The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust

5 posters

Go down

Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust Empty Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust

Post by WildWorld Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm

I got the idea for this from a youtube series I saw from a user named Almost Human (I wont link to his channel as he unfortunately uses profanity). Anyway, what he does is pit albums against each other track-by-track (they have to have the same number of tracks, though he sometimes "cheats" by skipping over instrumentals or intros). One video he did had THWTD vs Soldiers Under Command, with THWTD winning, so I thought I'd do something similar by pitting that one against In God We Trust (skipping over Abyss like he did, as it's not even a song):

1. To Hell With the Devil vs In God We Trust
-Got to give it to THWTD 1/0
2. Calling On You vs Always There For You
-Like Calling, but I like Always There even more 1/1
3. Free vs Keep the Fire Burning
-Easy win for THWTD 2/1
4. Honestly vs I Believe in You
-Honestly is one of their best ballads, never cared much for I Believe In You 3/1
5. The Way vs Writing on the Wall
-The Way, no contest 4/1
6. Sing-Along-Song vs It's Up 2 U
-Not a big fan of either song, but IU2U is my least favorite Stryper song, so Sing Along Song by default 5/1
7. Holding On vs The World of You and I
-I actually like The World of You and I, Holding on is decent, but I'll give it to the latter 5/2
8. Rocking the World vs Come to the Everlife
-Again, dont really like either, but Rocking is Good enough for a point 6/2
9. All of Me vs Lonely
-Lonely is incredibly underrated, All of Me just sounds like extremely mellow Toto (and I LIKE Toto!) 6/3
10. More than a Man vs The Reign
-The Reign may be my fav track on IGWT, but More than a Man is my fav track on To Hell and is stronger 7/3
Winner: To Hell With the Devil
Hmm, not much of a battle here, maybe I should match up Murder by Pride and No more Hell to Pay for a stronger battle some other time.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust Empty Re: Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust

Post by eatbugs Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Interesting concept.  I agree with all of them.

I'd rather see Reborn vs. Murder by Pride and No More Hell to Pay vs. Fallen as matchups.  Really this is an interesting way to look at any two albums with the same number of tracks.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust Empty Re: Stryper album battle: To Hell with the Devil vs In God We Trust

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:08 am

1. To Hell With the Devil vs In God We Trust
-Got to give it to THWTD by a nose as I love both tracks 1/0
2. Calling On You vs Always There For You
-Like Calling, but I like Always There even more 1/1
3. Free vs Keep the Fire Burning
-Free is okay, but KTFB is one of my favorites 1/2
4. Honestly vs I Believe in You
-Honestly, while a good song, is so overplayed; I like I Believe In You 1/3
5. The Way vs Writing on the Wall
-This is brutal, as both are in my top 10 Stryper songs; give it to The Way due to better production 2/3
6. Sing-Along-Song vs It's Up 2 U
-I like both okay, but It's Up 2 U is better in my opinion 2/4
7. Holding On vs The World of You and I
-I love The World of You and I, while Holding on is decent 2/5
8. Rocking the World vs Come to the Everlife
-CTTE has to be Stryper's worst song ever! Rocking The World is solid 3/5
9. All of Me vs Lonely
-Lonely is incredibly underrated (agreed!), All of Me is too syrupy 3/6
10. More than a Man vs The Reign
-The Reign is good, but More than a Man is much stronger 4/6
Winner: In God We Trust
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:53 am

IGWT is underrated.  In many ways it is Stryper's pinnacle and I think MS kindof admitted it when he said he doesn't like to pay these songs because they're too hard.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am

Overall, THWTD is a stronger album but IGWT has its moments that is similar/on par with to or better than THWTD like the title track, Keep the Fire Burning, Writings on the Wall, World of You and I and Lonely.

I love the live version of Always There for You on the Live at the Whisky album. If the Writings on the Wall were recorded on today's production standard that would be a much heavier song.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down