The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

+18
messiaen77
Blake
Jessrox
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
ramreb
exact33
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Friday13th
Candlemass
cliffenstein
d@v!d
Kerrick
Pershing1134
metaldude
sentient 6
Professor_Valconian
Staybrite
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions - Page 3 Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 11:46 am

What is goofy is that someone who shows an obvious disdain for Christians still chooses to hang out in Christian music forums

I dont have a disdain for Christians..just certain ideas that some Christians have..I believe in Jesus

trys to tell people what is Christian and what isn't.
interesting..as I read down through the comments I wasn't the only one to say this album isnt christian..even the band says that they are not a christian band Laughing

was trying to show how personal details about a person often get used in conjunction with their line of work to describe them.
I have never used a persons religion to describe them at work or anywhere else..I have never met anyone who did that..in fact alot of company's would fire you for doing that. Just curious however..is that how you see your fellow employees..christian so and so  or Jewish so and so..so would you describe Blackie Lawless and Alice Cooper as Christian Musicians Shocked

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions - Page 3 Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:01 pm

SA, 

I never said you weren't a Christian or didn't believe in Jesus. I said you show a disdain for Christians. 

I also never said that Impellitteri was a Christian band, that isn't what my comment was about. My comment was clearly about the individual. So I have no idea what difference it makes what people said about Impellitteri being a Christian band or not.

And I have seen plenty of places that advertise that they are Christian. Plumbers, insurance agents, tow companies, etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:01 pm

That is not about pointing who is christian or who isn't. This is something that Christ condemn in the bible.

However, the bible also says that if you are christian, you've got to act as a christian. So, we do not judge who is and who isn't, though the attitudes show what you really are.

No matter if Impellitteri consider themselves a christian band or not. Michael Sweet says the same thing about Stryper, by the way, and we all consider Stryper a christian band.

Anyway, the lyrics on the last two Impellitteri albuns have been speaking a lot to my heart, even though most of them aren't clearly christian. And I enjoy them for being this way. When I want to hear straight forward christian messages, I go for Bloodgood, Letter 7, Whitecross There are plenty of options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Thiago,

Not sure which of us your comment was directed at.... So forgive me if I misinterpret it.

Rob Rock states that he is a Christian. I am not judging whether he is or not... He says he is.

My whole point was that since he is a Christian,  and he is a musician, that he is a Christian musician. I do not claim that Impellitteri is or isn't a Christian band...

You can be a Christian musician and not make music that is classified in the Christian genre (as long as it's not the opposite)

His solo stuff is clearly Christian themed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Rob Rock is christia and so is Chris...
my coment wasn't directed to someone, I actually meant that I guess the answer of this discussion is in a mid-point.

It is so normal to meet someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:47 pm

It is so normal to meet someone who is a christian even while doing their labour activities. So you can be a christian It Manager and I am a christian Design Engineer. I have heard this from people (non-christian co-workers) and I felt really well about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Awesome, Thiago..

Thanks for the explanation Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 pm

I went through the Impellitteri Venom CD last Saturday and there are 8 songs that stand out and the other 3 or 4 that are ok. Is this their best album? I don't know. I'm partial to Screaming Symphony and Answer to the Master as being their best albums.

I don't classify Impellitteri as a Christian band and even though I don't think Chris Impellitteri is a Christian, he leaves it up to the singer to write the lyrics. That's why Rob Rock is free to write about what ever he wants. I think Rob Rock is the only Christian in the group except when Ken Mary (who is a Christian) was the drummer in the band back in the 90's. Ken also played with Alice Cooper, House of Lords and Lanny Cordola's Christian band Magdalen. I am not sure of Chris Impellitteri's spiritual state but I know he was a Christian but I am not sure if he still is - only God knows. For me, the only Impellitteri albums I don't have is System X and Pedal to the Metal because of the swearing. You have to wonder if Rob had stayed with Impellitteri and not pursued a solo career when he did how the albums they would of been released after Crunch and before Wicked Maiden would of turned out.

I got into Impellitteri through Rob Rock. I heard of him then I bought the Angelica debut on cassette back in 1989/90. I wasn't until about 10-15 years ago that I did some research on Rob Rock that he was the same guy that sang on the MARS Project Driver album, Joshua Intense Defense, Driver, Impellitteri, etc. Rob is one of my favorite singers and I have around 22 albums that he sang on: solo, MARS Project Driver, Joshua Intense Defense, Driver, Impellitteri, Angelica and Fires of Babylon.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 20, 2015 7:24 pm

I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Too much like the last album but still decent enough
 imo.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Man looking forward to the vinyl on this! Roxx and Christian Metal Distro have some in route to us right now! So if you want the vinyl version in the US keep watching the store we got about 10 copies coming!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 am

Bill Roxx wrote:Man looking forward to the vinyl on this! Roxx and Christian Metal Distro have some in route to us right now! So if you want the vinyl version in the US keep watching the store we got about 10 copies coming!

Interesting... Maybe... Might get it depends on my mood, I guess. I have been playing it on Spotify and enjoy it but so far not enough to break down and buy it. A vinyl temptation might just do the trick.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 am

Black Rider wrote:I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Too much like the last album but still decent enough
 imo.
I would give it 9 out of 10, for sure. I could give them 10, but there are a couple of songs that are not that awesome, such as Nightmare and the bonuses tracks. Those songs are just ok.

On the other hand, there is no bad tune on it. The drummer is probably the best that the band has ever had. Great work on this album!
And I really don't know what else people expect from Impellitteri. They used it everything they got on this album.

In my book this album is on the same level of Screaming Symphony and Wicked Maiden, but with a better work on the drums. So, this is probably my favorite release by them.
FWIW, Answer to the master is below these three albums, following them by a close margin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 pm

I just want to state one more thing: When people are analysing albums, they always give it a grade between 5 and 8. So, the real margin is among 5 and 8. And it looks like a rule, because eveyone's music review is on this margin. People should have courage to say: "I give this album 1 out of 10" or even: "I give this album 10 out of 10"

After all, is all about different opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Just my opinion and I will give albums higher scores. Glad you like it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:20 pm

We just got in a ton of cool brand new import vinyls including the new VENOM album on White Vinyl and Black Vinyl!

http://christianmetaldistro.storenvy.com/collections/20521-vinyl
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3