The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impressions about Whitecross new album

+5
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
Pethead
StevenCressler
Second Wind
9 posters

Go down

Give it a grade for Whitecross new album

Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap9%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap0%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap36%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap18%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap36%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_lcap0%Impressions about Whitecross new album I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Impressions about Whitecross new album Empty Impressions about Whitecross new album

Post by Second Wind Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

What do you think about this album? 

To me, it could be the album of the year, Really good work.
I've seen here some critics to the vocal work, But I enjoyed it. Rispy vocals, seems mandatory to the band.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Impressions about Whitecross new album Empty Re: Impressions about Whitecross new album

Post by StevenCressler Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm

8. It's a good album with, imo, the bands best hooks to date.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Impressions about Whitecross new album Empty Re: Impressions about Whitecross new album

Post by Pethead Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

I’ll toss it an 8, as well. Maybe an 8.5. It’s good stuff and one of the front runners for Christian AotY, along with LEAH.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:54 am

I give it a 6. With stronger vocals, it could easily be an 8 or 9.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:18 am

Probably a 7. The singer is fine but nothing too special.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:28 am

I like it a lot. I gave it an 8 but think it’s closer to 8.5-9. Great guitar solos.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:18 pm

It's about perfect for what it is, an easy end to end listen for me. I'm not super big on Whitecross but this stands well with their catalogue and I'm still coming back to it. They did a great job recapturing their sound with some positive innovations. Great songs, great production, solos, packaging. I'm still impressed. I gave it an 8.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 pm

I ranked it at 7, but I'd give it a 7.5 where there wasn't any half points. All the 8 rockers are good. There are 1 or 2 too many ballads but they are good except for the short last one.To me the first 3 are the best ones and this one rivals those. They move from the LA American Hard Rock to more of a New Wave of British or European Heavy Metal due to these influences on Rex's playing snd the lead singer. The lead singer reminds me of a mix of Dio and the current lead singer of Accept with a slight tad of David Coverdale.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm

Good Impressions so far. 
I give it a ten, as it is a comeback to the roots, I mean, I could totally see this coming out in the 80´s.
The production is really good, too and this is a huge aspect, as nowadays most of the bands are independently releasing their albums.

I can't see this getting any better. It has everything you would expect from a Whitecross album.
The singer does a great job IMHO.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Frozen Fire, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:06 am

I'm not really the best judge of this, since I'm only a fan of the first three albums and haven't liked anything from them since, nor do I really listen much to hair metal or 80s style hard rock anymore. 

That said, it's certainly highly competent and professional.  Not bad in any way.  The singer is good.  But very little on the album is interesting or distinctive to me, so I voted a 6.  None of the riffs or hooks hold a candle to their early stuff, IMO.

Favorite tracks were the Lion of Judah, 29000, and the ballad Blind Man.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down