The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED*

+5
buddypng
alldatndensum
Grindboy
Tobi Elektrik
ThomasEversole
9 posters

Go down

*RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED* Empty *RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED*

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:10 am

UPDATE: Pal and I got this resolved.  It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, but at least he's not fraudulent or dishonest.  

I'd like to preface by say, I really hate doing this sort of thing.  No one likes to bring this sort of news to the scene, but I think its necessary to warn those who may do business with this store, as they've shown to be deliberately delinquent with me.

I have been trying to close a transaction with Nordic Mission since EARLY JUNE, requesting that they either pay me for (or send back the unsold copies) of an album I sent to them 4 YEARS AGO.  (I've contacted a few other stores I had to close a transaction with, and there was always correspondence back and resolution.)

While 5 CDs / $30 isn't that big of a literal loss, the principle and the virtues involved still give it plenty of weight in my book.

I've sent multiple e-mails to them, again for over 2 months, and he has not responded.  A good friend of mine who runs a label in Germany mentioned my discrepancy to them, and they responded to him in a day, telling me to contact him at a specific e-mail address...  I responded shortly to that e-mail and its been over a week and counting, with no response.

I messaged Nordic Mission on Facebook, even gave a review of the business (which wasn't very high considering this experience) and they deleted my message and review!!!  I didn't know what else to do, so I filed a claim with ecommerce.gov and IC3.  I've talked to some of the Nordic Mission friends and they say he's not responding because he just got married several months ago.  (he still posts regularly on Facebook though!  I just got married myself and I'm not too busy to pay my project debts!)

Most customers have good experiences with his store, but correspondence isn't necessary for orders, especially if there's no issue.  I can't in good conscience think that if someone does have an issue with an order (ie: gets lost or damaged in the mail) that he would even RESPOND to take care of it.  He's not responding to take care of me!

...unless he just takes care of customer but doesn't respond to artists he owes money/product to!  Again, I just want to warn everyone here regarding this store and their avoidance to compensate artists.  I know some people think I should just let this sort of thing go, but as God's people, we stand on our feet - we don't crawl before anyone.  The least I can do is continue on to get this resolved, and caution others who may deal with Nordic Mission.  I wouldn't want anyone else to experience what I have!

Thank you for your time,

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

*RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED* Empty Re: *RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED*

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09 am

Have you checked your spam folder to make sure his replies are not being directed to it? 

Not saying they are, but I have seen many disagreements in the past escalate just because someone's email was being thrown into the junk folder and no one caught it til it was too late.

You also may want to try and send from a different email account just to see if he responds. It is also possible your emails are going into his spam folder.

GMail accounts and Live.com accounts are a free and quick way to get another email addy.

Back to top Go down

*RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED* Empty Re: *RESOLVED* Warning about a Fraudulent Christian Metal Store (Nordic Mission) *RESOLVED*

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Thanks for the input.  A few things though.

Years ago, we've actually talked back and forth via the e-mail I'm e-mailing him from so... I certainly didn't mark him/his e-mail address as Spam.  ...and I always check new Spam (to see if its keep or delete worthy)

If he marked my e-mail for his spam, that only fits with the deliberate/negligent avoidance of resolving this issue.  

I would also like to mention that I've also tried to contact him other ways besides e-mail.  

- I've used the contact form on the Nordic Mission website.
 - I've left posts on the Nordic Mission facebook page.  (which again, he or someone else deleted)
 - I've posted about it on the Official Nordic Mission forum (which I don't think he's been to in years, but others have commented)

...its not like I couldn't reach him in a week through all these methods and then "went public".  ITS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS of REPEATEDLY trying to reach him.

As far as I'm concerned, he's had enough time (and sheets) to make his bed.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:32 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Thanks for the input.  A few things though.

Years ago, we've actually talked back and forth via the e-mail I'm e-mailing him from so... I certainly didn't mark him/his e-mail address as Spam.  ...and I always check new Spam (to see if its keep or delete worthy)

If he marked my e-mail for his spam, that only fits with the deliberate/negligent avoidance of resolving this issue.  

I would also like to mention that I've also tried to contact him other ways besides e-mail.  

- I've used the contact form on the Nordic Mission website.
 - I've left posts on the Nordic Mission facebook page.  (which again, he or someone else deleted)
 - I've posted about it on the Official Nordic Mission forum (which I don't think he's been to in years, but others have commented)

...its not like I couldn't reach him in a week through all these methods and then "went public".  ITS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS of REPEATEDLY trying to reach him.

As far as I'm concerned, he's had enough time (and sheets) to make his bed.

Definitely sounds like you have done your due diligence

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Since I never heard about issues with Nordic Mission and had only good experiences I have no doubt that Pål is an honest and trustworthy person. That's why I perceive this topic's headline as a bit too drastic. But on the other hand I totally understand that it's not very cool to feel like talking to a wall.
So all I can give as an advice is: some MORE patience. I'm sure he will get back to you somehow.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:43 am

I would disagree with "more patience".  Where's the cutoff? 1 year?  20 years?  If someone doesn't contact in, I'd average 2 weeks, its very slim that they'll contact at all.

I FINALLY heard from Pal.  The initial e-mail REALLY rubbed me the wrong way because he initially asked "Why didn't you just e-mail me?" (uh, its not posted anywhere?) and he KNEW the contact form didn't work.  (but he still left it up?)

The second e-mail from him clarified a few more things. I certainly feel better about it, and he didn't blame me for "warning other people" about what happened. He apologized for it.

- The contact form on their site works on the Norwegian site, but not he English one.
- He didn't realize that he didn't have his "frisurf" e-mail posted anywhere (at least posted on the English site)
- He doesn't make changes to his website himself, and has been having problems with "the company" that does their web stuff

Those points really made sense of everything. He did say something that I disagree with.  He doesn't think that he can compete with the US's efficiency of contact. He didn't say he doesn't try, but it makes me wonder.

I'd like to think that I was a reasonable person and I'm slow to anger.  ...but I'll admit, I was pretty heated until I got some answers.  Ultimately, it was never about $30 or 5 CDs, the negligent experience upset me more than anything.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 am

It seems like they've had a reputation of being extremely slow to communicate for at least a decade, which of course can be hugely frustrating.  I dealt with them only once (because why bother with overseas if you don't have to) many years ago, but it was fine. 

Now DMD, of course like probably many of us, still owes me about 5 cd's.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:06 pm

I never had problems with DMD but know several folks who did.

I've had issues with Girder before and recently had to wait two months for discs I ordered from them.  I only got them AFTER I filed a complaint through PayPal.  That got the ball rolling and I finally received my stuff.  I doubt I will order there again unless they have something that I cannot get anywhere else.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:42 pm

I feel fortunate that James Mattern "only" owes me $30.  I've talked to quite a few people who he owes HUNDREDS of dollars to.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by buddypng Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:29 am

HAH that dude ripped me off back in the 90's, wrote me a bad check.

buddypng
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:56 am

A little piece of advice; write a separate thread with complaints about DMD or change thread title to Christian metal stores in general. People just scrolling through might think all the comments pertain to Nordic Mission, which is not fair.
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Paul will get you paid, I've waited up to 6 months for payment, but he is an honest guy and I highly recommend them for CD sales and purchase.
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I never had problems with DMD but know several folks who did.

I've had issues with Girder before and recently had to wait two months for discs I ordered from them.  I only got them AFTER I filed a complaint through PayPal.  That got the ball rolling and I finally received my stuff.  I doubt I will order there again unless they have something that I cannot get anywhere else.
I stopped selling to them years ago.... or should I say, giving them free CD's.
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Rich, nice to see you make an appearance. I hope all is well is SAINT land.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I never had problems with DMD but know several folks who did.

Girder owes me HUNDREDS of dollars for merch he sold on consignment.  Been waiting YEARS for payment.  Nothing but empty promises and lies from him.  Sad thing is, I've talked to other labels who are also waiting for payment, several are owed thousands of dollars, so I guess I'm lucky he only stole a few hundred from me!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down