The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

+10
ReedBenson
Opeth3232
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Machine Fish
TZ75
Follower of Jesus
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
Pethead
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Metallica vs. Megadeth

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_lcap35%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_lcap47%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_lcap6%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_lcap12%72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead Empty 72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:41 pm

Which one do you prefer?

I’m sure I’m in the minority, and Black Rider will now refuse to be my friend, but I’m gonna give the nod to Metallica at this point. It’s just more memorable to me. The Deth is good, but it doesn’t really stick in my head.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead Empty Re: 72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:05 pm

I'm a  deth fanboy, Dave just writes better riffs. The Metallica is fine but it's like they wrote it using AI for the most part. I miss we hen Kirk was a riff monster.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead Empty Re: 72 Seasons vs. The Sick, the Dying, and the Dead

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:13 pm

Generally speaking, I prefer Metallica’s riffing style because it’s catchier. RiP has some of the best riffs ever, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:16 pm

I really like both, but I have to agree with Pethead on this one. I've had parts of numerous tracks from 72 Seasons stuck in my head the last few days. I said before somewhere that 72S was a "grower", and it's definitely doing just that. In my opinion, it's the best Metallica album since 1991.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:12 am

72 Seasons by a mile.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:23 am

I chose “both rule”. Although I wouldn’t go that far… but I enjoy both albums.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:58 am

So I'm actually going with Both Suck ... The last Megadeth album I listened to only a couple times. Had a couple cool songs but overall...I wasn't a huge fan, even though I wanted to be.
And of course I think the new Metallica was boring except for one song.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Black Rider, Pethead, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:27 pm

Here's my problem with modern Metallica, the songs all start to blur together. You could put Atlas Rise and Chasing Light back to back and hardly realize the songs had switched. I don't hate it, I'll cull some songs for playlists but won't be looking to play the whole album. And I still think if they'd pare down the songs they'd be much better. Just my two cents.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:38 pm

That’s actually my problem with modern Deth. I can’t tell Endgame from Dystopia from 13 from TStDatD.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:39 pm

I do agree Metallica needs to shorten songs/albums.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:44 pm

Black Rider wrote:Here's my problem with modern Metallica, the songs all start to blur together. You could put Atlas Rise and Chasing Light back to back and hardly realize the songs had switched. I don't hate it, I'll cull some songs for playlists but won't be looking to play the whole album. And I still think if they'd pare down the songs they'd be much better. Just my two cents.

by Pethead on Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:38 pm
That’s actually my problem with modern Deth. I can’t tell Endgame from Dystopia from 13 from TStDatD.

I agree with both statements. And it might not even be that either band sucks, but [as discussed in other threads recently] this could be an inevitable result of putting out so much good music. 

If you delve into the extensive repertoires of the great classical composers you find this same problem. The result: most people only know their hits.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Since I enjoy Megadeth more I listen to them more so I can hear the differences and I'm sure I would with Metallica but I lose interest.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:Since I enjoy Megadeth more I listen to them more so I can hear the differences and I'm sure I would with Metallica but I lose interest.
I agree with this statement the most.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Pethead wrote:I do agree Metallica needs to shorten songs/albums.

Definitely!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:27 am

Don't like Dave's voice and have not listened to either album right through and probably never will there's just better metal to listen to. However, going from what I have heard from those two albums, I'd Pick Megadeth.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:31 am

Oh really now we going to say that ha... Rolling Eyes 

Can't wait till those weak hooks wear thin (actually no, not weak hooks, but "misplaced hooks made weaker as a product of bad writing) and then see the comments about what a boring album it actually really is down the track.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:37 pm

Metallica and there brand of pop thrash that's come out these days is interesting once you skip 4 or 6 of the filler song's Megs is more consistent though for me
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReedBenson Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:57 pm

I'll lean towards 72 Seasons for now because I've listened to it twice, though I was working and couldn't psy close attention. I've tried listening to The Sick, the Dying...and the Dead a couple times but just wasn't in the mood. One of these days.

ReedBenson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:21 pm

Huge Metallica fan, however they do need an editor. I do not have an issue with the long songs.  However, there are a few songs on the last 2 albums that should have been left off.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:41 pm

I absolutely love both albums a great deal.  I love that both bands are looking to their past in order to make something new.  If I had to pick one it would be Megadeth.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:46 pm

Having gone back to both recently, I concur with my initial assessment. Metallica takes this pretty easily.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:15 pm

Haven’t listened to either all the way through, but The Sick… has Dogs of Chernobyl, which may be my favorite Megadeth song. All the 72 seasons songs I heard were pretty bad
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:22 pm

Dogs of Chernobyl is by far my favorite on that album. It’s one of the only songs with hooks.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:21 pm

Megadeth may be more "consistent" (both in regards to frequency of output and having stayed closer to thrash for most of their career), but the sound really started getting "samey" (at least to me) after TSHF. Of course they've had some killer stuff since then, but nothing really stands out as being relatively unique.

Metallica on the other hand, may take their sweet time releasing albums, but I have no trouble telling their songs and albums apart. As I've said before, with the exception of St. Anger, Metallica have been pretty solid and memorable as far as I'm concerned. 

I love both bands btw.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:31 pm

Yes, although I’d say post-UA is where it got samey. (Super Collider is an exception). There are good songs on those albums and they’re far from being bad, but they’re not particularly exciting. The songs just aren’t very memorable overall.

I actually think TSTD&TD might be their second worst album, honestly.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next