The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

+21
cailen
Friday13th
bodachi
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Raegoul
My Awesome Timothy
deathisgain
Jetway777
Staybrite
eatbugs
mothy
TZ75
crucifyd
jaydeecrawson
Opeth3232
Black Rider
Kerrick
BaleMaster
Pethead
Lex Metalis
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:29 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:
Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Fb_img23

Whoa! Where was this taken?? any pics of the back side??

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Empty Re: Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary

Post by bodachi Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:40 pm

Did I miss the pre-order?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:22 am

bodachi wrote:Did I miss the pre-order?

Not yet, was just a sneak peak Photo that Bill postes (and soon removed)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:31 am

Biggest thing to note is there is no "Rising" in the logo.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:33 am

And looking to the black boxes in the background made me think in something like the ultradeluxe sets that metallica released last years
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:30 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:
Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Fb_img23

Whoa! Where was this taken?? any pics of the back side??
VERY INTERESTING ? .......CASSETTE REISSUE ...........WHAT IS ON CD?  & WHAT  IS BILL ROXX UP TO ?.................
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:27 pm

Another sneak peak

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Fb_img25
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:45 pm

Will it be available on 8-track? Or reel-to-reel?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:00 am

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 Fb_img26
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:36 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Another sneak peak

What does the extra little black cover thing contain?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:40 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:Another sneak peak

What does the extra little black cover thing contain?Is 

the álbum itself in a remaster form (but dont know If is the 2017 Remaster or the Gold disc 2020 or a new one)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:29 am

bodachi wrote:Will it be available on 8-track? Or reel-to-reel?

How about on Edison Wax Cylinder?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:49 am

OK, Im a big apologist for the HS album and think its one of the most important Christian Metal releases but what can or does this release offer other than a new money grab? If they want it to remain relevant why do a limited release?

Im 99% sure Im not getting one but will see what it has to offer.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:58 am

Hard pass for me. I'll settle for the digital argle bargle!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:16 am

mothy wrote:OK, Im a big apologist for the HS album and think its one of the most important Christian Metal releases but what can or does this release offer other than a new money grab? If they want it to remain relevant why do a limited release?

Obviously, it’s a placeholder until we can get the 40th anniversary edition.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:20 am

Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:OK, Im a big apologist for the HS album and think its one of the most important Christian Metal releases but what can or does this release offer other than a new money grab? If they want it to remain relevant why do a limited release?

Obviously, it’s a placeholder until we can get the 40th anniversary edition.
Lol my point exactly
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:05 pm

Roxx Records pressrelease:

[ltr]Well all of our teasers have been driving you crazy, we apologize, but you’re going to love this one! Here is some more info!  [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]This Wednesday at 7am PST we will drop a new video for all to see the full details!  [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]This Friday at 7am PST sharp pre orders will go live! There are limited amounts of each item and there is no favoritism anywhere, you have plenty of time to plan.  [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Sets will be sold in order of the time of your order while supplies last!  We are not holding any back or saving any! You MUST purchase from the store for tracking purposes![/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]This is a ROXX Records Exclusive  [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Limit of one copy of each item per person! [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]NO EXCEPTIONS! [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Additional copies purchased WILL be refunded!   [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Stay tuned this Wednesday as we unveil the whole thing and celebrate 35 years of one of the most iconic Christian thrash bands around! [/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:45 pm

I’m holding out for the 50th anniversary set…I’ll only be 70! But will anyone be alive and be able to produce it?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:14 pm

This is possibly the most beloved (and criticized) metal album in Christian music history.

Most people seem to either love it or really dislike it. The naysayers are usually not fans of Roger’s unique voice.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:35 am

PRESS RELEASE
VENGEANCE – HUMAN SACRIFICE 35th ANNIVERSARY EXTRAVAGANZA
JULY 26, 2023

Well there is no need to go in to a lot of detail in this new press release as we celebrate the 35th anniversary of one of the most iconic Christian thrash albums of all time, because what you are about to read and hopefully be able to obtain for your collections is the be all end all, everything you wanted to know about HUMAN SACRIFICE all wrapped up in to one beautiful package. Let ‘s jump right into it.

Roxx Records is taking this one to the extreme with no expense spared as we look back and celebrate what has arguably become the stepping stone for all other Christian thrash, speed and even death metal releases that have come after it... VENGEANCE ‘HUMAN SACRIFICE’

This time we have two brand new beautiful fully licensed products coming your way, but with a very special twist. For starters we have a brand new 35th anniversary ultimate remaster CD commemorating this year’s special anniversary. This new CD is limited to a one time 300 piece pressing only. And for an extra special item this year we bring you the first ever fully remastered 35th anniversary limited edition ‘RED’ cassette tape edition of Human Sacrifice limited to only 200 copies. But we are just getting started folks.

We are about to bring you several truly limited edition packages that you are not going to want to miss out on! Starting with a beautiful Limited Edition box set, limited to only 100 pieces worldwide. Packaged in a beautiful 2-piece lift-off lid box, the Deluxe Edition is set to include, vinyl, 2 cd’s, a cassette tape, a 12 page commemorative booklet and more, complete with certificate of authenticity.

But wait there’s even more there will be another Deluxe edition limited to only 20 copies that is almost the same as the first box set, minus the vinyl and a couple of other items. Not enough yet? There will be a special bundle pack hand numbered and limited to only 50 copies containing the new 35th anniversary remastered cd, the limited edition commemorative booklet, a 35th anniversary poster and a limited edition human sacrifice trading card.

Never in the history of the Christian metal music ministry has there been a box set to this level or degree, it is a worthy tribute to one of the most significant game changer bands in the history of the Christian metal music scene. For complete package details and photos please visit the individual store items for each respective product.

After assembling all these beautiful packages we will have ONLY 50 stand alone cassette tapes that will be made available for sale to the public outside of these box sets, each will come with a limited edition trading card. Also, after assembling these limited edition box sets we will only have LESS THAN 100 copies of the special 35th anniversary CD remaining to go out to the public, each also coming with a limited edition trading card. For full details and contents of each set see the individual store listings, or watch this brand new video.

Now here are the rules. Given the true limited availability of these box sets and remaining stock these items will not be available anywhere else outside of Roxx and EACH item is limited to only 1 copy per person. Additional copies will be cancelled and refunded. We want to make sure every fan gets one of these that truly wants one and they do not get flipped on the resellers markets.

Pre orders will launch promptly on July 28th at 7am PST and product will start shipping almost immediately and be distributed by number in the time your order was received.

Get ready to celebrate this truly landmark album and have what will surely become one of the most sought after collectibles for years to come.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:39 am

Pass. I'll go spin my CD copy I've had for 15+ years.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:42 am

Pethead wrote:Pass. I'll go spin my CD copy I've had for 15+ years.

Me too...

I've the 2CD edition from 2010, the remaster one + original demo from 2017, the unreleaded first mix from 2018 and the picture disc from 2013, so... I'm fine with all that I have
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:27 pm

I'm probably the biggest VR super fan in the world... my first tattoo was a black & grey portrait of Roger Martinez...... I've even talked to some of the members over the years and helped them track down live versions of "The Contract" and the "Wailing" songs... but I personally think these incessant re-issues are harming the VR legacy, especially without Roger's participation. Why not include an official DVD of the "No Budget" video or something? I'll stick with the original pressings or maybe (maybe) the frontline re-issues that came out about 20 years ago... But, all of these re-issues and re-packagings is off-putting.

I get the same feeling when I think of a different actor playing "Bilbo Baggins" in the Hobbit or Highlander 2 and 3... or Steve Rowe changing the Mortification logo.... or Tony Martin from Sabbath singing "Heaven and Hell." just lame! Leave it alone unless you've got some holy grail that hasn't ever been released yet..... or why not re-issue the Once Dead reunion on audio CD or the live show from Denver in '92? I'm glad the other members participated and helped market this, but it makes me sad and disappointed.

And, for the record: I think "Human Sacrifice" and "Once Dead" are Sacred. Masterpieces.... they absolutely changed my life.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

crucifyd, Lex Metalis, Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:28 am

(From Bill Roxx's page)

We have got tons of requests on price points for tomorrows Vengeance pre order to allow people to prep so we will share that with you now:

LP/CD box (169) limited to 100
CD box (139) limited to 20
Bundle pack (45) limited to 50
CD+card (20) limited to 100
Tape+card (20) limited to 50

Quantities are very limited and reminder one per customer of each title. You can buy one of each title above, good luck

Pre orders live at 7am pst tomorrow!

Vengeance - Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary - Page 5 363792905_10159267115831176_6504182340091909183_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=106&cb=99be929b-59f725be&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFwqDYYfreUGRG5FAa8MNKDc7pCaOrWhuFzukJo6taG4ZWyauNJRqW4O6XA9lh4x2QtKgCz7XTntS9tFTQo5NSq&_nc_ohc=YtPiCIdD9_kAX9ThaEB&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:31 am

How about we spend some of this effort reissuing things like Decision D's catalogue or Catscan or Preacher?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, mothy, Ammocas, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next