The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

+21
cailen
Friday13th
bodachi
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Raegoul
My Awesome Timothy
deathisgain
Jetway777
Staybrite
eatbugs
mothy
TZ75
crucifyd
jaydeecrawson
Opeth3232
Black Rider
Kerrick
BaleMaster
Pethead
Lex Metalis
25 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 4 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:25 pm

I've never heard a Vengeance cover that was even remotely close or even competent enough to be as good as the originals

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Louder and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 4 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:31 pm

well, I take that back.... that white throne cover that I saw online a few years back with Rocky from LS and Jim Chaffin was bad to the BONE!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:20 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:I've never heard a Vengeance cover that was even remotely close or even competent enough to be as good as the originals

I need be honest, I preffer this to the OG
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:44 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:I've never heard a Vengeance cover that was even remotely close or even competent enough to be as good as the originals

I need be honest, I preffer this to the OG

atrocious.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:16 pm

Dale Thompson.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:17 am

eatbugs wrote:Dale Thompson.

"Noooooo, Good, please, noooooo"

(SCOTT, Michael)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:38 am

Lex Metalis wrote:

(SCOTT, Michael)

okay guys.... this Dale Thompson joke is going right over my head. I'm missing the punch line or something....

Is it because he became heretical or something a long time ago? I have no clue why this keeps coming up around here

btw... I saw Dale with Bride back in 1995 and he preached at the end. good show!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Lex Metalis and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:56 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:

(SCOTT, Michael)

okay guys.... this Dale Thompson joke is going right over my head. I'm missing the punch line or something....

Is it because he became heretical or something a long time ago? I have no clue why this keeps coming up around here

btw... I saw Dale with Bride back in 1995 and he preached at the end. good show!

It's because that he's actually an overexposed singer. No pun intended but now he is a 'hired gun' and is part of dozen of bands/projects that release tons of albuns/singles every year...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs, mothy, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:58 am

:metal2:Speakin of Vengeance covers this comes to my mind..
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Frozen Fire, Lex Metalis, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:09 am

Lex Metalis wrote:

(SCOTT, Michael)

lol!

I'm surprised no one beat me to it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:59 am

Lex Metalis wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:

(SCOTT, Michael)

It's because that he's actually an overexposed singer. No pun intended but now he is a 'hired gun' and is part of dozen of bands/projects that release tons of albuns/singles every year...

oh okay. I get it now! cool.... so just like Ripper Owens. For Sure.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:01 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:

(SCOTT, Michael)

oh okay. I get it now! cool.... so just like Ripper Owens. For Sure.

To me is worse. Ripper don't release 12 (or more) albuns in just one year
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:47 am

(from Roger Dale Martin's personal FB profile)

VENGEANCE INFLUENCE
DAVID MOWDY

For the 35th anniversary reissue of “Human sacrifice” Roxx Records asked each band member to write their story of the album for inside liner notes. There was not enough room for this behind the scenes insight so I will share with everyone today. 

Let’s rewind and go back to the mid sixties shall we:

In rural Oklahoma it was not uncommon to see people with physical deformities and paralysis of many kinds. Nowadays mental disability far outweighs physical. Not so in those days. 

At social events wheelchairs and crutches were seen at every gathering. Especially church.

I saw at a very young age, up close and personal, people who were truly disabled. Both mentally and physically. 
There was a man in our community whose name was “Hoppy”. I don’t know what was wrong with his body but he had to use a hopping motion to walk. People never laughed at him. They admired him because he had the guts to work with his infirmity. And he was thankful that he could walk. 

. I grew up in a country Methodist church. The congregation usually had a new Pastor every two years and one of those roving pastors had an adult son who was wheelchair bound. Spastic movements abounded from him. They looked uncontrollable but I never asked about it. I just knew he was incapacitated in every way, shape and form. Lots of people were qhit hard by polio and other diseases too. So that is the landscape. 

Okay homies, let’s take a look at David

David Mowdy was born around 1943. He and I have one common denominator — our parents were school teachers. And going to school takes on a different meaning when Mom or Dad are there. Two different ways to get into trouble. We did not go to school together because he is about 15 years older than me and graduated from high school in 1961. So here we go..

The first time that I saw David it blew my mind. And I want to say this tastefully and tenderly as possible. Some type of paralysis had gotten ahold of David and he (in my young mind) looked like and moved like the pastor’s son. But he was in no wheel chair. He was somehow walking on the sideline of a basketball court, carry a professional camera about the size of a small boom box. Complete with automatic mounted bulb. Each step that he took looked like it was orchestrated in perfect timing to his involuntary movements. Once again, nobody was laughing. Especially me. 

He made his way down to underneath the basket and scooted back to the edge out of bounds, and pulled out a notepad. I am thinking, “When the game starts these high school basketball players are going to crush him”. He did not look scared though…. Just somehow started taking pictures of the action on the court. I think that I watched him more than the players that night. Back then, after snapping a photograph, you had to advance the film. This particular camera had a small handle to twist. David had the timing of Bach in order to twist that film into position. And how he could ever take a picture… Wow

Crazy

Long story short. Even though David was extremely physically handicapped he showed everyone what a badass looks like. 
He went to school. He learned to drive. Went to college and secured a degree in journalism. The reason he was taking pictures was his job as sports editor and photographer of the county newspaper the McCurtain Gazette. He wrote all the sports articles and was all over the county taking pictures and being a huge part of the athletic scene. And he has done many more things. And still kicking butt today and writing the most wonderful articles. 

I was very fortunate to see this super hero in action when growing up. It gives you the grit to step out in faith and go for it. Despite opposition and difficulty if God is for you, who can be against you? David was a driving force in my role with Vengeance. And a driving force for a lot of other people too. 

So kick butt and take names today. You never know who you might influence.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

xMetalMarkx, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 am

bodachi wrote:
Pethead wrote:I still don’t know what term to use for Roger’s vocals.
I once played the Human Sacrifice album for my home-schooled kids, aged 8 and younger. As soon as the vocals kicked in ALL the kids started laughing. When I asked what was so funny, my oldest said "It's Cookie Monster!"
Yeah my kids from ages 3-7 always called all death metal "monster music."  They thought it was funny and loved it.  Then it became "crazy music" after that.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:42 am

The value is historical, because it's a very very poor live recording from one of the first christian brazilian thrash metal bands ever...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:49 am

Isn't from HS record,but I preffer post here than start a new thread, haha

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:08 am

From Roger dale Martin's personal FB

"COLLECTORS CHOICE ~ the ultimate 
Coming soon from Roxx Records"
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:55 pm

People mentioning Jason Wisdom, and I don't think I've seen this. The band The Blamed covering "White Throne" with him handling vocals.
https://fb.watch/ln7U6OnQz-/
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:07 am

According with a comment made by Bill Bafford, probally will exist a cassete version of HS in this 35th Anniversary edition.

He didnt say with this words, but the hint was released ...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:38 pm

deathisgain wrote:People mentioning Jason Wisdom, and I don't think I've seen this. The band The Blamed covering "White Throne" with him handling vocals.
https://fb.watch/ln7U6OnQz-/

yep. Great cover. bad to the bone. LOVE IT

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:38 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:According with a comment made by Bill Bafford, probally will exist a cassete version of HS in this 35th Anniversary edition.

huh? having a hard time following your trail bro.... made some typos dude

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:According with a comment made by Bill Bafford, probally will exist a cassete version of HS in this 35th Anniversary edition.

huh? having a hard time following your trail bro.... made some typos dude

English isn't my first language, so I haven't the obligation in wrote 100% correct. If you dont understand, just move on or send me a DM. No need to try embarass me in public
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead, mothy, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:42 pm

The post was perfectly clear and understandable.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 pm

I think Mr. Crawson may have realized his error, let's forgive
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:07 pm

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 4 Fb_img23
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho, mothy and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next