The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022

+16
Frozen Fire
Follower of Jesus
a_donkey-named-kevin
crucifyd
Ammocas
alldatndensum
Black Rider
FAIRWARNING
Kerrick
Staybrite
Pethead
Constantine
MagnusPrime
Lex Metalis
Tombie
My Awesome Timothy
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022 Empty SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:49 am

The brand new album from Saint is available to preorder now from Boones Overstock and has a couple of songs to listen to.  It’s going to be an amazing year for Christian Metal in 2022, but also an extremely sad one.  Crying or Very sad

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/saint-heaven-fell-new-cd-2022-retroactive-records

Last edited by My Awesome Timothy on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and FAIRWARNING like this post

Back to top Go down

SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022 Empty Re: SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022

Post by Tombie Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:20 am

I just went to order it and $8 for shipping!!!! I cancelled it and will wait for someone else to sell it. Thanks for posting.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

oldschooldoom, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022 Empty Re: SAINT ~ Heaven Fell ~ New Album 2022

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 am

---

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, bgsully, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:44 am

Sounding pretty good!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 am

I was not impressed by the title track but Holier Than Thou is a heavier and much better song.  
Will wait to see what other songs are like.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:09 am

An absolute blind buy for me. But I ain’t paying $8 for shipping!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

oldschooldoom and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:54 am

I've noticed that more companies are charging high shipping amounts now.   
I was going to buy 2 CD's on another site but the shipping was $8 for 2 CD's and I said forget it.
Postage costs did go up recently but not by enough to justify some of these increases.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Boones seems to have ridiculously high shipping rates.
I buy used cds from sellers pretty regularly and most of them charge $3.5 to $4.5 for up to 3 or 4 cds.  Charging over $5 for a single cd seems ridiculous to me (at least in the U.S.).  I like the sound of these new songs, but there is no way I'm paying $8 to ship any single cd.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:37 pm

Yep. I wanted to order the new Reign of Glory, but the shipping would’ve made it twice the price of buying it digitally.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:56 pm

Not to further derail the thread... but I've sold a fair number of CDs on discogs and within the US, media mail for one CD typically costs ~$4.30 or so. If you buy your mailers from Dollar Tree like I do... that's an additional $0.50 (now $0.63...). So you're looking at $5 - not including time, the label, tape, additional packaging material, etc. $8 is still a bit ridiculous, but anything less than $5 they're shipping at a loss. Also that's for the cheapest media mail. First class is a couple bucks more expensive.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 pm

^^Oh, I don’t think shipping costs are necessarily the fault of the label or distro. It is what it is with costs today. But it does mean that I’m gonna save a bit and snag things digitally.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 pm

Kerrick wrote:Not to further derail the thread... but I've sold a fair number of CDs on discogs and within the US, media mail for one CD typically costs ~$4.30 or so. 
Standard media mail now is $3.49 so I wonder why yours would be higher.  It used to be $3.19 before they raised it.  I mostly use the bubble mailers I get from buying small items on Amazon and that keeps my costs down.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FAIRWARNING Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:13 pm

Lex Metalis I LOVE THIS FORUM. I WISH I HAD FOND IT EARLIER. I AM GETTING TURNED ON TO SO MUCH GREAT METAL. THANKS! THIS IS A GREAT TRACK. wrote:

---

FAIRWARNING
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:23 pm

I think distributors are adding to the shipping cost to keep the price of the product down.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:20 am

Black Rider wrote:I think distributors are adding to the shipping cost to keep the price of the product down.

I think you have half of that correct.

When there are other distros that haven't jacked their shipping up that high and charge the same for a CD, you start seeing that the seller is just adding to the shipping costs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:43 pm

I love Saint…but I can’t spend $8 for shipping a cd from Boones. That’s a little excessive. 
Maybe, Richard Lynch will sell some cd’s from his band website. He’s done that in the past for his previous albums and the prices were more reasonable.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:54 pm

My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:11 pm

Multiple Users wrote:$8 for shipping!!!!

I was curious so I put one CD at a time in the
cart and checked the shipping...

1 CD = $8.00
2 CD = $9.34
3 CD = $9.34
4 CD = $9.99

I stopped @ 10 and it was still $9.99

then I added one piece of vinyl...
for 10 CDs and one vinyl = $10.44

oh, to get back on topic, I will get a copy of the new Saint...
as stated above absolute blind buy...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by a_donkey-named-kevin Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:34 pm

Just went to Order from Boones... not gonna happen.. I was gonna put up a post on FB asking why the Shipping Cost's were so High... then I got here.. guess I'm not the only one to notice...LOLOL! This new Saint Album is Gonna be good! I like all 3 songs Ive heard so far.. If anyone doesnt know, the song "Vengeance" has a visualizer on the saintsite.com fron page..

a_donkey-named-kevin
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Staybrite, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by a_donkey-named-kevin Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Buddy of Mine Brought over his Copy of "Heaven Fell" tonight.. The Album's Good, Very Good! That Good!.. The Band pulled off a Face Melter! and Dave's vocals are Fantastic! so, That being said.. I'm going to cave..

a_donkey-named-kevin
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:47 am

I’ll wait until it hits Spotify. I ain’t paying $8 to ship a CD. They can pound sand with that. No way.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:53 pm

I ordered this from the band and it came today, $16 total. Excited to listen!

https://armorrecords.wixsite.com/saintsite
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I ordered this from the band and it came today, $16 total. Excited to listen!

https://armorrecords.wixsite.com/saintsite

Please review! If it’s better than the Calf I’m buying.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Been listening the past three days and have some early comments.

One, this is the best produced Saint album to date to my ears. All their recent material has been really well done on that level but this is even better! I think Hell Blade and The Calf vied for that honor prior. It may not be important to many but that is immediately recognizable. It's heavy, clear, textured, and powerful.

Two, the guitar tone is fantastic, crisp, crunchy and the performances across the board are excellent! Musically these are some of the best performances of anything the band has done. Dave's vocals are powerful as they were on The Calf, the songs are bolstered by some of the best guitar work I've heard from the guys, and there is some great drumming, especially on tracks were the pace is picked up. I haven't heard guitar solos this good on anything since Too Late For Living.

Third, song wise there's not a bad one in the bunch. I wouldn't say these songs are as immediately catchy as some of their more recent material. Yet, each song is still seeping in and making an impression. This is the part that early on I'm most curious about. Because Dave's delivery doesn't change much between chorus and verse (rare high vocals being let loose or clean sections) I think the choruses have a more subtle catchiness to them. As a result, I'm not sure there is that one killer song that sticks out and holds on for years but, keeping with the past number of albums, it's super solid all through with some real standouts. Maybe one will rise up for me?

Fourth, the album seems to have an overall slower, pounding bend to it. The opening track, Holier Than Thou, Morning Star, Vengeance and the Exile of Cain are the truly speedy tracks. The latter actually has some thrashy guitar and drum work during the second verse. I'm not talking about when people say Stryper does something thrashy but more legitimate thrash. Super surprising and well done! The rest are generally more mid-paced and variations again are more subtle. Aside from the thrashy material in Exile of Cain, the other surprise is track 10, Words of Wisdom, almost having a doom-like pace. Thundering grooves and Dave's gravely vocals make for an interesting beast. I know they've had some material approaching this but I think with Dave at the front this really fits the band today. A really neat surprise. The most odd thing is loving the title track but finding its riff so close to Another Day and Hero from the past two albums. Yet, I listen to Impellitteri who has riff stolen on subsequent albums and even within albums.  Laughing

Lyrically, this album is generally more esoteric in message. I'm not sure what the lyrics to Creature mean exactly or nor do I understand what stating "never again will there be a hell" in the title track is ultimately getting at. The saints were never going to hell so it can't be just about the saints and I'm not sure how hell being replaced by the lake of fire fits with that. Further, having a song called Morning Star about Satan that says "Morning star, you are far from who we are" when the track "Who You Are" from the Broad is the Gate states "Jesus I know who you are, you are the bright and morning star" was also a little confusing coming from the same band. I'm not really getting at anything here other than saying I'm having to dig more lyrically. It's probably just Dave's style since he helped write on every song.

I'm not going to say where the album stands in the catalog but like every Saint since Hell Blade, it's great and will get a lot of plays here. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out for me as the songs each stand for themselves. For me, it is Saint and its excellent as always.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:30 pm

New interview with the guys with a lot of talk about the lyrics. It helped to hear the mindset behind them and why they are so different with Dave writing them all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=550xPWUjxGY&feature=youtu.be
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next