The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

+12
Sevenoneself
TZ75
Soldier777
Constantine
Follower of Jesus
Frozen Fire
crucifyd
alldatndensum
Black Rider
a_donkey-named-kevin
Pethead
Friday13th
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 12 ]
Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:04 pm

I’ve never owned a Saint album. I have multiple Stryper albums. Michael Sweet’s voice alone is enough for me to choose Stryper. Not to mention they have been on a roll with some good heavy albums the last 10+ years.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:14 am

Friday13th wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I'm confused with everyone complaining about Saint's lyrics but I'm not a dispy so most of their lyrics don't hit me.
It’s not that so much as that they went from clear lyrics to vague lyrics. I mean, I get a lot out of Preterist’s lyrics, even though I disagree at several points.
And Partial Preterite would be an awkward name.

A necessary clarification, though Laughing
I enjoy being a dual fulfillment historic premillennialidt, then I can hear Saint and say “yes” and also Preterist and say “also yes.” Razz
Dual Fulfillment Historic Premillennialist. Now that would be an awkward band name.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:22 am

Frozen Fire wrote:I really enjoy the Saint album but lyrically it is of little to no value for me. Usually I spend months playing Saint's material just like I do with Stryper. Yet with this album I haven't gone back to it as much. There is a reason why I stopped listening to secular music. I want something meaningful in the message. No, it doesn't have to be in your face like Stryper. Yet, undiscernible isn't what I want. A fair amount of the tracks are confusing more than edifying and Dave's explanations made them even more confusing in some cases. Not trying to discourage, just stating how I feel.

For Stryper, The Final Battle is a great album and nails it lyrically. Musically it is a lot tougher call but ultimately it is Stryper in a no contest for me.
I’ve been thinking about this, and i realize that “vague” is probably the wrong term for me to use for the lyrics on Heaven Fell. I can get a lot of edification from Switchfoot’s lyrics, even though they’re not real upfront, because they are clearly written from a Christian worldview and are usually clear in what they’re communicating.Ike you, my problem with the lyrics on Heaven Fell is not that they aren’t as upfront so much as that they are indecipherable. And that this is coming from a band who historically has not been so.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:09 am

Disclaimers:
1) I've only listened to Heaven Fell .75 times, but this thread is current so I want to vote now.
2) I've never really been a Saint fan, but this album is fantastic, and I will be spinning it alot.

I went with Stryper. Like many have said, it's a monster album. I enjoyed it more than just the singles released ahead of time. Lots of diversity in the album with great lyrics, melodies, riffs, solos.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:28 am

Pethead wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I really enjoy the Saint album but lyrically it is of little to no value for me. Usually I spend months playing Saint's material just like I do with Stryper. Yet with this album I haven't gone back to it as much. There is a reason why I stopped listening to secular music. I want something meaningful in the message. No, it doesn't have to be in your face like Stryper. Yet, undiscernible isn't what I want. A fair amount of the tracks are confusing more than edifying and Dave's explanations made them even more confusing in some cases. Not trying to discourage, just stating how I feel.

For Stryper, The Final Battle is a great album and nails it lyrically. Musically it is a lot tougher call but ultimately it is Stryper in a no contest for me.
I’ve been thinking about this, and i realize that “vague” is probably the wrong term for me to use for the lyrics on Heaven Fell. I can get a lot of edification from Switchfoot’s lyrics, even though they’re not real upfront, because they are clearly written from a Christian worldview and are usually clear in what they’re communicating.Ike you, my problem with the lyrics on Heaven Fell is not that they aren’t as upfront so much as that they are indecipherable. And that this is coming from a band who historically has not been so.

I agree that about half of the songs are apparently indecipherable, but we’re exaggerating if we’re saying nothing in Heaven Fell is clear or clearly Christian. “Dance of the Gods” “Morning Star” and “Exile of Cain” come to mind as particularly clear what is being said. I can’t find the lyrics to Heaven Fell online, so I will have to look at the booklet.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:34 am

Friday13th wrote:
Pethead wrote:

I agree that about half of the songs are apparently indecipherable, but we’re exaggerating if we’re saying nothing in Heaven Fell is clear or clearly Christian. “Dance of the Gods” “Morning Star” and “Exile of Cain” come to mind as particularly clear what is being said. I can’t find the lyrics to Heaven Fell online, so I will have to look at the booklet.
That’s fair enough. Dance of the Gods is one of my favorites on the album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:39 pm

Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:05 pm

I think the “Heaven Fell” title track is pretty clearly about Christ’s Second Coming. That makes 4 clearly decipherable songs.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:39 pm

I wish they had worded “never again will there be a hell” differently in the title track. I’m assuming they are referring to death and hades being cast into the lake of fire, which has “hell” instead of hades in the KJV (an unfortunate translation).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:59 pm

Friday13th wrote:I think the “Heaven Fell” title track is pretty clearly about Christ’s Second Coming. That makes 4 clearly decipherable songs.

Interestingly in the Area 312 interview Dave said he'd never heard the passage about heaven coming down. He was unfamiliar with the concept of the New Jerusalem. He stated it was more about heaven literally traveling through space to earth. He also said he is intentionally vague so the meaning of the lyrics remain whatever the listener wants them to mean.

Listen to Dave explain some of the tracks himself:

Area 312 Saint Interview: Starting at 1hr 9min 30 seconds
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:
Friday13th wrote:I think the “Heaven Fell” title track is pretty clearly about Christ’s Second Coming. That makes 4 clearly decipherable songs.

Interestingly in the Area 312 interview Dave said he'd never heard the passage about heaven coming down. He was unfamiliar with the concept of the New Jerusalem. He stated it was more about heaven literally traveling through space to earth. He also said he is intentionally vague so the meaning of the lyrics remain whatever the listener wants them to mean.

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell - Page 2 200w.gif?cid=82a1493ba5qhnoukk004tjx3p5z6ahl5bb4u99eixfvshq0r&rid=200w

Still love the album, though!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:

One should never be too surprised with biblical illiteracy 🫠
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Staybrite, Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:47 pm

I'm also tied up in a not. This is too difficult. I like them the both the same. Please don't ask me to choose between which child I love more S.O.S.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:49 am

I voted Stryper, but it's stupid close.  Tomorrow, I might vote Saint.  

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:09 am

Angelic Warlord just released his review of the Final Battle yesterday, and so we now have his vote on this issue!

Stryper - The Final Battle review at Angelic Warlord - Christian Metal Resource
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:14 pm

He gave them both 100 percent. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:57 pm

Black Rider wrote:He gave them both 100 percent. 😆

He wouldn't do well here; he'd have to choose between them!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Black Rider wrote:He gave them both 100 percent. 😆

He wouldn't do well here; he'd have to choose between them!
How long will he waver between two opinions?

(1 Kings 18:21ish)

Last edited by Pethead on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:19 pm

😲
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:55 pm

It's a very close battle, both albums are outstanding. But I'll have to go with
Saint - Heaven Fell.
Joe C
Joe C
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2