The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

+18
messiaen77
Blake
Jessrox
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
ramreb
exact33
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Friday13th
Candlemass
cliffenstein
d@v!d
Kerrick
Pershing1134
metaldude
sentient 6
Professor_Valconian
Staybrite
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions - Page 2 Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I didn't care for it all that much. The songs are indistinguishable from one another. And dare I say it...Rob's voice is getting old to me. He sounds the same on every song. That's why I loved the song "Move On" from the Holy Hell album...he actually just sang. I wish there was more of that. This isn't a bad album at all, but it just doesn't hold my interest very long at all.

Angry Slap
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions - Page 2 Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by sentient 6 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
ROb Rock voice's is always connected to the word "exagerated" as well as Impellitteri solos. The point is: They CAN exagerate...That is what is good about Impellitteri. Without Rob Rock's screams and the thousand notes per sec. the Impellitteri plays, what is special about the band? Nothing!

Guitar in that regard is great !

.....vocals.....not so much.

I realize this is a real nit-picky thing on my part, and not many will agree.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Any thoughts about the song Holding On? I loved it, it is certainly the best of the album, and certainly one of the top 5 from the band ever!!!

The drummer work was simply awesome on this song!

Holding On is absolutely a great song...love it

For me, one of the the signs of a good album is that every time I listen to it I get a new favorite....

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Did anyone notice how The Garden of Eden is similar to the King is Rising? Chris basically ripped off himself. Laughing

Garden of Eden reminds me of Mean Streak by Y&T.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 am

This whole album is freakin smoking! From Bumper to bumper! Best Impelleteri album hands down. Not a bad tune on it. I wish it a had a couple of more songs. It's kinda short at 35 min. but I love songs that are only three to 4 1/2 min long.. I get burnt on anything over that. This is a hot metal cd! AWESOME!!!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 9:41 am

First Impressions? This is a great album that has nothing to do with Christianity...

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 am

savage amusement wrote:This is a great album that has nothing to do with Christianity...

It isn't the most evangelical album out there, but you can't say "nothing". Did you miss "Jehovah"?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 am

savage amusement wrote:First Impressions? This is a great album that has nothing to do with Christianity...

I agree, although I do listen to them. I didnt check out Wicked Maiden though, nor will I be getting this one either.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 11:01 am

metaldude wrote:
savage amusement wrote:This is a great album that has nothing to do with Christianity...

It isn't the most evangelical album out there, but you can't say "nothing". Did you miss "Jehovah"?
Well, Impellitteri has never called themselves a christian band. You can see their faith through a few spare songs in their albums.

I didn't pay attention to the lyrics in this album, yet, but you could probably say the same things from Wicked Maiden album, even though all the themes looked to be shared from a christian point of view. The songs I mean are: Wicked Maiden, Last of a Dying Breed, Weapons of Mass Distortion, Wonderful Life...

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue May 12, 2015 11:55 am

It's the "catch 22" of being a Christian musician. If you sing only "Jesus saves" themes then you are narrow and unoriginal in the minds of the critical. If you sing anything else they will say you are vague or cryptic and not bold enough with your faith. It's no wonder some bands don't like the "tag" anymore.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 12:46 pm

just because someone is a christian and a musician doesn't make them a christian musician..like already mentioned this band doesn't call itself a christian band and I had a chance to talk to Rob Rock a year ago and he told me he is not a christian musician nor does he make christian albums but he is a christian (you might say he sees it like Michael Sweet is seeing it)...this thread was started in the christian music forum when it really belongs in the not christian forum..
/////////////////////////////
I actually like Impellitteri early albums with Graham Bonnet the best and consider them their best albums..I think Graham is better than Rob..although Rob is really good..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 pm

metaldude wrote:

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Jessrox wrote:This whole album is freakin smoking! From Bumper to bumper! Best Impelleteri album hands down. Not a bad tune on it. I wish it a had a couple of more songs. It's kinda short at 35 min. but I love songs that are only three to 4 1/2 min long.. I get burnt on anything over that. This is a hot metal cd! AWESOME!!!

Agree with everything you stated  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed May 13, 2015 5:34 am

savage amusement wrote:just because someone is a christian and a musician doesn't make them a christian musician..
Yes it does.

I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Very Happy
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 am

cliffenstein wrote:Even though Chris has the best singer fronting his band, the lyrics and vocals come across like they're just there so that Chris can have a reason to go crazy.  Also, many of the songs have VERY similar riffs and solos.  One could say the same about most of Malmsteen's catalog as well.

I wish guitar heroes were more willing to focus on the song instead of the guitar.  But...it is the way it is with these guys and I personally love it anyway.
My impressions exactly.  I was listening to it while doing some work around the house over the weekend and didn't realize my player was set to repeat.  About an hour and a half after starting I thought "man, this is the longest 10 song album I've ever heard."
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 am

I personally can easily tell each song apart...

With that being said, ALL power metal sounds similar. There are only so many different ways to play the same style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am

Actually, all the growling type metal sounds the same, too

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 am

messiaen77 wrote:
savage amusement wrote:just because someone is a christian and a musician doesn't make them a christian musician..
Yes it does.

I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Very Happy

This is the refraining to avoid threadlock version.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 am

I agree with m77

If you are a Christian and a musician.. Then yes.. You are a Christian musician.

That doesn't necessarily mean your music is classified as Christian though.

I am a Christian and an IT manager... I am a Christian IT manager. Doesn't mean that my work is Christian based though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 am

You could also say..

I am a white IT manager...
I am a male IT manager...
I am middle aged IT manager...

It's all the same thing as saying I am a Christian IT manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 6:13 pm

You know, at the first listen on every album there are a few songs that sounded the same. Then, after a few listenings, you start to get some similarities from song to song.

And as Messiah77 was doing some work on his house, he wasn't paying too much attention to the songs, I suppose.

Regarding the overrated topic christian music or christian musician, I repeat that most Impellitteri songs are based on a christian point of view. Just because the songs doesn't say "Jesus save me" word by word, doesn't mean that the music isn't christian. For instance, what would you say about economy? Would you say that we are living a recession and a growing unemployment and that the governants should have been concerned about it or would just say "Jesus, please save our economy"?

Is One of these comments more christian than another? Can you state that one of them is christian based on such a statement? I don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 6:17 pm

For instance, I would say that the album Stand in Line has nothing to do with christianity, as it has expressions such as "secret lover cover me".

WicKed Maiden and Venom both have smart lyrics with great critics based on christian overviews. Neither of these albums make any apology to drugs or casual sex or anything that the bible condemns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:20 pm

M77 wrote:Yes it does.
NoOneIsHere wrote:If you are a Christian and a musician.. Then yes.. You are a Christian musician.
I am a Christian and an IT manager... I am a Christian IT manager.
You could also say..

I am a white IT manager...
I am a male IT manager...
I am middle aged IT manager...

It's all the same thing as saying I am a Christian IT manager

Sorry guys, but that is the goofiest thing I ever heard. Rolf 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 2:28 am

SA,

Don't know why you think it is so goofy.

I was trying to show how personal details about a person often get used in conjunction with their line of work to describe them.

What is goofy is that someone who shows an obvious disdain for Christians still chooses to hang out in Christian music forums and trys to tell people what is Christian and what isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 14, 2015 2:39 am

What is goofy is that someone who shows an obvious disdain for Christians still chooses to hang out in Christian music forums and trys to tell people what is Christian and what isn't.

BAM!!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next