The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan of certain albums or all the albums?

+11
Sevenoneself
Temple of Blood
Fundy
mothy
CrimsonWarrior
Follower of Jesus
Constantine
Dustofyears
Pethead
eatbugs
Soldier777
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A fan of certain albums or all the albums? - Page 2 Empty Re: A fan of certain albums or all the albums?

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:47 am

mothy wrote:Well its really just Ayers and guest musicians. I thought I remember reading the band even tried to make him not use the name Haven for the release.

This is true for most long-running bands.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

A fan of certain albums or all the albums? - Page 2 Empty Re: A fan of certain albums or all the albums?

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 am

Mosh-Pit Justice is another one where I like all the albums. They have 6.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:05 pm

I've loved everything Living Sacrifice has done.  I don't listen to Inhabit because it's too much of an onslaught for my old-man ears but I still like it.

The band that had the 2nd longest run for me was Mortification -- first 6 albums.  They lost me completely after Blood World.

I loved the first two and 4th Vengeance Rising albums, but the 3rd was just ok.

I've enjoyed all the Believer albums, although I only go back to the first 3.

There are tons of bands that only had 2 albums and I love both -- Detritus, Seventh Angel, Betrayal, and The Crucified come to mind.  Actually, scratch that...I was bored by the 3rd Seventh Angel album that came in the 2000s.  Sounded totally different.  So give any band enough time and they'll change too much.

I suppose I like all of Tourniquet enough, even though Luke's vocals after Vanishing Lessons are cringy to me.  I really only listen to the first 3 albums.

I love all of Randy Rose/Rose's albums except for Crazy Little World.

Love all of Circle of Dust.

Love/like all of Mortal, although Fathom is 10x better than the rest.

I supposed I've found all of Deliverance's albums interesting, and was a big fan in the early days, but I don't really listen to any of them anymore.  I still give a listen to each new album, though, and they're entertaining for a one time play.  Kinda like a TV show.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 am

1. It's the very rare band/artist wherein I am a "Fan" of every album they've produced. That's a much shorter list than running down bands who have an entry or two that I'm not a fan of, which is most of them.

In other words, even the mighty Tourniquet and Deliverance have entries that I can live without.

"The Showdown" and "Theocracy" though are examples of bands whose output has yet to disappoint me.
But those are also not large discography's either.

2. Yes, I will--without previewing-- purchase a new album by a band with a solid track record.
Right up to the point when they drop that really weak or experimental album that comes out of the blue. That move will eternally break my trust in them.

From then on I will give any new releases after that a few spins on Spotify and decide if it's worthy before pulling the trigger.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue May 02, 2023 8:58 am

Well, to answer the first question, basically all the bands I like have at least one album I don't care about. To my mind, the question has a lot to do with long term consistency, it is quite hard to evaluate this in a band. So, I take out bands that have released an album or two. On the other hand, the bands with longest carreer have been around a few decades with changes in style for several reasons such as stay relevant in the market and even line-up change. Nearly to impossible to please all the fans all the time.

So, I will answer that Daniel Band and Idle Cure had that consistency throughout their careers.
Maybe Stryper? Though I do not use to search for YaBA and iGWT albums.
Saint would also be a good fit for this, if it weren't the Perfect Life EP

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2