The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

+21
cailen
Friday13th
bodachi
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Raegoul
My Awesome Timothy
deathisgain
Jetway777
Staybrite
eatbugs
mothy
TZ75
crucifyd
jaydeecrawson
Opeth3232
Black Rider
Kerrick
BaleMaster
Pethead
Lex Metalis
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 6 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by TZ75 Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:23 am

How many times will this album be milked?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 6 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by bodachi Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:32 am

I'd rather see Weapons of Our Warfare reissued 
Who's with me?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Ammocas and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:33 am

bodachi wrote:I'd rather see Weapons of Our Warfare reissued 
Who's with me?

Another that receive more rereleases than the number of tracks in the album, haha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, mothy, Ammocas and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:03 pm

bodachi wrote:I'd rather see Weapons of Our Warfare reissued 
Who's with me?

It’s a better album in every way. Right up there with Master of Puppets.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:21 pm

Pethead wrote:How about we spend some of this effort reissuing things like Decision D's catalogue or Catscan or Preacher?
My guess is that those would not sell nearly as well.  It's a shame though.

I appreciate the H.S. album for it's historical merit and I remember the days when V.R. was still a new band with a red demo tape and a lot of live shows.  I interviewed the band for a publication and there was a lot of buzz and excitement for them and for what they were doing.

If the V.R. band members can make a little more money from their efforts, I'm all for that.  However, I'm with you, I'd rather see other reissues that we have not seen yet.  I was happy that Mercy Rule was finally reissued and that was long overdue.  But there are plenty of others out there that could use a reissue, like Arsenal or Chords From The Grave or any of the ones you mentioned and more.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:39 pm

I read a comment that this boxset should have included the “no budget” dvd. I totally agree!

Give something special that most people don’t have.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 pm

I agree. they're not giving us anything we haven't seen or heard before.

I'll pass.

why not do a "once dead" deluxe instead of all these endless "Human Sacrifice" ones?

Ebay and Discogs are FULL of copies of Human Sacrifice so they can't use the excuse that newer fans can't find them.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

eatbugs, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:34 am

Better hurry - they're selling like urinal cakes
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:44 am

Haha!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:45 am

It took me 30 plus years, but I finally pulled the trigger and bought a copy of Human Sacrifice. I guess the only thing holding me back before was the vocals (which I thought were unlistenable), but it’s finally grown on me. Other than that… I don’t remember many copies of HS in the Christian stores. Although there was plenty of copies of Once Dead! 

I figure now is the time with this 35th anniversary edition. Even though it’s almost certain there will be a 40th coming later. LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:54 am

What some people have heard a thousand times will be somewhat new and fresh to me! 

I should have bought this album years ago. It was the only piece missing in my VR collection.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:57 am

The vocals are the worst of all 4 VR albums, but I still enjoy HS. It’s got a lot of energy and some cool songs.

Once Dead is the one that’s really grown on me of late.

Pound for pound, I might argue that Released upon the Earth is their actual best album. It also has the best vocals by far.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:08 pm

Pethead wrote:The vocals are the worst of all 4 VR albums, but I still enjoy HS. It’s got a lot of energy and some cool songs.

Once Dead is the one that’s really grown on me of late.

Pound for pound, I might argue that Released upon the Earth is their actual best album. It also has the best vocals by far.

I went backwards when I got into VR. I bought Released Upon the Earth first, then DC and so forth. 

I think Released has Roger’s best “death growl” vocals. Although I’m still a fan of his Bobcat crazy voice on DC. 

The best thing about HS aside from the energy is Larry Farkas’s guitar work. Who was doing bluesy thrash before that?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:15 pm

Got mine. It’s a nice remaster. The only thing that hasn’t been done is a remix (like Pillars of Humanity had done). 

One complaint… 

If this is a limited edition and collectible disc… why is it in such a cheap cardboard sleeve? It’s already getting light scratches just putting it in the pocket. It should at least have a digipak with an actual disc holder to protect the bottom from scratches.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:17 pm

It’s so that it falls apart and you have to buy the 40th anniversary edition when it comes out.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 pm

I’m still holding out for the 50th. I’ll be 70. 💀🤘🏻
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:56 am

Pethead wrote:It’s so that it falls apart and you have to buy the 40th anniversary edition when it comes out.

I think you’re right!

If only they still had those CD protector things that snaps over the bottom optical side.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6