The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

+73
Dukester
caveofhoreb777
Aldi80s
Black Rider
kpec3
Deadinside
Seth Dusith
ShotGunderson
StevenCressler
crucifyd
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
seth
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Snakes & Metal
James5150
dhmsatx
Mister B
M_Mosher
Frozen Fire
nocturnaliridescence
Jbassr
Oldiesmann
BaleMaster
Sevenoneself
Aryeh Yehudah
Theonymic
Avalonjohn44
auslander
Triptyque
Raegoul
breakthecycle
brutalwarfaretx
endlessfuneral
Son of Nun
guitarhoops
Hidgxx
Psykik Terrorist
VonKrafte
Athonite
BrutalWarfare82
Ammocas
Staybrite
HenrikB
Anfauglith
Rizzen7
bassdude
alldatndensum
crusader
HeavyLighter
Stacerooroo
Gorship
exo
L8T
stringfellow_hawke
Yaaqov
New Creation
Nocturnal Servant
ImagoDei
stainedclass2112
d@v!d
KaiHeiJinshu
Facet
Storms of Disillusion
Andreas89
Fearless For The King
Kerrick
Ragnor
MikeInFla
11razorwire
Hardcore Christian
jayhawkfan3602
KaramKaram
77 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread Empty The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Starting this thread for all new comers to introduce themselves, it would be nice to know you all.
If you see a new comer please refer them to this thread.
Thanks
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

breakthecycle and caveofhoreb777 like this post

Back to top Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread Empty Re: The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by jayhawkfan3602 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi my name is Matthew. I am 32, married to beautiful woman named Maria, and an owner of three rambunctious dogs. I have been listening to Christian metal since 1997. My favorite styles are (un)black metal and death metal. I am also a huge sports fan.

jayhawkfan3602
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Nice! Welcome Matthew. 

Rambunctious dogs? what they look like? I love dogs, but my wife doesn't allows me to have one
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jayhawkfan3602 Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:08 pm

The oldest is 6 year old female, black Chihuahua/Min Pin mix named Sweet Pea, the middle "child" is a 5 year old male, piebald (white with black markings, kinda like a cow) Chihuahua/Terrier mix named Max, and the youngest is a 5 year old female, white with fawn (light brown, almost tan) markings Maltese named Chocolata. Bummer man, dogs are great!

jayhawkfan3602
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Name: Allen but my friends all call me Raven! Wink

I'm 38

Favorite Musical Genres: Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Synthpop, Glam Metal & Hard Rock, Thrash Metal and Alternative Rock & Pop/Rock!

I first got into Metal through Christian Metal (uh - oh! it was a gateway! Wink Back when I was just a kid. Stryper, Bloodgood, Saint, Barren Cross, Sacred Warrior, Rez, Bride and Leviticus and Whitecross were among my favorites! Then I discovered Thrash Metal - with Deliverance and Vengeance Rising!

I mostly listen to secular music nowadays. Now that I am no longer under the law. Because the quality is superior and I am a sound quality type of person. However, I still listen to quite a bit of Christian Metal and other genres of Christian music.

Favorite band: Therion

Favorite Food: Steak and Lobster, Fish Tacos & Soulfood. And Cheeseburgers Wink 

I  currently live in Utah, but am planning on moving to Washington state in a few years. Spokane to be precise.

I'm a Libertarian, and I lean Left.

I love Jesus! He is my savior! I am a non-denominational/New Thought Christian.

I have two kids who mean the world to me!!!

Hobbies: Hiking. Listening to music, watching movies, travel and having a great time hanging out at the CMR!!! Been making some great friends here! Smile

Last edited by RavenWolf on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding favorite band)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Welcome Matthew!!!!!

Hope you like it here!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Well Ive been here over 2 years but I still call myself new compared to everyone else here. Laughing 

(Ill copy Raven's template Cool)

Name: Cameron, but call me HC, Hardcore, or whatever, Im the forum's resident "core" professional

I'm 15
Favorite Musical Genres: Metalcore, Thrash Metal, Glam Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, and Johnny Cash

I got into metal through my parents who had been listening since Stryper and Bloodgood and progressed through the ages to like Demon Hunter, Underoath, As I Lay Dying. I was into core because of that, about 5 years ago I went back and found bands like Ultimatum and Mortification and kept going back, so I have quite a diverse taste.

Favorite Bands: Mortification, Blessed By A Broken Heart, The Showdown, For Today, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, Disciple, Sleeping Giant, Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Phinehas, Haste The Day
Favorite Food: Tacos, pizza, lasagna, Fried chicken, hush puppies, anything seafood, chinese also, enchiladas, tamales, the like
Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, no lifeing video games, watching sports, collecting music, going to shows, binging sci fi tv series

Thats me Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Welcome everybody!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:12 pm

I say everyone do this!!! Even the older members ... so those of us who are new ... can get to know you too!!

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 am

-My name is Adam, age 41.
-Married for 19 years.
-Known Jesus for 36 years.
-Have 8 children here and 3 with the Lord.
-Former church pastor and street evangelist.
-I work as tech support for an internet provider.
-I'm blessed enough to work from home and have done so since 2009.
-We have a dog named Jarvis. He is a chiweenie and is about 1 year old.
-For hobbies, I'm an amateur archivist and am always busy updating the database at Discogs. So far, in just the last 4 years, I've submitted almost 3,000 unique releases and uploaded over 18,000 images http://www.discogs.com/user/Adambassador

My life has been filled with primarily music from the Christian market and classical. Started out as a child with Christian contemporary like Steve Green, Sandi Patty, Don Francisco and Larnelle Harris.

As a teen, I started dabbling in rock like Petra, Whiteheart and Mylon Lefevre and Broken Heart. Keep in mind, this was forbidden in my home because my parents were tied to a Christian cult led by Bill Gothard. So, all this kind of music I sneaked into the home and kept hidden. That was very difficult.

I then started finding metal and moved into groups like Vengeance, Deliverance and Tourniquet. I was in heaven!!! But, as usual, still with the sneaking of music and sneaking out to concerts.

I also began to branch out into alternative, punk and industrial and found such amazing groups. I should start making more threads about them here in the forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Adam wrote:

I also began to branch out into alternative, punk and industrial and found such amazing groups. I should start making more threads about them here in the forums.

Indeed you should! Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread Empty 11razorwire has arrived

Post by 11razorwire Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Hey!!! My name is Mark and I found this awesome forum once my metal buddy decided he didn't really want to talk about hard rock and metal as much and, dude, I need an outlet. So I typed hard rock heavy metal forums into a search engine and...here I am!

I'm 46, live in beautiful Myrtle Beach SC, am married, 3 kids and am a Bible-believing, unashamed Christian who just happens to like loud music. Any type of hard rock or heavy metal, that isn't satanic, I listen to. I also love conversing about it, new bands, new albums, old stuff, tours, concerts, rumors and whatever else. So, if this forum has a type of direct messaging, feel free to chat with me that way.

My current favorites include Megadeth, Judas Priest, Ratt, Havok, Avatar, In This Moment, Butcher Babies, Motley Crue, Beartooth, Hammerfall, Antestor, Aerosmith, Kix, Krypteria, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Rancid, Alice Cooper, Nirvana, The Pretty Reckless...man, I could go on for another hour so I'll stop.

So glad to find such a cool forum. And with that, I'm off to start posting...and where better to begin than with my favorite band at the Megadeth Dystopia thread. Rock on!!!
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:26 am

Rock on dude! Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

In This Moment, Hammerfall and Rancid are all fave bands of mine too!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:07 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3
I feel honored to be among such esteemed rockers. Diversity is my thing. One minute I'm blowing up my speakers with Accept, the next I'm grooving to ZZ Top. Thanks for the welcome.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Welcome dude
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:11 am

11razorwire wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:Welcome Razorwire!!! You have GREAT taste in music! Love your diversity!!!

Metal 3 Metal 3 Metal 3
I feel honored to be among such esteemed rockers. Diversity is my thing. One minute I'm blowing up my speakers with Accept, the next I'm grooving to ZZ Top. Thanks for the welcome.

Diversity is my thing too and there are a lot of people here also who are very diverse! Glad you have found us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 pm

11razorwire wrote:Beartooth
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome dude Cool

we will get along fine Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
11razorwire wrote:Beartooth
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome dude Cool

we will get along fine Very Happy

Haha nice! Now you got somebody to talk 'Metalcore' with!!!

Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:13 am

Copying RW:

Name: Mike (and I live in Fla {Florida})

I'm 44, 3 kids, 22, 14 and 6. Married 21 years.

Favorite Musical Genres: Classic Rock, 80's music, just about anything that isn't nu metal, country or rap. When it comes to Christian music I only enjoy 80's Christian Metal or music that sounds like that era. I am not very interested in new music at all unless it is something that sounds classic. 

Born in Pontiac, Michigan, moved to Knoxville, TN when I was 10. Consider Knoxville home now. Graduated from The University of Tennessee (wife did too, we met at UT) and we are VOL Fans. Moved to Florida in 2000. 

I first got into rock and metal thru my older brothers (I am the youngest of 5). I was exposed to Hendrix, Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Bad Company and the like at a very early age when all of that stuff was somewhat still considered new (and Jimi was releasing albums in the mid 70's after his death). As time went on I discovered Judas Priest, Maiden and all types of hair metal... Love it all, discovered Stryper's Reason For The Season EP vinyl around Christmas of 85 or so. Hooked on them ever since and started looking for more bands like that. Found Saint, Messiah Prophet, Bloodgood, etc. Pretty much everyone on Pure Metal Records or Intense.

Favorite band: Styx

Favorite Food: Depends but today I would say Mexican, maybe Chinese tomorrow. Always depends.

I'm a Democrat, and yes I am Christian (there is such a thing as a Christian Democrat I am surrounded by them at work and at home). 

I love Jesus! He is my savior! I am a Methodist but grew up in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church

Hobbies: Vinyl records, outdoors, camping and hiking (which I haven't had time to do in ages and haven't hiked since moving out of the Smoky Mountains).

I used to be a DJ in Classic Rock Radio. Started in Christian Radio in 1989 then in 1991 went to a Top 40 station. 1995 got hired by a country station when I graduated from UT. Moved again in 1997 to Missouri and worked at a Classic Rocker. Moved in 2000 to Panama City, FL to take over programming duties at a Classic Rock station. "Retired" from radio in 2005 and now work as a Chemist in a lab at a paper mill. Totally burned out on radio in 2005 and haven't even listened to it since. I hate terrestrial radio.

Here we are last winter at Ralphie's House in Cleveland, OH.

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread Rsz_house951b

And here we are at Hoover Dam last summer during our cross country road trip:

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread IpodSept208e74

Edit: Oh yeah, I have been here a long time. Was on Firestream then when that forum changed (I think to a gaming forum) I went to the CMR. CMR was hacked and then I came to this version. So I have been around for a while.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:17 am

Adam wrote:
As Spock would say "fascinating". Because it really takes guts to approach strangers and profess your faith, I just don't think I have the talent for such things (or even approaching strangers about anything). 

I will say this: I can speak to a crowd of over 8,000 people. But I have trouble talking to one or two that I do not know. Strange I know, but in the radio business I had chances to introduce bands and appear on stage. That was never a problem and I have never had a problem talking about Jesus in front of large groups. But give me less than 5 people and I will clam up. 

Oh, and I love discogs, such a cool site but I do not have all of my stuff listed.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:05 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Adam wrote:
As Spock would say "fascinating". Because it really takes guts to approach strangers and profess your faith, I just don't think I have the talent for such things (or even approaching strangers about anything). 

I will say this: I can speak to a crowd of over 8,000 people. But I have trouble talking to one or two that I do not know. Strange I know, but in the radio business I had chances to introduce bands and appear on stage. That was never a problem and I have never had a problem talking about Jesus in front of large groups. But give me less than 5 people and I will clam up. 

Oh, and I love discogs, such a cool site but I do not have all of my stuff listed.

I've learned it takes even more guts to approach a brother about sin or to be approached by a brother about sin. That's where Christian living gets real.

And regarding Discogs, if you ever need any help, just ask. I'd like to friend you there. Could you post your username or send it to me in a private message?

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 pm

User name is MikeInFla

I  haven't updated it in a while, and when I do update it I am not actually looking at my collection. It is normally an "oh yeah" moment when I remember I have something.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Time to introduce myself too Smile

Name: Marine, from south of France

I'm 23, single.

Favorite Musical Genres: Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Hard/Metal/Death/core, Grind, Doom Metal, Unblack, Rap, Rock, Punk, Electro. I'm listening secular and Christian music because as RavenWolf, musical quality isn't still present in Christian scene.

Hobbies: Music, books, movies

Born in Catholic familly, i'm today more close to Lutherans.

Actually student at AMU university, i also make review for a Metalcore webzine and articles against hoax on the internet.

Anything else? Ah, for news users: my username means watermelon ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next