The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums

+4
Staybrite
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
8 posters

Go down

About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums Empty About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums

Post by Guest Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:32 pm

We talk a lot about early Bride. And regarding the material they released in the 2000's, I only got This is It until a few weeks ago, which I think it is a good mix of modern material with some hard rock influences.
And then I saw Skin for Skin for a reasonable price, and I got it. I had few expectations about this album, but I was blown away since the first listening.

So, it made me wonder if it would worth buying Tsar Bomba and Uncorruptible What are your impressions about the last Bride albums?

Back to top Go down

About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums Empty Re: About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:09 pm

I’m in the minority. I hate the modern stuff. Oddities was the last album I liked, and Snakes was the last album I really loved.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums Empty Re: About the last 4 or 5 Bride last albums

Post by alldatndensum Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 pm

The final two albums are not as heavy as Skin For skin.  The band was slowing down a little, but the albums are still strong.  I love the Snakes era albums and think that This Is It, Skin For Skin, and Tsar Bomba are all on par with that.  Incorruptible is almost there but it is definitely more mature sounding as the band was winding down to a total halt.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 am

I feel like "This Is It" is the best last album they released. It still has a certain "aggressiveness" to it.

"Skin for Skin" wasn't bad, but I barely play it. I will say that I really like the art for it. Very Happy

The other ones I've listened to a few times, but never really got into them.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:04 pm

deathisgain wrote:
"Skin for Skin" wasn't bad, but I barely play it. I will say that I really like the art for it. Very Happy

I love it when you make comments like this....it's even better when nobody else "gets it".
And I agree, the cover art was great.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

I love it when you make comments like this....it's even better when nobody else "gets it".

I get it. Wink   

I'm not sure if I like This is It or Skin for Skin better.  They're both good but didn't achieve the excellence of the earlier work.  Usually when I want Bride I just reach for Snakes or Scarecrow.
Tsar Bomba didn't do much for me either.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

I knew what he meant!  The cover art was great, but the guy who designed it was a scruffy nerfherder!  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 pm

The only later Bride albums I have is This Is It and Skin For Skin

I prefer the latter
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

I knew what he meant!  The cover art was great, but the guy who designed it was a scruffy nerfherder!  lol!

Hey now!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Leia called Han that in one of the original trilogy.  Even nerfherders can be great guys!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Side One of Snakes rules but Scarecrow Messiah was better top to bottom. The song "Thorns" near the end of that album is so underrated...it's one of their top 5 songs. Dale delivers his best vocal ever IMO.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 pm

I never thought Scarecrow Messiah was better than Snakes In The Playground.  I felt it was equally as good, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 am

I would agree, about equal in my mind

(Had to go listen to Thorns, to remember the vocals, pretty amazing indeed!)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:27 pm

I go back and forth on those two as well.  Overall the ultimate litmus test of "which do I listen to more" makes Snakes the winner.

Back on topic...After re-listening to the final four over the last few days I agree almost word-for-word with Death is Gain's initial post.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Well, don't get me Wrong, as most of you, Ialso Love early Bride and I am not very keen on their latest releases. I am Just discovering that Those álbum e aren't às bad as I thought.

Regarding snakes and scarecrow, I couldn't get info tese albums. Too comercial for my teste.

Back to top Go down

Post by mudpuppy Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Have you all heard any of Dale's newer work?  He has a band called The World Will burn that has released two albums, and he has a brazilian project called No Other God but I dont know if its out yet.  Facebook says Bride may even do a new album.

mudpuppy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

The World Will Burn is too modern. But I will keep an eye out for this N.O.G. project, asit might open ways for some concert with Dale and many Bride classics here in Brazil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down