The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

+10
ReedBenson
Opeth3232
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Machine Fish
TZ75
Follower of Jesus
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
Pethead
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Metallica vs. Megadeth

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: 72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

Post by Dustofyears Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 pm

Megadeth or 72 snoozefests

Megadeth new album and I haven't even heard the whole thing. Metallica's stuff now is so generic It would not surprise me if they used "Metallica New album" through an AI prompted music machine.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: 72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Deth’s recent stuff sounds way more AI by-the-numbers than anything Metallica has ever done.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:19 pm

Does it lolz. Just heard two songs they both are average. Have heard nearly all Metallica's 72 snoozefests and want my time back.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:25 pm

You want all 72 Seasons back???
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:03 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Megadeth or 72 snoozefests

Megadeth new album and I haven't even heard the whole thing. Metallica's stuff now is so generic It would not surprise me if they used "Metallica New album" through an AI prompted music machine.
That’s an accurate description of the songs from the album I heard
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Really haven't heard much from either, and the Megadeth ranking video I watched seemed to pick the most boring part of every song when it was it's turn, and the other way for the Metallica ranking video, so it wouldn't be that far... but I went with Metallica anyway, and I do tend to prefer them (though both are great of course)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Both Hardwired and 72 Seasons are incredibly boring albums. Actually Death Magnetic made me understand Metallica and I liked it a lot (I like St. Anger too though, so...). Death Magnetic was also the last Metallica album that was good.

The Sick the Dying and the Dead is much better.

That said, it was a bit of a disappointment though. On paper the album is fantastic and the couple of small clips where Dave played a couple of songs in studio and it was recorded with a phone were amazing. There was also a longer incredibly bad quality clip of a third song before the release and I thought that song was fantastic as well. They all sounded raw, heavy, aggressive, melodic... I really thought this might be the best album since forever. But then the album was released and I heard the final product and suddenly all of the edge and brutality was gone because everything sounded way overproduced. Most of the songs as compositions are very good. Great riffs, great melodies and all... But the overall sound feels too "perfect" and it falls flat.

I mean, listen to this!

It's a very bad quality clip but it sounds really aggressive. While I like the finished version it just lost some of its power during mixing and mastering.

But at least the songs for the most part are from ok to great instead of just plain boring.
Celebutante and Soldier On are my favorites on the album.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:21 pm

This is a fun comparison video:

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:19 am

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Megadeth or 72 snoozefests

That’s an accurate description of the songs from the album I heard
It really is. I remember saying the same thing in a thread a while back when this abomination of bore album came out when the "Metallica-got-a-new-album-out-and-we-like-it-coz-it-says-Metallica-on-da-cover"hype was in the air and everyone saying it was good lolz...

It's hard being right all the time, quite a burden to carry!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:04 am

72 Seasons is a good album.

If Metallica had been making Puppets or Justice over and over again, THAT would be selling out. 
That seems to be what everyone wants them to do, right?
That would have become mundane after a little while.
Slayer much?
Exodus much?
Most of the other bands from that era much?
Most of it runs together. 
I'm sorry but that's the truth and you all know it.
Even among the more consistent, it's still predictable. 
No one album stands out very much from the next with most of these other bands.
Not many of them take many chances with their art.
That's playing it safe.
That's boring.

Everyone has a right to like or dislike whatever they please. 

What I don't understand is what it is that compels people to trash Metallica in-particular in such a way that just screams "I have detention all next week"? 
It's a phenomenon. Like a competition almost. "Who can trash Metallica most cleverly?" It's the same kind of rhetoric that has always kept me from taking "critics" seriously. 

"Lolz"

beat_deadhorse

And now back to your regularly scheduled circle-jerking...
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:38 am

On the contrary. In that same thread I was yabbering about earlier I was one of the few saying it sucked. Most people were claiming it was good or even  a return back to form, but mostly that it was a good album. It isn't. It has a few good hooks that could've been really good songs. Instead it is a few good hooks surrounded by bloat and fat and generic AI Metallica.

Even most Youtubers at the hype period were leaning more twoards "it's a good album all hail Metallica coz Maetallica syndrome, almost like they felt like they HAD to say it was good. People are generally parrots.

There are some good Hooks that could've been great songs. Metallica show they just don't care anymore, too fat, too rich.

And no I don't won't another puppets etc just something good.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:37 am

MagnusPrime wrote:72 Seasons is a good album.

If Metallica had been making Puppets or Justice over and over again, THAT would be selling out. 
Slayer much?
Exodus much?
That's playing it safe.
That's boring.

What I don't understand is what it is that compels people to trash Metallica in-particular in such a way that just screams "I have detention all next week"? 
It's a phenomenon. Like a competition almost. "Who can trash Metallica most cleverly?" It's the same kind of rhetoric that has always kept me from taking "critics" seriously. 

"Lolz"

beat_deadhorse

I would understand you if you were defending St. Anger and Lulu with this.

But defending 72 Seasons or even Hardwired with that argument is like:

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 Notlik10

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:08 am

Airola wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:72 Seasons is a good album.

Slayer much?
Exodus much?
That's playing it safe.
That's boring.

"Lolz"

beat_deadhorse

I would understand you if you were defending St. Anger and Lulu with this.

But defending 72 Seasons or even Hardwired with that argument is like:

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead - Page 2 Notlik10

Circle Dance
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:46 am

There are those who will love anything Metallica does.

But there are also those who will hate anything Metallica does.

The argument that “this is a terrible album; people only like it because it’s Metallica” could also be turned around as, “this is a good album; people only hate it because it’s not Master of Puppets 2.0.”

But what I don’t get is complaining that 72 Seasons sounds like it was written by AI while defending TSTD&TD which is about as bland Deth-by-numbers as you can imagine.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:07 am

Pethead wrote:There are those who will love anything Metallica does.

But there are also those who will hate anything Metallica does.

The argument that “this is a terrible album; people only like it because it’s Metallica” could also be turned around as, “this is a good album; people only hate it because it’s not Master of Puppets 2.0.”

But what I don’t get is complaining that 72 Seasons sounds like it was written by AI while defending TSTD&TD which is about as bland Deth-by-numbers as you can imagine.

Right.

To dislike something simply because it happens to be popular is just as bad as liking something simply because it's popular.

I like the last couple of albums a lot and don't think they sound that much alike. Maybe the production. 

I think 72 Seasons has better hooks than Hardwired. 

There are much worse bands out there that don't get half of the scorn and ridicule Metallica does. It's crazy.

Like I've said before, I think a lot of it is their level of fame. Every single thing they do is over-scrutinized.

If they had changed styles without the massive success, I don't think they'd be getting anywhere near the amount of snarky vitriol that they've been getting the last 30 years.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 am

Exodus has not sounded the same the last thirty years, turn in your metal card. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:37 am

By all means enjoy 72 snoozefests. It's got nothing to do with how popular they are (for me anyway) Metallica can pump out anything they can't lose and they know it, their name is so big they are at that point where people will buy any old crap they pump out BECAUSE they are THAT popular. METALLICA

All I could think while listening to 72 snoozefests was how very AI of you Metallica.
Ironically talking about playing it safe above, this is Metallica;s safest most generic piece of crap they have pumped out yet. Load and reload, that wasn't safe, the black album wasn't safe, heck even st anger wasn't safe. 72 snoozefests is just Metallica dialing it in and their dumb desperate fans will swallow anything Metallica feeds them. They died ages ago.

Forgot to add: I don't care about Megadeth either or their new album. Gave up on them ages ago two. Only heard two maybe three songs from their latest album and they aren't anything to write home about either, so you could be right about it sounding like it got programmed through an AI album making machine. Hey, what Metallica does so to Megadeth...am I right.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:39 am

Black Rider wrote:Exodus has not sounded the same the last thirty years, turn in your metal card. 😆
I just wish they’d write lyrics like they did when Zetro was in the band the first time.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:25 am

Dustofyears wrote:By all means enjoy 72 snoozefests. It's got nothing to do with how popular they are (for me anyway) Metallica can pump out anything they can't lose and they know it, their name is so big they are at that point where people will buy any old crap they pump out BECAUSE they are THAT popular. METALLICA

All I could think while listening to 72 snoozefests was how very AI of you Metallica.
Ironically talking about playing it safe above, this is Metallica;s safest most generic piece of crap they have pumped out yet. Load and reload, that wasn't safe, the black album wasn't safe, heck even st anger wasn't safe. 72 snoozefests is just Metallica dialing it in and their dumb desperate fans will swallow anything Metallica feeds them. They died ages ago.

Forgot to add: I don't care about Megadeth either or their new album. Gave up on them ages ago two. Only heard two maybe three songs from their latest album and they aren't anything to write home about either, so you could be right about it sounding like it got programmed through an AI album making machine. Hey, what Metallica does so to Megadeth...am I right.

Circle Dance
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:35 am

Black Rider wrote:Exodus has not sounded the same the last thirty years, turn in your metal card. 😆

No just the last 20 I guess. Razz

I do like them but their albums kind of started running together (to me) starting with Tempo.

Solid and consistent enough, but nothing that really keeps me going back to listen to them very often.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:12 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:By all means enjoy 72 snoozefests. It's got nothing to do with how popular they are (for me anyway) Metallica can pump out anything they can't lose and they know it, their name is so big they are at that point where people will buy any old crap they pump out BECAUSE they are THAT popular. METALLICA

Circle Dance
That's the spirit
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:07 pm

Pethead wrote:Dogs of Chernobyl is by far my favorite on that album. It’s one of the only songs with hooks.

Thinking of this quote and listening to Dogs of Chernobyl I kinda understand you now.
For me Dogs of Chernobyl is one of the more boring tracks in the album and the riff in the verses actually sound like something that could be in an album like 72 Seasons.
So if that's what you enjoy in a Megadeth album you're obviously going to like 72 Seasons more.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:00 pm

The most underrated album of Megadeth is either The System Has Failed or Endgame.
The most overrated album of Megadeth is Countdown to Extinction, and Sweating Bullets is probably their most overrated song.

The most underrated album of Metallica is St. Anger, not kidding.
The most overrated album of Metallica is Kill 'em All. I would almost say Justice because I think its production is even more dull to the ears than St. Anger's and the title track, Eye of the Beholder and, yes, Harvester of Sorrow, are all very dull tracks, but the album has too many masterpiece songs to ever call it overrated. With Kill em All there are two songs I enjoy and the rest are either meh or ok.

(I wrote a long list of going through all of the albums for both bands and telling if they are overrated or underrated and writing a short review for each of them - only to have them all disappear because my new mouse has this weird side button that for some reason is assigned to be a "back" button, and I accidentally pressed it with my thumb and lost everything - and actually TWICE, lol Very Happy So I thought I'd just write a short list of the most under and overrated albums by each band)

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:15 pm

Metallica:

Overrated: Death Magnetic. I like it, but if any Metallica album sounds like it was written by AI trying to sound like Metallica, it would be that one.
Underrated: AJfA, because it’s the greatest metal album ever made.

Megadeth:

Overrated: Endgame. People seem to rave about it the most of the recent stuff and I don’t think that’s deserved.
Underrated: United Abominations (best of the comeback albums), Super Collider (hooks!), and SFSGSW (not as good as Peace Sells or RiP, but still really good. “Hook in Mouth” is one of my favorite Deth tunes).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:19 pm

Rolf 1 St Anger underrated

St anger=better than KIll em all Razz

you know the one that goes — "Tick Tock Tick Tock" and has metal gems like Invisble kid and some kind of monster and mega gems like that, the one where Metallica tried to be NU metal— yeah that one Rolf 2

And guess what, I'd rather listen to that than 72 snoozefests.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next