacher working in welding supplies. I find that, as a Christian, not only is it hard to find people to talk about music with, but say your into metal and they think your crazy, weird, worldly/unsaved or the Devil himself! lol I googled Christian metal forums, yesterday I think, found this place and one other. Both seemed cool with cool people but this one was more active so I got to reading some threads and decided to join. I'm 38, single and love metal! Every style from glam to death; or as I like to say, "Everything from Stryper to Impending Doom". My favorite bands are Demon Hunter, For Today, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Leaves' Eyes and Opeth. I look forward to hanging out and talking to you all. UP THE IRONS!!!
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Welcome!  It's good to have you here.  I'm sure you'll find that you'll fit right in. Smile

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks Kerrick!
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Fearless For The King wrote: "Everything from Stryper to Impending Doom". My favorite bands are Demon Hunter, For Today, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Leaves' Eyes and Opeth. I look forward to hanging out and talking to you all. UP THE IRONS!!!
Yes! Im with ya! "Stryper to Impending Doom" is my alley! Welcome and hope you like it here!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Hey fellow Christian Metal fan! Glad you found us! I have found that there are some incredible people here! Great taste in music!

I'm also a huge fan of Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Leaves' Eyes! Not to mention Stryper! Hope you stick around!!! There are times when this place seems to slow down ... but please just be patient and it will pick back up! When I first joined it seemed practically dead. Not anymore, so that's cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:36 am

Thanks guys! Looking forward to spending some time here. I have no internet at home right now so I'll be posting when at work so sometimes that'll get in the way! lol
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 am

Welcome Fearless For The King Smile
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:36 am

Since I occasionally visited this forum because it came up in the search results in Google (you know, background check on bands etc.), I thought it might be nice to join. Another reason is that I'm getting tired of discussing christian topics online with non-christians. It turns out that in many cases, people prefer to remain ignorant (despite calling themselves "critical", "skeptical" and whatnot). Would be nice to occasionally visit a place online with less hostility to my beliefs.

Anyway, about myself. My name is André, I'm 26 years old and I'm a Dutchman living in Germany (in Potsdam, near Berlin). I followed my wife here because she'll be doing a PhD at the Max Planck Institute. I still have to finish my study in Dutch law, but I will do so with a twist: my thesis will compare Dutch and German copyright law.
We have two dogs, we bought them from the animal shelter when we were married for one year.

I finally came to get to know the Lord at the age of 21, after a lifetime of believing that everything we say and do is flawed at least. Something I still can't deny, but before that time it stopped me from asking the Lord for help. Because, what's the use of asking the Lord for help when even this asking is flawed? A horrible and satanic trap that still alot of Dutch reformed christians find themselves in. Luckily, God is stronger than that (somehow He always is, very comforting!).

On the subject of music, I'm heavily into heavy/power/prog metal. Also prog rock can do it for me; occasionally I even listen to classical and Scottish/Irish folk. It wasn't before the tender age of 18 before I seriously got into metal though. (The whole Rammstein/Metallica/Apocalyptica phase before that doesn't really count Wink)  and since my conversion I'm also into music with a christian message.

Lastly (for now!), I'm really into exploring the Bible and its cohesion. Additionally I like to read theological and philosophical books etc. Other hobbies include playing football (Americans call it "soccer" Wink ) and playing older video games (right now Yuri's Revenge and Fifa 08).

Looking forward to spending some more time on this forum!

Warm regards,
André
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Welcome Andre! So glad you joined us! Smile 

I hope you feel comfortable here and get to know us and stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:15 am

Hey Andre, welcome to the forum!
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

My Introduction!

Post by Storms of Disillusion on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi! My name is Brandon. I've lurked on this forum for a long time but I finally decided to come out and post something!
I enjoy reading your guys' posts and I've found some cool bands on here. Very Happy
Storms of Disillusion
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 am

Welcome to the forum Storms!
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:02 am

Welcome Andre and Brandon Smile
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Facet on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:44 am

Hi all!

I'm a 21 year old from England! I am currently working as a intern for a church doing pastoral ministry.

I started out on bands like Papa Roach, three days grace, Disturbed etc from the age of around 10, I became a Christian at 13 and started to listen to a lot of Kutless, Skillet, Red, Pillar those kind of bands but as I started listening to more music and did a lot of searching myself, I got into heavier stuff, first metalcore (so stuff like demon hunter) which progressed more into heavy/thrash/speed metal. I love pretty much every form of rock and metal however and still regulary listen to Papa Roach as well as much heavier bands.
I have recently got a lot more into power metal, most particulary; theocracy.

I also love sport; cricket, handball and football (not the American variety Wink ), I enjoy running but injured my knee so can't do much at the moment Sad Still, good excuse to sit on the sofa and watch the olympics Razz .

Nice to meet y'all Very Happy

Facet
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: