The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy

5 posters

Go down

Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy    Empty Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy

Post by Guitar Noir Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy    Empty Re: Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:04 am

Good review.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy    Empty Re: Tourniquet, Where Moth And Rust Destroy

Post by Livna Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:49 am

I’ll need to give this one a second chance.
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:51 am

Good write-up.  This is one of my favorite Tourniquet albums.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Black Rider wrote:Good review.
Thank you.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:10 pm

eatbugs wrote:Good write-up.  This is one of my favorite Tourniquet albums.
Thank you, I am a big fan of the album.  It was a vast improvement over Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm.  Microscopic has some great songs, but overall it felt like the band was trying to hard to recapture their early sound.  Where Moth And Rust Destroy feels like a more natural and relaxed album.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Livna wrote:I’ll need to give this one a second chance.
It would seem that Tourniquet fans come from two camps.  There are those that only like the Guy Ritter albums and those, like myself, that like all of the albums.  I can understand that not everyone will like this album, but I think it is worth a second chance.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Good album. Great guitar tones. The giant squid song and the Gold Calf are on any Tourniquet best of playlist that I make.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Guitar Noir wrote:
Thank you, I am a big fan of the album.  It was a vast improvement over Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm.  Microscopic has some great songs, but overall it felt like the band was trying to hard to recapture their early sound.  Where Moth And Rust Destroy feels like a more natural and relaxed album.

I agree.  It feels like we're in the minority on that. Cool   To me Microscopic View is the closest a Tourniquet album has to "sameness" of the songs.

Your review hit on the two reasons I like it so well: the mix of old and new (and I like both), and Luke's vocal diversity.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Bahana wrote:Good album. Great guitar tones. The giant squid song and the Gold Calf are on any Tourniquet best of playlist that I make.

Ted plays some really good guitar on the album, he really is a talented man.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Guitar Noir wrote:

I agree.  It feels like we're in the minority on that. Cool   To me Microscopic View is the closest a Tourniquet album has to "sameness" of the songs.

Your review hit on the two reasons I like it so well: the mix of old and new (and I like both), and Luke's vocal diversity.

I am curious as to what the new album will sound like.  Luke's vocals will be missed.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down