The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump vs Carson on religion ?

+13
Kerrick
MikeInFla
Samson
WildWorld
exo
ThomasEversole
Grindboy
messiaen77
d@v!d
alldatndensum
Peter who was Vaak
Hardcore Christian
sentient 6
17 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Trump vs Carson on religion ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Trump vs Carson on religion ?

Post by sentient 6 Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:51 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Without going into a long Bible study, you are taking those verses (Luke 16:10, Matt 25:23) out of context from the overall teaching of Jesus. Ironically, the rest of Luke 16:10 says: "But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities." I think Trump has been dishonest with little things. Wink

I would like to add something, but I want to respect kerricks wishes...but..

....amen !
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Heres something that will put things into perspective when looking at Carsons lack of " political " experience. I believe I would be correct in saying that the Founders never envisioned the political monster and career politicians that we see today. I believe they wanted a system were normal citizens would run for leadership in gov, serve their country....and move on. I do not believe they would approve of this vast political machine that we have today. And I would dare to say that Mr Carson would be just the right kind of guy the Founders would approve of.

If we look at their original intentions, and then look at what we have in place now, Carson would be the closest to a canadate most embodied to their founding vision.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 am

I wish they would leave religion out of the election..i could care less what religion someone is..I believe in separation of church and state..I am more interested in what the government is going to do about immigration, border control, taxes and ISIS...

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:05 am

Savage Amusement wrote:I wish they would leave religion out of the election..i could care less what religion someone is..I believe in separation of church and state..I am more interested in what the government is going to do about immigration, border control, taxes and ISIS...
Religious people are out to get you. Look out! Welcome back!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:53 am

Savage Amusement wrote:I wish they would leave religion out of the election..i could care less what religion someone is..I believe in separation of church and state..I am more interested in what the government is going to do about immigration, border control, taxes and ISIS...

what if the next president ended up being an ISIS sympathizer? to me its very important in an election it kind of gauges the person's moral character (if any exists)

I dont like either canadate but I respect Trump's over the top outside the box approach. I dont agree with most of it but I respect that he has the kahonies to do it. I was telling Ravenwolf that the Oval Office needs some new blood. fresh ideas and not another Clinton, Bush, etc in the whitehouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 pm

what if the next president ended up being an ISIS sympathizer?
then he/she would be a traitor..ISIS is the enemy because they have openly killed American citizens and declared war on the USA and its allies...(They are not the enemy because of their religion)

to me its very important in an election it kind of gauges the person's moral character (if any exists)
a persons religion does not gauge their morality or moral character...There are plenty of Jews, Atheist, Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Wiccans, Satanist and homosexuals out there who have a high and wholesome moral character...a persons religion should not play a part in their presidential decisions...their decisions and policy should be based on 2 things..The Constitution and the betterment and protection of the American people...not their religion.
I agree however we need new blood in the oval office (and in the house and senate) but so far I dont see anyone worth my vote..(for the record I am a registered Independent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm

what if the next president ended up being an ISIS sympathizer?
then he/she would be a traitor..ISIS is the enemy because they have openly killed American citizens and declared war on the USA and its allies...(They are not the enemy because of their religion)

I know what ISIS is no need to explain it to me, my point is, while Religon is important to a degree, I mean Id like to know if the future president is an extremeist whether it be ISIS (still think of the show archer), KKK, etc....

Your right a religion does not dictate a person's moral character however a devout follower would want to show the best their religion has to offer. I also did not suggest that their religion dictate their decision.  I dont see any real canidates worth my energy, time or vote. And until we get some new blood this system will further decay and rot and itll take the American people with it

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:44 pm

Well, my original intention was to point out how ridiculous Trump was sounding. Everyone thinks he is the " anti " politician, but he was play'n politics with Carson when trying to marginalize his beliefs. Plus his whole " i'm Presbyterian " was such a fake religious play.

But I have no problem with a candidate telling us what drives their morality and world view.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:.I believe in separation of church and state..I am more interested in what the government is going to do about immigration, border control, taxes and ISIS...

But we should never desire that our Gov views itself separated from God.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 pm

If a government tries to superimpose religious views on the people, then it needs to be stopped by voting against it. I think that is the best way to look at it. By the way, this includes any governmental views.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:21 pm

If a government tries to superimpose religious views on the people, then it needs to be stopped by voting against it. I think that is the best way to look at it. By the way, this includes any governmental views.
Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:57 pm

I actually kind of like Trump to be honest. However, I do not agree with him enough to vote for him! But if I was forced to vote Republican - I'd vote for Trump out of him or Carson - or Bush or anyone else for that matter.

I'm actually a Libertarian, but I lean to the left. So I usually vote Democrat and I'm sure I'll probably end up voting for Hillary just like I voted for Obama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:00 pm

I like Trumps out of the box thinking we've had politicans run the nation lets have a businessman do it. See how he does though id opt for Perot than Trump to be honest.

According to that quiz Ravenwolf Im Libertarian too but right down the center

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6