The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet Ark

+11
My Awesome Timothy
Kerrick
sentient 6
crucifyd
bodachi
Hardcore Christian
hellig
Tobi Elektrik
Black Rider
New Creation
johnnycanuck
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tourniquet Ark Empty Tourniquet Ark

Post by johnnycanuck Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 pm

I have been following Ted's Kirkpatrick's Facebook page, Tourniquet Ark, and it appears that it is nothing more than a militant anti-meat page. It has a smattering of God in it (mostly Ted decrying how God would be against the raising and eating of animals for meat). I too frown upon some off the abuses of the Meat industry, but instead of balance, Ted seems to be trying to argue that God is Vegan. It is obvious from Redemption History that God commanded that animals be used in sacrifice and atonement for the sins of the people of God. It is also obvious that meat was to be eaten, and was eaten. Even Jesus performed miracles using fish (feeding the masses, Peter and the nets full of fish, Jesus cooking fish for the disciples after the resurrection). I suppose one could argue that Jesus never actually ate meat from a mammal, but sadly for Tourniquet Ark I see all meat;poultry, mammals, and fish eating appears to be condemned. I am worried that Ted will become another Roger Martinez, or like ex-band member, Gary Lenaire.
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet Ark Empty Re: Tourniquet Ark

Post by New Creation Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Ted's a brother in Christ and though I disagree with him strongly on this issue, I do not see it as a reason for division.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:51 pm

It is a concern, his focus hardly seems to be on proclaiming the Gospel but is focused on animal rights. Interestingly, he is flying in the face of Scripture where we are told it's ok to eat animals.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm

johnnycanuck wrote:I have been following Ted's Kirkpatrick's Facebook page, Tourniquet Ark, and it appears that it is nothing more than a militant anti-meat page. It has a smattering of God in it (mostly Ted decrying how God would be against the raising and eating of animals for meat). I too frown upon some off the abuses of the Meat industry, but instead of balance, Ted seems to be trying to argue that God is Vegan. It is obvious from Redemption History that God commanded that animals be used in sacrifice and atonement for the sins of the people of God. It is also obvious that meat was to be eaten, and was eaten. Even Jesus performed miracles using fish (feeding the masses, Peter and the nets full of fish, Jesus cooking fish for the disciples after the resurrection). I suppose one could argue that Jesus never actually ate meat from a mammal, but sadly for Tourniquet Ark I see all meat;poultry, mammals, and fish eating appears to be condemned. I am worried that Ted will become another Roger Martinez, or like ex-band member, Gary Lenaire.

So, how do YOU achieve the right "balance" regarding this topic in your life?
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:It is a concern, his focus hardly seems to be on proclaiming the Gospel but is focused on animal rights. Interestingly, he is flying in the face of Scripture where we are told it's ok to eat animals.

Ted wrote A LOT of faith based songs. What's wrong about switching the topic? Maybe he said everything he wanted to say about Christian / biblical topics and is more inspired to write about other issues now. What's the big problem a lot of people seem to have with it?
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm

This is who Ted is. It's no secret at this point. You're either with it or not. It's certainly a divisive topic the way it is presented.

Personally, it's hard for me reconcile with as my youngest brother raises chickens for eggs and meat in very traditional conditions. They're outside, free, eat healthy non GMO feed and he takes great care of them. I can't really identify with Ted's views in that light.

Like I said, that's Ted though and I don't have to agree. It's certainly no hidden agenda so everyone is informed and able to make their own free choice about agreeing/disagreeing, supporting or not supporting. In that way it's nice that he's forward about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Animals are delicious
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm

New Creation wrote:Ted's a brother in Christ and though I disagree with him strongly on this issue, I do not see it as a reason for division.
Yea I respect his stance, I wish he was focused on other topics as well, not just the animal one
Black Rider wrote:It is a concern, his focus hardly seems to be on proclaiming the Gospel but is focused on animal rights. Interestingly, he is flying in the face of Scripture where we are told it's ok to eat animals.
Same here I understand his stance but he rarely talks about anything else, that I why I havent really enjoyed a "Tourniquet" album since Where Moth And Rust Destroy
hellig wrote:Animals are delicious
I agree

I cant believe it! A Ted topic that hasnt been locked yet! A rare specimen in its natural habitat (mind the pun) Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 pm

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

I had to slaughter our roosters the other day.  I wore my Tourniquet hat and hummed "If I Had To Do the Killing" while I did it..
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

crucifyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:

Ted wrote A LOT of faith based songs. What's wrong about switching the topic? Maybe he said everything he wanted to say about Christian / biblical topics and is more inspired to write about other issues now. What's the big problem a lot of people seem to have with it?

Discussing / writing about the issue isn't the problem. The problem is it seems to be to an extra-biblical extreme with ted. As stated above God has given us the go ahead to take dominion over animals up to and including eating them...

I've always opined that ted is over the top on this issue even back in the day.

bodachi wrote:If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

I had to slaughter our roosters the other day.  I wore my Tourniquet hat and hummed "If I Had To Do the Killing" while I did it..

THAT. IS. HILARIOUS.
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

It appears to me that over the years, Ted has been greatly influenced by a theologian and pastor named Gregory Boyd. I just don't know the extent of just how much his theology has influenced Ted though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:17 am

And Greg Boyd is an Open Theist, but that's a different topic.  Cool
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 am

sentient 6 wrote:It appears to me that over the years, Ted has been greatly influenced by a theologian and pastor named Gregory Boyd. I just don't know the extent of just how much his theology has influenced Ted though.

Black Rider wrote:And Greg Boyd is an Open Theist, but that's a different topic.  Cool

I'm an Open Theist. Tread lightly.  Cool
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Well, it's not Biblical so any treading isn't really coming from me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 pm

I see a storm coming...  Everyone, please remain respectful here...

On Ted and animals: do we really need yet another thread of this?  It's been discussed here so many times and rarely - if ever - to positive results.  I think New Creation's first response of disagreeing with Ted strongly but leaving it at that may be the best route here...  I'm not closing/locking the thread but will if things get unnecessarily heated in here.

On open theism: Black Rider is right, it's a separate topic for a separate thread.  If you want to discuss it, start a new thread.  Just remember the "don't be a jerk" rule and keep it respectful.  Personally, I'd be pretty interested in learning more about open theism.  From a quick glance at Wikipedia, I'd probably disagree with it pretty universally as well, though this could be a great opportunity to learn.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:Well, it's not Biblical so any treading isn't really coming from me.

You mentioned it first, would you like to start the thread that Kerrick mentioned? If not, I just might.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Either way. Not sure where to start it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

bodachi wrote:If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Murderer!!!  Crying or Very sad  That's what my kids tell me, they are veggies!!! Only kidding...... I personally don't know how anyone can kill an animal..... I could not do it apart from fishing that's it. So the majority of the time I am vegetarian to.  Haven't touched red meat for years. Is disgraceful the way some animals are killed, IMO if you do eat meat research should be done to make sure the animals are humanely killed.  Some videos I've seen on the web are completely heartbreaking.   Sad
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

johnnycanuck wrote:I have been following Ted's Kirkpatrick's Facebook page, Tourniquet Ark, and it appears that it is nothing more than a militant anti-meat page. It has a smattering of God in it (mostly Ted decrying how God would be against the raising and eating of animals for meat). I too frown upon some off the abuses of the Meat industry, but instead of balance, Ted seems to be trying to argue that God is Vegan. It is obvious from Redemption History that God commanded that animals be used in sacrifice and atonement for the sins of the people of God. It is also obvious that meat was to be eaten, and was eaten. Even Jesus performed miracles using fish (feeding the masses, Peter and the nets full of fish, Jesus cooking fish for the disciples after the resurrection). I suppose one could argue that Jesus never actually ate meat from a mammal, but sadly for Tourniquet Ark I see all meat;poultry, mammals, and fish eating appears to be condemned. I am worried that Ted will become another Roger Martinez, or like ex-band member, Gary Lenaire.

Bit harsh mentioning Ted in the same bracket as Roger!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 pm

I heard that Ted eats human babies. Lock the thread now!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Tourniquet Ark is nothing more than a PRO - PETA, Animals have more rights than humans page for his animal rights focus.  If it were up to Peta and Ted we would all eat grass at least until lawn companies start protesting and making anti veggies/greens/plants rights pages.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Kerrick wrote:I see a storm coming...  Everyone, please remain respectful here...

On open theism: Black Rider is right, it's a separate topic for a separate thread.  If you want to discuss it, start a new thread.  Just remember the "don't be a jerk" rule and keep it respectful.  Personally, I'd be pretty interested in learning more about open theism.  From a quick glance at Wikipedia, I'd probably disagree with it pretty universally as well, though this could be a great opportunity to learn.
Or you could say its "The Storm Before The Calm" Razz

Anyway I see where we started

lhversaw wrote:Tourniquet Ark is nothing more than a PRO - PETA, Animals have more rights than humans page for his animal rights focus.  If it were up to Peta and Ted we would all eat grass at least until lawn companies start protesting and making anti veggies/greens/plants rights pages.
Yep Thumbs up
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:

Murderer!!!  Crying or Very sad  That's what my kids tell me, they are veggies!!! Only kidding...... I personally don't know how anyone can kill an animal..... I could not do it apart from fishing that's it. So the majority of the time I am vegetarian to.  Haven't touched red meat for years. Is disgraceful the way some animals are killed, IMO if you do eat meat research should be done to make sure the animals are humanely killed.  Some videos I've seen on the web are completely heartbreaking.   Sad

I put them in the garage with the truck running.

Sometimes I feed them than make them go swimming before waiting 30 minutes.

If I'm feeling particularly lazy I lock them in the coop with an Obama autobiography audiobook, a bottle of whiskey and a noose.

Usually (seriously) I decapitate them with one quick swing of my Cold Steel Tactical Katana Machete:

Tourniquet Ark Serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.knifecenter.com%2Fthumb%2F1500x1500%2Fknifecenter%2Fcoldsteel%2Fimages%2FCS97TKMS

Quick and painless.

After a last cigarette, of course.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

crucifyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:09 pm

^I always ask the condemned rooster if I can call him a priest, but end up calling them a friar.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

crucifyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 am

Black Rider wrote:And Greg Boyd is an Open Theist, but that's a different topic.  Cool

Three things always come to mind when I think of Greg Boyd - His open theism, vegetarianism and pacifism. In this topic I was mainly referring to his beliefs on why he believes Christians should not kill animals or eat their meat.

Last edited by sentient 6 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next