The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission

+9
mothy
average joe
TZ75
Raegoul
Hardcore Christian
Frozen Fire
Temple of Blood
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission Empty Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:11 pm

I got a Nordic Mission newsletter email stating that they will be re-releasing Living Sacrifice's self-titled album on both vinyl and CD in celebration of its 30th anniversary. Pre-orders are up on March 1st and the release date is April 23rd.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead, BaleMaster and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission Empty Re: Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Nice! Such a great album. Still my favorite from them.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, TZ75, BaleMaster and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission Empty Re: Living Sacrifice s/t re-release on Nordic Mission

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Hopefully it's still affordable for u.s. customers.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

TZ75 and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Never owned it but will be excited to do so!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Still waiting on my pre-order from over a year ago from the band, looks like we will get both at the same time in April
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Anti_Babylon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 pm

True classic.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 am

One of the best Christian thrash albums! Not to mention the best Slayer riffs (not written by Slayer). 

Will this reissue finally get a remaster? Tooth & Nail didn’t bother. If there isn’t any bonus tracks or improved sound quality, I don’t have a reason to buy another one.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Cliffy remastered it several years ago. They should just contact him for his remaster.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:38 am

Yeah Im reading the release decription on their website and dont see anything about if its been remastered or remixed.

I have that Cliffy version and it blows the original out of the water. Not sure I need another copy.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:06 pm

No bonus tracks? 

They should at least add the pre-s/t demo “Not Yielding to Ungodly” to make it worth while.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:09 pm

TZ75 wrote:No bonus tracks? 

They should at least add the pre-s/t demo to make it worth while.
Yeah it would make it more attractive
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Cliffy doesn't give the original artists a single cent.  It's just theft, plain and simple.

I'll pick up the CD assuming it is a decent price.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Cliffy doesn't give the original artists a single cent.  It's just theft, plain and simple.

I'll pick up the CD assuming it is a decent price.
The copy I got (I guess I dont know if it was Cliffy) was redone and distributed free with full consent of DJ. Atleast thats what was stated. I bought this originally on release so I have given them money..
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:33 pm

I understand.

Pretty sure all his giveaways did not have artist consent.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I understand.

Pretty sure all his giveaways did not have artist consent.

And this whole issue has been well-hashed out here. Most of the artists he remasters don't even own their own music, so its not an issue of artist approval even. People really need to learn how much of the music we listen to here is NOT owned by the artist but some label or rights holding company.

He remastered then for his own purposes (which is legal under the law). He only gave copies to people that stated they owned the album (which gives them the right to remaster them, because that is technically what an EQ deck does). That is also a legal thing, because you can also tell people how to EQ their songs to sound better if you like.

He also gave bands the rights to use his remasters for reissues if they want. Accusing him of somehow stealing from bands is slander.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:45 pm

I saw Living Sacrifice last year on the Hasten Revelation tour and that accelerated my interest in their music. I've been partial to "Inhabit", but this re-release is making me go back and really listen to the S/T and it's growing on me a lot. DJ's voice seems like it was more suited to Thrash. Definitely some "Reign in Blood" and "Seasons in the Abyss" vibes.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead, mothy, TZ75, BaleMaster and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:55 am

Anyone know is this will be carried anywhere in the U.S.?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:02 am

Did anyone get this? If so, how does it sound? Remastered?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:36 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Anyone know is this will be carried anywhere in the U.S.?
Roxx, Girder, Walmart and Amazon all have copies.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:34 am

I LOVE it.

I couldn't tell you if it sounds better than the original because I never owned the original.

Definitely worth the money if you don't own a copy and love Christian thrash. No brainer.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:03 am

I just ordered a copy, although I still have my old solid state version. I wish it was remastered… I don’t see anything indicating it on the product description.
I really love this album! About as close as you can get to Slayer without being a cover band. That said, the vocals are not as good as Tom Araya, but that is a minor issue.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:14 am

I love to support quality Christian thrash! These days, it’s few and far between. Actually… it’s usually remastered reissues of old albums, like this and Sacrament. 

I wish some newer bands could make some albums that compare to those early 90s classics. It used to be exciting to discover a new band or an album that unexpectedly blows you away. I miss those days!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:18 am

This 2021 Re-Release _is _ remastered by Jeff Mortimer at JM Mastering.
I have bought a physical copy of this new version on both CD and LP including the T-shirt. Hopefully I thus supported the band.
The for no reason infamous Cliffy-remaster I also have a download of. To those of you who judge Cliffy and assume he didn't ask the band members for permission and consent: Think at least thrice next time before you post accusations again!

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:30 am

Haugtussen wrote:This 2021 Re-Release _is _ remastered by Jeff Mortimer at JM Mastering.
I have bought a physical copy of this new version on both CD and LP including the T-shirt. Hopefully I thus supported the band.
The for no reason infamous Cliffy-remaster I also have a download of. To those of you who judge Cliffy and assume he didn't ask the band members for permission and consent: Think at least thrice next time before you post accusations again!

I’m very pleased to know it was remastered! I have a physical copy arriving in the mail soon from Amazon. Where can I get the shirt? Is there a link?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Haugtussen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:32 am

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next