The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace

+8
Guitar Noir
TZ75
Andreas89
Machine Fish
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
the Ceiling
Pethead
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MoP or RiP?

Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_lcap35%Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_lcap55%Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]
Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_lcap10%Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  Empty Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:13 pm

Often held as both band’s defining moments (we could quibble, of course, we’re metalheads).

What’s your pick?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  Empty Re: Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace

Post by the Ceiling Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:12 am

I made a choice, but both would be my first choice.
the Ceiling
the Ceiling
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace  Empty Re: Master of Puppets vs. Rust in Peace

Post by Pethead Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:38 am

the Ceiling wrote:I made a choice, but both would be my first choice.
Agreed. (That’s why I didn’t put an option for both  Razz . 

I went with RiP. Primarily because I love every song, whereas I find Leper Messiah kinda dull. Also, RiP is far and away my favorite Megadeth album, whereas MoP isn’t my favorite Metallica (that would be AJfA).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:45 am

In my opinion, Marty Friedman cemented (not created) Megadeth's future with this album, effectively erasing the weaknesses of the first albums. He legitimized their musicianship and professionalized the guitar solos.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 am

My faves by both bands but RIP just shreds so hard, that lineup is the best in thrash imo.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:03 am

No contest, I maybe go and listen to MoP every couple of years, but I listen to RiP about every six months.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:40 am

Rust in Peace, hands down.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Machine Fish, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:27 am

I’m surprised there have been no votes for MoP. I also want to know who admitted their terrible taste in music. Razz
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:30 am

I'm actually not that familiar with the entire Master of Puppets album. I've listened to it a few times, but it never really held my attention. 

If we were choosing between the songs Master of Puppets and Rust in Peace...Polaris, that would be a much more difficult choice for me to make!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 am

Sevenoneself wrote:I'm actually not that familiar with the entire Master of Puppets album. I've listened to it a few times, but it never really held my attention. 

If we were choosing between the songs Master of Puppets and Rust in Peace...Polaris, that would be a much more difficult choice for me to make!
That would be hard. I might have to go with RiP…Polaris because it’s my favorite Deth tune. (Although MoP is one of my favorite Metallica tunes).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:09 am

Pethead wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:I'm actually not that familiar with the entire Master of Puppets album. I've listened to it a few times, but it never really held my attention. 

That would be hard. I might have to go with RiP…Polaris because it’s my favorite Deth tune. (Although MoP is one of my favorite Metallica tunes).

And I might go with Master of Puppets b/c I'm more of a Megadeth guy and have, like, 30 favourite Megadeth songs. Whereas I have alot less favourite Metallica songs and Master of Puppets might be at the top of that list.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:36 am

Best Metallica song imo, is Sanitarium. Love the atmosphere of the song.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:02 am

I really like The Thing That Should Not Be. Sounds absolutely massive and foreboding.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:57 pm

This was super hard to choose! I could easily change my mind tomorrow. 

I went with Master of Puppets because it’s one of the early gold standards of thrash. I love the production and the dark moodiness. Plus it has the greatest instrumental song, and the crushing masterpiece Damage Inc. 

That said… I love Rust in Peace too. The guitar solos are probably the best ever recorded on a thrash album. It’s a great classic album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:42 am

The two albums are among the best thrash albums of all time.  The two are almost neck and neck, but I will go with Master of Puppets.  Rust In Peace is the absolute best of Megadeth, the band has never came close to recording anything as good since.  Master of Puppets set the standard for the genre.  Even after all these years very few bands have recorded a thrash album as fine as Master.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:44 am

Holy Wars is by far the best song from Megadeth.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:55 pm

MoP for me.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:32 pm

MoP for me too. But I love both!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flat circle Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:03 pm

Rust in Peace 

No Contest.

Marty > Kirk

flat circle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 am

Sevenoneself wrote:In my opinion, Marty Friedman cemented (not created) Megadeth's future with this album, effectively erasing the weaknesses of the first albums. He legitimized their musicianship and professionalized the guitar solos.

I wouldn’t say Peace Sells is weak in any way. It’s a close second to Rust. But I will agree that Marty’s solos are more refined and melodically pleasant compared to Chris Poland’s. Chris is a jazz guy. But his solos are amazing too!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:21 pm

Master of Puppets has the better songs, better bass player, and better vocalist.   Cliff Burton was fantastic.  

Personally, I much prefer Dystopia over Rust in Peace.  Kiko, I think, is as good as Marty.  And Mustaine writes better more consistent songs now than back then.  I love every track in Dystopia.  I cannot say the same about Rust in Peace.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:26 pm

heck wrote:Master of Puppets has the better songs, better bass player, and better vocalist.   Cliff Burton was fantastic.  

Personally, I much prefer Dystopia over Rust in Peace.  Kiko, I think, is as good as Marty.  And Mustaine writes better more consistent songs now than back then.  I love every track in Dystopia.  I cannot say the same about Rust in Peace.

Man, I have the exact opposite opinion. Dystopia is fine, but it’s mostly just guitar noodling. RiP has actual songs.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:05 am

Pethead wrote:
heck wrote:Master of Puppets has the better songs, better bass player, and better vocalist.   Cliff Burton was fantastic.  

Man, I have the exact opposite opinion. Dystopia is fine, but it’s mostly just guitar noodling. RiP has actual songs.

I listened to Dystopia and Endgame for the first time last year; they were consistently rated highest among their newer albums. I was pleasantly surprised by both of them, and they've grown on me. I listen to the top songs from both of them semi-regularly now.  I enjoy songs like Fatal Illusion, The Threat is Real, Dialectic Chaos, This Day We Fight and The Hardest Part of Letting Go just as much as any on RiP or CtoE.

I do agree with many fans that bands like Megadeth, Dream Theater, Satriani, etc. have put out so many album and songs that they "all start sounding the same after awhile". And, like these same fans, I agree that the early albums seem to have more emotion or spirit in them.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:00 am

You can assemble a pretty darn good Megadeth Latest and Greatest Playlist picking out the best tracks from Endgame, 13, Super Collider and Dystopia.  

Dialectic Chaos
1320’
How the Story Ends
Public Enemy No. 1
Fast Lane
Black Swan
Burn!
Built for War
Dance in the Rain
Cold Sweat
The Threat is Real
Dystopia
Conquer or Die
The Emperor

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 pm

heck wrote:You can assemble a pretty darn good Megadeth Latest and Greatest Playlist picking out the best tracks from Endgame, 13, Super Collider and Dystopia.  

Dialectic Chaos
1320’
How the Story Ends
Public Enemy No. 1
Fast Lane
Black Swan
Burn!
Built for War
Dance in the Rain
Cold Sweat
The Threat is Real
Dystopia
Conquer or Die
The Emperor

No Kingmaker?! Boo!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next