The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New interview

+17
Wigeon
Staybrite
Grindboy
deathisgain
Bahana
scottmitchell74
Follower of Jesus
Fundy
Tourniguy
MagnusPrime
crucifyd
Airola
Sevenoneself
jaydeecrawson
TZ75
Pethead
Luke Easter
21 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New interview  - Page 2 Empty Re: New interview

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Pethead wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:
Pethead wrote:Now, it’s question time:

What’s your favorite song you and Aaron co-wrote, and why is it “Duplicitous Endeavor”?  Very Happy

I don’t have a favorite, honestly. I think the songs he and I wrote are solid, but I think I’ve written better ones since. Collaboration is good, though; it’s a good way to learn how to do something, and if you find a good partner it can make for a very rewarding creative relationship. I think the best song I had a hand in writing for that band is “Convoluted Absolutes,” but I honestly don’t have a favorite song.
Convoluted Absolutes is one of my favorites on WMaRD.

I need to go back and listen to that track! To be honest, Moth wasn’t my favorite release. The production was slightly muddier compared to other albums (in my opinion). But I will say that “Healing Waters of the Tigris” is a great song!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourniguy Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:49 pm

Why were you asked to leave the band? Were you expecting for that?

Tourniguy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:59 pm

TZ75 wrote:I would love to hear a new collaboration with You and Aaron. Any reasonable chance of that happening? 

I'm not sure that'll ever happen.

TZ75 wrote:Your song with Gary was an awesome blast from the past (similar to the “new” songs from Collective Works). 

That was all Gary. I just added a vocal where he asked me to.

TZ75 wrote:Maybe Aaron is unofficially retired from music, I have no idea… but that could change over time. 

I have no idea.

TZ75 wrote:You guys wrote some very good stuff together. 

Thank you.

TZ75 wrote:If you were to make a Luke Easter “metal” album, I would hope you would reach out to him. Or if you were to write a song as a tribute to Ted’s memory.

There's very little (pretty much zero, to be honest) possibility of me doing a solo metal album. I don't have any interest in doing one, and I really dont write that kind of stuff, musically speaking. I can write lyrics for other people's music, but I don't know that I could write a "metal" song by myself to save my life. That said, I am totally open to working with Aaron in the future.

Tourniguy wrote:Why were you asked to leave the band? Were you expecting for that?

I have no actual idea why was let go. I did not see the split coming. 

]\
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Wigeon, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:
Pethead wrote:Now, it’s question time:

What’s your favorite song you and Aaron co-wrote, and why is it “Duplicitous Endeavor”?  Very Happy

I don’t have a favorite, honestly. I think the songs he and I wrote are solid, but I think I’ve written better ones since. Collaboration is good, though; it’s a good way to learn how to do something, and if you find a good partner it can make for a very rewarding creative relationship. I think the best song I had a hand in writing for that band is “Convoluted Absolutes,” but I honestly don’t have a favorite song.
Convoluted Absolutes is one of my favorites on WMaRD.

I need to go back and listen to that track! To be honest, Moth wasn’t my favorite release. The production was slightly muddier compared to other albums (in my opinion). But I will say that “Healing Waters of the Tigris” is a great song!
I LOVE WMaRD. In recent years, I find myself returning to it more than MVoaTR, although that might be because I played MV so much that I can dream the whole thing.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:07 pm

So when are we getting a Bon Jovi covers album?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:37 pm

Pethead wrote:So when are we getting a Bon Jovi covers album?

I try to never say never, but I don’t think I’d do a project like that. I dig covers, but I don’t really understand it when bands do full albums of all covers.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:37 pm

I understand that you don’t write “metal” songs. But that’s why vocalists like Rob Rock, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson etc have other people write music for them (producer/guitarist Roy Z is a great example). Even Chuck Billy from Testament has openly put out a notice that he was looking for people to submit songs for him. That said… his album is supposed to be a bluesy hard rock style. 

I’m not trying to pressure you to do something you don’t want, but you should know that you have a fanbase that does like your voice over heavy guitars and pummeling drums! 

Ps, I’m glad you are open to working with Aaron!

Who’s to say Gary couldn’t do another project outside Flood with you. Gary is a metal master!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Luke Easter, Fundy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:12 am

I'd love to hear Luke, Gary and Guy do a song together.

I think Luke's vocals on The Pop Disaster are his best he's ever done.  That album is absolutely superb.  Luke completely nailed it.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Luke Easter, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Luke,

Will you ever grow your hair back out bro? Love the mane you had back on the "Pushing Broom" VHS! Totally rad.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:09 pm

Fundy wrote:I'd love to hear Luke, Gary and Guy do a song together.

I think that would be interesting, as well. Don't know if it'll ever happen, but I'm open.

Fundy wrote:I think Luke's vocals on The Pop Disaster are his best he's ever done.  That album is absolutely superb.  Luke completely nailed it.

Thanks. Not to throw shade at any of the band work, but the focus is completely different on band stuff than my solo stuff. The band stuff was primarily about the drums and guitars, and the vocals didn't get as much consideration. That's not to say we didn't give them attention and do our utmost to make sure they were the best they could be; it's just a different style. the mixing, EQ, all of it was built around the brutal velocity of a metal sound. Generally the drums ans guitar fought for space in the mix, and I was not much louder than the guitars got. With the solo stuff, the vocal is the main thing. it's a more pop approach to things, from the songwriting on up. There's a little more latitude with my stuff because I'm making a lot of the decisions, but also because I have a great producer/collaborator who gets what I'm trying to accomplish and knows how to get me there. I'm happy you like it. More is on the way.

jaydeecrawson wrote:Luke,

Will you ever grow your hair back out bro? Love the mane you had back on the "Pushing Broom" VHS! Totally rad.

Nope.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Any ETA on the next album??? The Pop Disaster is great and “Mystery” just made me eager for more.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:46 pm

Pethead wrote:Any ETA on the next album??? The Pop Disaster is great and “Mystery” just made me eager for more.

This is my question too. I freakin love The Pop Disaster! It was my album of the year!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:23 pm

Pethead wrote:Any ETA on the next album??? The Pop Disaster is great and “Mystery” just made me eager for more.

Follower of Jesus wrote:This is my question too. I freakin love The Pop Disaster! It was my album of the year

Can't give an ETA yet, but it is in the works. I'm finishing up the writing/demo process, and Kris and I are figuring out scheduling and such. 

It means a lot that folks dig the solo stuff. I really didn't know what to expect in terms of response when I released The Pop Disaster. I just knew it was something I'd wanted to do for a long time, and that it was finally the right time to do it. Thanks for the kind words, and for being interested in what's next.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Follower of Jesus, Fundy, eatbugs, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:08 pm

Out of curiosity… 
If the Pop Disaster wasn’t well received (like it has been), would you have made anymore music, or would you have called it a day?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:30 pm

TZ75 wrote:Out of curiosity… 
If the Pop Disaster wasn’t well received (like it has been), would you have made anymore music, or would you have called it a day?

Wow. I haven’t really thought about that. I just got all angsty about how it was going to go over, but hadn’t thought any further than that. I think I’d still be creating and working up new material, because that’s what I do. In some way I’ve always done it. But would I be recording new material for release if TPD had been panned? Maybe. At least a follow-up to see if there was any chance of getting it right.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Fundy, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Out of curiosity… 

Wow. I haven’t really thought about that. I just got all angsty about how it was going to go over, but hadn’t thought any further than that. I think I’d still be creating and working up new material, because that’s what I do. In some way I’ve always done it. But would I be recording new material for release if TPD had been panned? Maybe. At least a follow-up to see if there was any chance of getting it right.

Good to know! 

I would hate to see you throw in the towel after one release.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Luke Easter, Fundy, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:39 pm

Okay. here are some good questions for ya

1) Do you like to shoot pool and did you ever shoot pool with the guys in Tourniquet?

2) Are there any live Tourniquet shows on the shelf or in the "vaults" that were recorded but never used? I know there were a handful of soundboard recorded songs included as bonus tracks on some of the re-issues but it would be very cool to hear a full show from your era with the band pro recorded or soundboard

Thanks Luke.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm

What are your favorite pop-metal bands? Aside from Bon Jovi… (most don’t consider them metal)

Do you like Warrant, Skid Row and LA Guns? If so, what songs?

I’m assuming you like the old schools bands like: Ratt, Motley Crue and Quiet Riot.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:Okay. here are some good questions for ya

1) Do you like to shoot pool and did you ever shoot pool with the guys in Tourniquet?

I'm not any good at it, but I like to shoot pool now and then. We played all the time back in the day. Recording both WMARD and AB, we played between takes. We recorded those albums at Ted's, and he had a pool table. The ProTools rig and the mic were a few feet away, so while Bill or Neil was listening/editing/setting up a channel, we'd play.

jaydeecrawson wrote:2) Are there any live Tourniquet shows on the shelf or in the "vaults" that were recorded but never used? I know there were a handful of soundboard recorded songs included as bonus tracks on some of the re-issues but it would be very cool to hear a full show from your era with the band pro recorded or soundboard

Thanks Luke.

Not to my knowledge. We really never did a live record. Whatever we had was usually by accident; FOH was recording off the board one night, or we played somewhere where we realized they were shooting/recording, so we managed to get the footage. We wound up using the best of that stuff as bonus tracks and such.

TZ75 wrote:
What are your favorite pop-metal bands? Aside from Bon Jovi… (most don’t consider them metal)

Bon Jovi was pop metal up until New Jersey. After that they pivoted to more of a pop and rock format with hints of hard rock here and there. Worked out pretty well fo rthem. How many of the bands the came up with can still pack arenas? That said, I've not cared much for Bon Jovi's stuff past Because We Can. With Richie gone the spark is missing. I'm not saying they're bad now, but it doesn't connect for me.

TZ75 wrote:Do you like Warrant, Skid Row and LA Guns? If so, what songs?

I like all those bands. I think Warrant peaked with the Cherry Pie album. "Bed Of Roses," "Sure Feels Good." and "Uncle Tom's Cabin" are favorotes. Skids, I still love the self-titled best, but Slave To The Grind has some cool moments. The new album is solid. L.A. Guns I wasn't in to as much, but if I had to pick an album of their to spin, it'd be Cocked and Loaded.

TZ75 wrote:I’m assuming you like the old schools bands like: Ratt, Motley Crue and Quiet Riot.

You're partly correct. I love Mötley and Ratt, but QR never did it for me.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:04 pm

Where you a TqT fan before joining?
What's your favorite album?
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:Where you a TqT fan before joining?
What's your favorite album?

I was a fan first. Kris, my longtime friend, collaborator, and producer, turned me on to them when STB first dropped.

I don’t have a favorite.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Any chance of you performing the songs you wrote with Tourniquet? I know there is a stylistic difference with your new music… but imagine the surprise of the crowd if you did a few as an encore!

Or you could rearrange and re-record one as a bonus track.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Are you still in touch with Victor Macias at all?

I had his email address about ten years ago and he replied twice but I get the feeling he's very reclusive. and I full on totally respect that!

Do you remember when he got into Eastern Orthodoxy and left the band, etc. (not an expert on that era, so not exactly sure what came first: his interest in Russian Ortho or him leaving the band)

What do you remember about that period and do you know if he is still active in the Ortho Church (I personally am, so that's why I'm curious)

Thanks man.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:16 am

Are there any genres you'd like to experiment with besides Pop Rock? Industrial or electronic?
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:39 am

Are you a fan of thrash in general? If so, who are some of your favorite bands?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next