The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums?

+3
Black Rider
Pethead
Guitar Noir
7 posters

Go down

Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums? Empty Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums?

Post by Guitar Noir Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:18 pm

I have been listening to a lot of Megadeth over the last week.  Despite constant lineup changes, the band continues to have an impressive career.  The obvious highlight is Rust In Peace.  Dave Mustaine has had his ups and downs, but I give him credit for continuing to keep Megadeth alive and relevant.  Their most recent album The Sick, The Dying... and The Dead has been out for almost a year.  That is enough time to truly evaluate the album, on it's own merits and among the other albums in the catalog.  I would say that the album is definitely among my favorites, in my top five, for now.  The current lineup is my second favorite, after the classic Rust In Peace lineup.  I hope Mustaine is able to keep this lineup together.  Where does the new album rate for you?  Is is among Megadeth's best?
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums? Empty Re: Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums?

Post by Pethead Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:20 pm

Last time I went through their catalogue, this one went down a bit on my list and Dystopia moved up. But I don’t think they have a bad album. (Risk isn’t a good Deth album, but it’s a decent album).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums? Empty Re: Is The Sick, The Dying...and The Dead, One of Megadeth's Best Albums?

Post by Pethead Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:21 pm

I do agree that this lineup is great.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:42 pm

Hmmm, not top five but maybe at number seven? Great album nevertheless.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:17 pm

Pethead wrote:Last time I went through their catalogue, this one went down a bit on my list and Dystopia moved up. But I don’t think they have a bad album. (Risk isn’t a good Deth album, but it’s a decent album).
I agree, no bad albums in their catalog, however there are a few that are not essential.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:Hmmm, not top five but maybe at number seven? Great album nevertheless.
Top seven ain't bad.  The band will never top Rust In Peace, but the new one is surprisingly good, Mustaine really surprised me with this one.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:14 pm

This album’s not even top 10 Megadeth for me. I didn’t care for it at all.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:52 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:This album’s not even top 10 Megadeth for me. I didn’t care for it at all.
Wow, I loved the album from the first time that I played it. Dystopia was a solid album after a few less than stellar albums.  The newest one feels fresh and vital, for me their best in a long time.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:13 pm

I actually like Super Collider more than TStDatD at this point. That might change over time.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Guitar Noir and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:16 pm

Pethead wrote:I actually like Super Collider more than TStDatD at this point. That might change over time.
Super Collider gets a bad rap, it is a solid album.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:15 pm

As good as some of the later albums have been musicianship wise… I still stick with the early albums. Especially Peace Sells and Rust in Peace. There’s something about those ones that cannot be recreated. I guess it’s the youthful energy and the spirit of the original 1980’s thrash movement.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:31 pm

TZ75 wrote:As good as some of the later albums have been musicianship wise… I still stick with the early albums. Especially Peace Sells and Rust in Peace. There’s something about those ones that cannot be recreated. I guess it’s the youthful energy and the spirit of the original 1980’s thrash movement.
At times the new album has a bit of a Rust In Peace feel to it.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:20 pm

TZ75 wrote:As good as some of the later albums have been musicianship wise… I still stick with the early albums. Especially Peace Sells and Rust in Peace. There’s something about those ones that cannot be recreated. I guess it’s the youthful energy and the spirit of the original 1980’s thrash movement.
Diddo. 

I generalize my viewpoint by saying most Megadeth albums are Dave Mustaine albums. The first few were actually group albums,  and that's why I think they excelled. 

So...if most Megadeth albums sound like Mustaine solo albums, perhaps Megadeth = Mustaine solo. In that case, the first few band-oriented albums should be called something other than Megadeth...
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:51 pm

It's always been Dave as the driving force, I have no problem with it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:47 am

Sevenoneself wrote:
So...if most Megadeth albums sound like Mustaine solo albums, perhaps Megadeth = Mustaine solo. In that case, the first few band-oriented albums should be called something other than Megadeth...

Eeasy.
Metallica.

So, now we should figure out what all Metallica albums should be called.

geek

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down