The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Master of Puppets?

+11
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
Pethead
Superjuice
Airola
Dustofyears
CrimsonWarrior
seth
scottmitchell74
MagnusPrime
StevenCressler
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite on Master of Puppets?

Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Master of Puppets?

Post by Airola Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Damage Inc stinks

I think it's one of the best songs in the album. I'm not usually fond of "happy" sounding metal, which the first fast riff in the song is, but I like that a lot. But the real hook of the song is the groovy second fast riff, that I'm sure Pantera stole a lot from. Masterful thrash picking by James on that one!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Master of Puppets?

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:34 pm

Airola wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Damage Inc stinks

I think it's one of the best songs in the album. I'm not usually fond of "happy" sounding metal, which the first fast riff in the song is, but I like that a lot. But the real hook of the song is the groovy second fast riff, that I'm sure Pantera stole a lot from. Masterful thrash picking by James on that one!

The bridge riff is great, but that's it for me.  Everything else is below bar.  The solo is awful.  C-grade thrash bands in the late 80s did better than this song.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:45 pm

Pethead wrote:I wouldn’t say it’s the fastest. That’s probably either Disposable Heroes or Damage, Inc.
I guess maybe Damage.

Again, just to clarify, Battery is a great song. I think just on one of the best metal albums made, there's so many songs that are way better, I don't get why everyone is picking it.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:46 pm

Airola wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:To really understand The thing that should not be in it's fullness you need a good grasp of Hp Lovecraft. Ktulu and Thing are perfect musical complements to the insanity and despair that is Lovecraft's work and cosmic terrors.

I'm not much into listening to the lyrics in songs in general, as I mostly view the vocals as another instrument and many times if I try to really listen to the lyrics it just takes me away from the music. I do appreciate good lyrics though whenever I'm in the mood to look into them.

But in this case the Lovecraft connection only makes it worse as I really dislike Lovecraft, especially anything that involves Cthulhu. Most of the time if a movie or a video game is called "lovecraftian" I lose all my interest. One thing I can't stand is that there is supposed to be this unimaginable terror that can't be described, but then it is described and it's always some darn squid tentacle thing which is the furthest from "an unspeakable horror" I can imagine.

I can appreciate Lovecraft for doing his thing and I like that people like his work, but it's not for me at all.
Chthulhu's great. Lovecraft had a fear of Marine life and all fish in general. And not all His stories are about marine like edler Gods from outer space buired beneath the sea yet to rise and take over the planet. That's just his most popular one, that and Dagon. Lovecraft is a beast of a writer...but you know... st anger... lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:23 pm

One Lovecraft story (forget the title) has a long buildup and you assume the “big reveal” of the monsters will be some sort of cosmic eldritch being, but in the end it turns out to be humans who “evolved backwards” into bloodthirsty, burrowing ape-like things.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:14 pm

Title track for me
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:26 pm

This forum is going to make me listen to more Thrash just to answer all these questions. Mad

Master of Puppets has been my least favorite album out of the first 4 and so I listen to it less. Perhaps greater familiarity will change my ranking and enable me to determine a favorite track.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2