The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

+12
Sevenoneself
TZ75
Soldier777
Constantine
Follower of Jesus
Frozen Fire
crucifyd
alldatndensum
Black Rider
a_donkey-named-kevin
Pethead
Friday13th
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell I_vote_lcap57%Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 12 ]
Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell I_vote_lcap43%Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell Empty Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:18 pm

The ultimate battle of 2022 between two great albums from two bands classic 80s Christian metal bands!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell Empty Re: Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:20 pm

I voted Saint because I really think it's the best they've done since Time's End, better than Too Late for Living imo! Final Battle is great though, top 5 Stryper imo!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell Empty Re: Stryper - The Final Battle vs. Saint - Haven Fell

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:24 pm

I’m torn. I think both albums are excellent. In general, I prefer Saint to Stryper, but Stryper’s lyrics were better this time around. I’ll have to get back to you.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

oldschooldoom, Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm

I might be alone in this, but I’d probably put Reign of Glory over either by a hair.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m torn. I think both albums are excellent. In general, I prefer Saint to Stryper, but Stryper’s lyrics were better this time around. I’ll have to get back to you.

I actually agree! I especially like See No Evil.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:37 pm

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil"
- Michael Sweet

"We all know right, we all know wrong
But we still only do what we want
Never thinking about the outcome
We're vain, we're cold, we're so nonchalant

See no evil, hear no evil
Resist the world you know
Speak no evil, think no evil
Evil, evil

Be not deceived, God won't be mocked
What you will sow so you shall reap
Don't let the sun go down on your anger
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

Evil, evil

You gotta resist the world you know
Speak no evil
Evil, evil"

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."

- Galatians 6:7-10 (NASB)

We would have a different world if Christians believed that verse.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:41 pm

Alright, I went with Stryper. As much as I like Stryper, I never thought I’d put them above Saint. But both albums are excellent musically, and Stryper’s lyrics are stronger this time out.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by a_donkey-named-kevin Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:25 pm

Saint, because I'm getting Bored with Stryper.. its a good listen, but If I were to pick one to play, it'd be Saint. They're just more interesting to me.

a_donkey-named-kevin
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Saint by a hair, both are great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:47 pm

This is one time when I cannot vote.

Saint has the much better album musically.  Every song just has some awesome power to it.  Stryper's album musically isn't grabbing me like the last few have.

Lyrically, though, Stryper is blowing Saint out of the water.

So, I guess it would depend on whether I want the best music or the best lyrics.

Thus, I cannot vote.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:This is one time when I cannot vote.

Saint has the much better album musically.  Every song just has some awesome power to it.  Stryper's album musically isn't grabbing me like the last few have.

Lyrically, though, Stryper is blowing Saint out of the water.

So, I guess it would depend on whether I want the best music or the best lyrics.

Thus, I cannot vote.
Yeah, I’m pretty disappointed with Saint’s lyrical direction here. They were always upfront and clear before. But TFB has some of Stryper’s best lyrics ever.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 pm

I haven't even heard either one yet but I voted Saint.
I'm no Stryper hater either...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:49 pm

crucifyd wrote:I haven't even heard either one yet but I voted Saint.
I'm no Stryper hater either...

That’s not what I was looking for 😂
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:21 pm

I really enjoy the Saint album but lyrically it is of little to no value for me. Usually I spend months playing Saint's material just like I do with Stryper. Yet with this album I haven't gone back to it as much. There is a reason why I stopped listening to secular music. I want something meaningful in the message. No, it doesn't have to be in your face like Stryper. Yet, undiscernible isn't what I want. A fair amount of the tracks are confusing more than edifying and Dave's explanations made them even more confusing in some cases. Not trying to discourage, just stating how I feel.

For Stryper, The Final Battle is a great album and nails it lyrically. Musically it is a lot tougher call but ultimately it is Stryper in a no contest for me.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:41 pm

I'm confused with everyone complaining about Saint's lyrics but I'm not a dispy so most of their lyrics don't hit me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:50 pm

Black Rider wrote:I'm confused with everyone complaining about Saint's lyrics but I'm not a dispy so most of their lyrics don't hit me.
It’s not that so much as that they went from clear lyrics to vague lyrics. I mean, I get a lot out of Preterist’s lyrics, even though I disagree at several points.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Sevenoneself and Second Wind like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:03 pm

I do want to reiterate that I love Heaven Fell and I am in no way judging anyone’s heart for Christ. (And Dave is an amazing singer). I just have my personal tastes in lyrics.

Last edited by Pethead on Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 am

Pethead wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I'm confused with everyone complaining about Saint's lyrics but I'm not a dispy so most of their lyrics don't hit me.
It’s not that so much as that they went from clear lyrics to vague lyrics. I mean, I get a lot out of Preterist’s lyrics, even though I disagree at several points.

This might be a atupid question, but are Preterist’s lyrics about preterism in eschatology?
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:51 am

Friday13th wrote:
Pethead wrote:

This might be a atupid question, but are Preterist’s lyrics about preterism in eschatology?
Some, but not all. Fantastic album either way.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:13 am

Stryper by a mile. I didn’t like Heaven Fell at all.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 am

Musically, Saint has the more satisfying album this time mainly because I find the new Stryper to be formulaic, same-old, same-old.   Haven't really paid much attention to the new Saint lyrics but now I'm curious to investigate further....

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:41 am

Pethead wrote:
And Partial Preterist would be an awkward name.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, Andreas89, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:12 am

Black Rider wrote:
Pethead wrote:
And Partial Preterite would be an awkward name.

A necessary clarification, though Laughing
I enjoy being a dual fulfillment historic premillennialidt, then I can hear Saint and say “yes” and also Preterist and say “also yes.” Razz
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:54 am

Friday13th wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Pethead wrote:
And Partial Preterite would be an awkward name.

A necessary clarification, though Laughing
I enjoy being a dual fulfillment historic premillennialidt, then I can hear Saint and say “yes” and also Preterist and say “also yes.” Razz
Classic
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:33 pm

I'll likely like Stryper TFB better. The thing is Saint is Power Metal and New Wave of British Heavy Metal. Stryper ranges from Hard Rock to Metal and have changed styles since 2003 from Modern Hard Rock Metal to Classic Traditional Hard Rock and Metal. I wouldn't say Stryper are full on Power Metal where they have faster songs, slower songs and in between songs. Both bands have 12-13 albums since 1984 and had a 10 year break before reuniting.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next