The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior

+8
eatbugs
My Awesome Timothy
alldatndensum
force perspective
Marcus Moore
Soldier777
bjorn agin
Bill Roxx
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior Empty CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior

Post by Bill Roxx Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Roxx Records wants to put the vinyl reissues out faster and we think we can, but we need your help!
The vinyl market is booming, classic reissues, and brand new vinyl alike are everywhere these days, and being open and honest it can be very cost prohibitive. In addition Vinyl record plants are also citing long delays in pressing your vinyl projects! In some cases for indie labels it can take up to 6 months to get your product out to market once you submit it for pressing!

Roxx Records has been slowly churning them out, already pressing such classics as Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Mortification and more! Currently being pressed we have Recon and Ultimatum both of which we are currently awaiting delivery on!   But we are hearing your requests and demands and we want to oblige you and bring you more and bring it faster! So we need your help! 

Roxx Records in conjunction with Meis Music Group are preparing to bring you the first in a series of classic Intense Records reissues! 
Up first we have the debut album from Angelica! Angelica is a project of Canadian born guitarist Dennis Cameron, who recorded a pair of demo tapes under the Angelica name. Later he faced the option to either join Holy Soldier or Bloodgood or to sign with Intense Records. Dennis chose the latter and released four albums on the label, including this one, the band's self titled debut release in 1989 which also was the only album to feature the vocal talents of Rob Rock of Impellitteri fame and a guest appearance and co-producer credit for Ken Tamplin.

Angelica is set to be released in a Limited Edition Pressing of 300 copies on vinyl, with the first 100 only being a special (yet to be determined) color variation and 200 on black vinyl with all the original tracks being fully remastered for vinyl. As well it will be released on CD in a one time Limited Edition pressing of only 300 copies fully remastered and restored with additional bonus tracks working in conjunction with the and only Dennis Cameron to bring you a truly collectible archive of the debut Angelica release.
Second we have the one and only debut from Southern California’s very own Deliverance! Deliverance first appeared on the metal compilation project called California Metal. In its early days, the speed metal band was often compared to mainstream counterpart Metallica, although the group experimented with several different metal styles over the years. Signed to Frontline Records in 1989, the band released its self titled debut and garnered instant attention in Christian metal circles, the album was also produced by Bill Metoyer. 

Deliverance is set to be released in a Limited Edition Pressing of 300 copies on vinyl, with the first 100 only being a special (yet to be determined) color variation and 200 on black vinyl with all the original tracks being fully remastered for vinyl. As well it will be released on CD in a one time Limited Edition pressing of only 300 copies fully remastered and restored with additional bonus tracks working in conjunction with Jimmy P Brown II to bring you a truly collectible archive of the debut Deliverance release.

For our third and final release we have the sophomore release from Sacred Warrior! Many Christian metal musicians began playing secular music and finding faith along the way. And as is often the case, these new Christians wanted to express their newfound faith through their music. Such was the case for Chicago based Sacred Warrior. The newly formed group decided upon the name Sacred Warrior because it reflected not only that their commitment to Christ is sacred, but that as warriors they needed to put on the armor of God and prepare themselves for battle on a daily basis. Sacred Warrior signed with Intense Records in 1987 and recorded four albums with the label. Their debut release entitled Rebellion which was recently remastered and reissued in 2010 through Intense Millennium Records and this their second release from 1989 entitled Master’s Command is now going to go through the same remaster and reissue treatment.

Master’s Command is set to be released in a Limited Edition Pressing of 300 copies on vinyl, with the first 100 only being a special (yet to be determined) color variation and 200 on black vinyl with all the original tracks being fully remastered for vinyl. As well it will be released on CD in a one time Limited Edition pressing of only 300 copies fully remastered and restored by Steve Watkins of Sacred Warrior himself.

There you have it, our goal is to get all three of these 1989 reissues off to the presses once this campaign is funded and then turn around and do 3 more! And then keep them coming as long as you the fans can help us support this venture! Thank you all for your past support and help us spread the word to achieve this goal!

To view the campaign: URL: http://igg.me/at/roxxrecords
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior Empty Re: CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Rockin Loud Rockin Loud Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior Empty Re: CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior

Post by bjorn agin Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:31 am

Awesome news! Too bad I don't do vinyl.  Smile   It's cool to see that Dennis Cameron has signed off on the Angelica release. Things have been kind of quiet from the Angelica camp haven't they? It'd be cool to have bonus tracks on the CD reissue.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:58 am

A couple of questions:
1. Are the bonus tracks old demos?
2. There was no mention of Master's Command having bonus tracks. Can someone confirm?

I always felt the Angelica debut needed a proper rerecord. Hopefully this will do it justice as I am a fan of both Dennis Cameron and Rob Rock. I will be getting this even though I have the original Intense Records version of this and all the other Angelica releases on cd. I may get the Sacred Warrior one - the recording for Master's was quite good and I have the Intense Records versions of this and their other albums on cd. The Deliverance rerecord was unnecessary as this was rerecord in 2008 and I have that version on  Intense Milennium and I find it quite good. They are coming out with 3 more and hopefully these will be one that are from albums that need to be done and not albums that were rerecord within the past decade - these don't need to be rerecord again.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:26 am

I want the vinyl! all three, lol, Hey bill.. will the vinyl come with download codes?
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Hopefully this may result in another Dennis Cameron's Angelica release with Rob Rock on vocals.  Rob is committed to touring with Impelliteri for the next several months but after that, who knows.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Bill, I have the original demos with Andy Lyon on vocals.
I remastered them for optimal sound quality. Unless Dennis has better quality, you can use my remasters.

Sign me up for the CD pre-order!
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:50 pm

I'd love the Angelica CD and wouldn't mind the Sacred Warrior remastered as well.  I might have to get in on those two.  Perhaps Bill could give us an option for pick two of the three?  I know you can add rewards to the fundraiser.  I'd definitely do a pick two choice!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Guys, we're off to a great start, thank you! 

OK, let me attempt to answer these the best I can. Maybe everyone can help me point people to this thread when they ask on facebook some of these...

Angelica CD WILL have some bonus tracks yet, but it is not finalized. Dennis has been really cool to work with and open to suggestions so still working on it. 

Deliverance CD should have bonus tracks on it, but still need to confirm with Jimmy if this gets fully funded. Hoping for at least Cal Metal tracks or greetings of death demo.

Sacred Warrior will stay true to the original release. 

Vinyl downloads, we are hoping to do this but not quite finalized. Still waiting to see if we hit the goal! 

Also not familiar with indie go go that much, have to see if I can update once it is launched.

Force - Yes Yes I would love to hear the demos and see what we can do with them. I had been looking for them. 

Did I get everything?
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm

You answered my questions Bill. Basically, the bonus tracks will depend on funding and the artist involved as to whether they wand to pull some tunes from the archives and fix it up to make it sound better or put a band together to create new songs. I'm hoping that Rob and Dennis will do some new tracks. Thanks for the info Bill.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Would love to hear 'Deliverance - Learn' album remastered and put out on vinyl.  Love that album!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:33 pm

I plan on getting Angelica to replace my old cassette with a CD.

Bonus tracks or no, I already have the originals of the other two so I'll pass (sounds like I already have the potential Deliverance bonus tracks anyway).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:25 pm

If this goes well I think another will get started with the last 2 VR alsums and Deliverance Learn!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:21 am

Incidentally, does Dennis have a Facebook page or something? There's Denniscameron.com, but that's just an empty shell from 2010.

By the way, I went searching on FB for Dennis and up popped this gem of a picture from Ted Kirkpatrick's page from 1/14/2011

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior Tedjim10
(top to bottom - Ted, Lanny Cordola, Dennis Cameron, and Jimmy Brown)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 am

bjorn agin wrote:Incidentally, does Dennis have a Facebook page or something? There's Denniscameron.com, but that's just an empty shell from 2010.

By the way, I went searching on FB for Dennis and up popped this gem of a picture from Ted Kirkpatrick's page from 1/14/2011

CMR Sneak Peak: Angelica , Deliverance and Sacred Warrior Tedjim10
(top to bottom - Ted, Lanny Cordola, Dennis Cameron, and Jimmy Brown)

The amount of talent in this picture is stunning!
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:37 am

No he is not on facebook or social media
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 am

We started out with a bang! Really can use a lot of help with this one people! I really want to make this one a reality! Please help us share this thing all over the place! Thanks guys
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:41 am

Bill, for Angelica it would be awesome to have their demo stuff and/or unreleased songs. For the love of all things holy....please!!!

I ain't to proud to beg!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:01 am

I have never contributed to a campaign before (Kickstarter or otherwise). I might take my chances and wait it out for the actual pressings before committing. But I might just have to break down and help out. Will give it some serious thought.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 am

I will also add that these pressing plants are fantastic and do good work. All of them have vintage equipment that has been upgraded and maintained. There are probably less than a dozen pressing plants in the US and all of them are backed up with orders. I assume these vinyl reissues will be pressed by Rainbo Records. They have pressed records for Led Zeppelin, John Lennon, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Redd Foxx, Stryper, Kenny Rogers and more. Read about them here: Rainbo Records Website
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kethdredd Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:24 am

I normally don't do preorders either but if we want to see it happen, it has to get funded and I know Roxx will come through with a great product.  I opted for all 3 colored vinyl.

kethdredd
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 am

Well, I don't like Deliverance, so I am not pledging for that one. 

I like Master's Command, but it isn't one of my favorites. I have the original CD and rarely listen to it, so without any enticing extras, I will probably pass on it, also.

That leaves the Angelica s/t. I am a Rob Rock fan, not an Angelica fan. I like the s/t and I do have the original CD, though again, I rarely listen to it. I also have some Angelica demos that were put out before the s/t release.

That being said, I would still possibly pledge for the Angelica cd once it is known what the bonus tracks are.

Last edited by He Already Left on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 am

Id love to get the first Angelica album on CD

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:40 am

I will prob pledge for Deliverance vinyl, just waiting a few days to think about it. I have the blue "Weapons" vinyl and I actually like the debut better so I don't know what I am waiting on (possibly funds, 2 of my kids have birthdays next week. Their b-days are 2 days apart).

Question for those who have already contributed: Did you get billed instantly or does it not bill you until it is fully funded?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kethdredd Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:57 am

You get billed instantly, you get a refund if its not fully funded.

kethdredd
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next