The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worldview has started sending out the orders!

+20
oldschooldoom
Candlemass
force perspective
Superjuice
Galations6.7
Professor_Valconian
Athanasius
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Hardcore Christian
messiaen77
d@v!d
Cybergrinder
metaldude
bjorn agin
Black Rider
Fundy
alldatndensum
deathisgain
Soldier777
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Worldview has started sending out the orders! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worldview has started sending out the orders!

Post by Black Rider Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am

Illusions of Love and Two Wonders are the standouts after about four listens but there are no duds. 
So is that quote saying Deliverance is still active?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Worldview has started sending out the orders! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worldview has started sending out the orders!

Post by metaldude Wed May 27, 2015 10:27 am

The Mirror is the first song that stood out to me.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Black Rider wrote:Illusions of Love and Two Wonders are the standouts after about four listens but there are no duds. 
Tell me, what quote? I don't mind spoilers...

My order didin't arrive yet... Sad

In january was announced that a new version of Weapons was going to be released this year to celebrate the 25h anniversary of the album and it would include a few redone tracks and maybe brand new tracks. But things have been too quiet recently and I don't know if this is going to be true, or if Deliverance will one day release a new album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Illusions of Love and Two Wonders are the standouts after about four listens but there are no duds. 

In january was announced that a new version of Weapons was going to be released this year to celebrate the 25h anniversary of the album and it would include a few redone tracks and maybe brand new tracks. But things have been too quiet recently and I don't know if this is going to be true, or if Deliverance will one day release a new album.

Re: Worldview has started sending out the orders!

Worldview has started sending out the orders! - Page 2 Empty by messiaen77 Yesterday at 7:38 pm

Soldier777 wrote:There is a cool interview with George Ochoa about Worldview here: http://angelicwarlord.com/interviews/georgeochoa15.html

"How could it not with Jim Chaffin (The Crucified) on drums, Victor Macias (Tourniquet) on bass and Jimmy and myself. This is the new Deliverance line up that is currently working together. "

Hey, what was that???

"How could it not with Jim Chaffin (The Crucified) on drums, Victor Macias (Tourniquet) on bass and Jimmy and myself. This is the new Deliverance line up that is currently working together."

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Just got it and listened to the first few tunes ...

This album has a professional production and talented vocalist ... but does it have any memorable guitar riffs whatsoever?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Just got it and listened to the first few tunes ...

This album has a professional production and talented vocalist ... but does it have any memorable guitar riffs whatsoever?
Truthfully its sound good but ya nothing that memorable

I havent found a single song that I can go back to and listen to individually
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Mine just arrived.  Waiting for it to upload to Google Play and I'll be one happy clam. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

S6/ ToB

Wow, really?

See,  I'm just the opposite... I really like the album a lot more than I thought I would.

I have several songs that I view as favorites that I will listen to again and again. Not a bad song on the entire album for my tastes.

Nice to hear that voice again.. Been far too long Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed May 27, 2015 4:44 pm

My review:

When it's prog, it's boring. When it's melodic, it's tremendous. I will say that the two songs released 2 years ago (Two Wonders and Last Cry) are my favorites.

UPDATE: okay, I have to mention The Chosen Few (title track)...this song is incredible. It is an emotional gut punch and presents the truth of the gospel as well as any metal song I've heard in years. Musically, it is also phenomenal.

Last edited by Follower of Jesus on Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed May 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Been listening to this a lot today at work.  Very, very pleased with my purchase.  My favorite songs are Mortality, Illusions of Love, The Mirror, Prisoner of Pain, Two Wonders, and The Last Cry.  Two Wonders is probably the best of these, but I'm not entirely sure.  Really, all the songs are good though - a very consistent record.  Love the sound of it in general - especially the middle-eastern vibe going in a lot of the songs.

That interview said they have five songs written for another record, which is great.  I'd love to hear more from these guys.

Temple of Blood wrote:This album has a professional production and talented vocalist ... but does it have any memorable guitar riffs whatsoever?

Hmmm....you have a point, I guess.  There's not a lot in the way of memorable guitar riffs, and it's not super catchy.  I find the most of the songs memorable nonetheless though.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:Hmmm....you have a point, I guess.  There's not a lot in the way of memorable guitar riffs, and it's not super catchy.
This is the reason its not my fave

It tough because I just got the new Haste The Day too

HTDs new album is so much more powerful

in vocals and guitars and choruses and breakdowns

Ik they are completely different genres but man im sorry i just cant get this out of my layer

Ive only listened to Worldview once tongue
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 7:52 am

Prisoner of Pain and Walk Through Fire have become probably my 2 favorite. Great guitar work, great vocals.

While not a big fan of in-depth reviews, this one did a good job of listing the guest appearances
http://www.themetalpriest.com/#!may/c10il

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu May 28, 2015 7:54 am

Really liking this album. At this point my one complaint is exactly what ToB pointed out (which occurred to me before he posted) ... lack of a distinctive lead guitar presence. If they kept all the same songs and layered in solos and just plain more lead guitar, they would have hit it out of the park.

I do love Rey's vocals. I think they are better on this album than on the Sacred Warrior stuff (which I like as well).

Maybe they could have borrowed some of the over-abundance of lead work from Impellitteri's latest album.

geek
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu May 28, 2015 8:18 am

I wasn't referring to the lead guitar.  I was talking about the rhythm guitar.

So far I can't remember a single rhythm guitar riff that has been played.  No distinct style or personality to the rhythm riffs at all.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 8:27 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Re: Worldview has started sending out the orders!

Worldview has started sending out the orders! - Page 2 Empty by messiaen77 Yesterday at 7:38 pm

Soldier777 wrote:There is a cool interview with George Ochoa about Worldview here: http://angelicwarlord.com/interviews/georgeochoa15.html

"How could it not with Jim Chaffin (The Crucified) on drums, Victor Macias (Tourniquet) on bass and Jimmy and myself. This is the new Deliverance line up that is currently working together. "

Hey, what was that???

"How could it not with Jim Chaffin (The Crucified) on drums, Victor Macias (Tourniquet) on bass and Jimmy and myself. This is the new Deliverance line up that is currently working together."
Oh, I see it now. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

No problem, Thiago Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu May 28, 2015 9:24 am

I have to say that I love a great riff. It's one of my top things when it comes to music, but if that is all you are looking for in the album, then you might be missing the point. Almost every song has a catchy chorus, which is the hook to this. All around this is a really tight well produced album. It'll stand the test of time.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu May 28, 2015 9:48 am

Temple of Blood wrote:I wasn't referring to the lead guitar.  I was talking about the rhythm guitar.

So far I can't remember a single rhythm guitar riff that has been played.  No distinct style or personality to the rhythm riffs at all.
Thanks for clarifying.

I do think that the lead guitar work, while not bad, is not as prominent or memorable as it could be. I also think the song structures, vocals and production are top notch. This will get many spins in my player.

A lack of blistering leads by no means ruins it for me, but would have been appreciated.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 am

deathisgain wrote:I have to say that I love a great riff. It's one of my top things when it comes to music, but if that is all you are looking for in the album, then you might be missing the point. Almost every song has a catchy chorus, which is the hook to this. All around this is a really tight well produced album. It'll stand the test of time.

Agree.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu May 28, 2015 11:12 am

Personally, I think it's one of the best releases in the last few years. I'm also like Necroblation and Allos also.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri May 29, 2015 7:15 am

I admit that I was initially disappointed that we didn't get to hear more solos from George, but I realized this isn't that kind of album and absolutely love it.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 29, 2015 8:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:I preordered mine through Amazon and received it this afternoon.  I plan on giving it a listen while working on another 3 string guitar.
Gets me to thinking you should make a dual neck version so you can have 6 strings. No, really!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 am

d@v!d wrote:Ordered from Roxx. I'm hoping by the end of the week...
Looks like mine is coming on Saturday...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

Soldier777 wrote:There is a cool interview with George Ochoa about Worldview here: http://angelicwarlord.com/interviews/georgeochoa15.html
Had no idea Vett Roberts and Roy Z were in the same band once.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

I received mine in the mail today. I like the artwork/packaging - very professional. I sampled the album at the beginning of each song for a few seconds and it sounds good. I'll try to listen to it the weekend. I'm looking forward to the George Ochoa/Jimmy Brown version of a new Deliverance album.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat May 30, 2015 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next