The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction

+5
Soldier777
Follower of Jesus
Frozen Fire
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction  Empty Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 am

It would be great if these sold well and Girder got the ok to do even more.

I own these already, but I will still pick these up.

From an email via Boones Overstock:

6 NEW RELEASES
            PRE-ORDER THIS FRIDAY
                          All 6 will be available on CD and Vinyl.  CDs will be LimitedRunMusic.com and vinyl will be LimitedRunMusic.com
                          COMING ON CD & VINYL, THIS FRIDAY!!!   Petra - More Power To Ya
            (GIRDER) Petra - Beat The System
            (GIRDER) Petra - This Means War
            (GIRDER)             
            Modest Attraction - Get Ready (RETROACTIVE) Modest Attraction -The Truth In Your Face
            (RETROACTIVE) Modest Attraction -Divine Luxury
            (RETROACTIVE)
                          PETRA  Petra got it's start in 1972 as one of the pioneers of Christian Rock.  Now 20 albums later with 4 Grammys™ and 10 Dove Awards™, they are the Worlds Most Popular Christian Rock Band.  It didn't matter if you were listening to Believer and Deliverance or if you were into Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith, one thing is for certain you knew who Petra was.  Even Stryper fans would never enter into a debate or discussion on who the greatest was.  Although Stryper may have been large in the mainstream no one came close to PETRA in the Christian circuit selling 10 MILLION records and selling out large capacity arenas. Their impact was monstrous and their music was explosive These 3 albums rock like none other. More Power To Ya, Beat The System and This Means War have been completely remastered and will be available on CD August 13th and on Vinyl January 7th.  CDs will come with Trading Cards and all 3 colored Vinyl will come with posters. Petra has never been licensed to anyone for any reason so to say that we (I, Greg) am honored to have been given this opportunity with Capital and Universal Music Group, is an understatement.  I am so humbled and proud that they have entrusted these elite items into our hands.              
            WHO IS MODEST ATTRACTION & WHY IT MATTERS Christian Liljegren was in a little known Swedish melodic band in 1988 called Trinity.  From 1989-1991 he was in the classic hard rock band Borderline. Christian would go on to front the prolific world-famous metal band, Narnia. Narnia was the break out band, but from 1991-1996 Liljegren put out three monster hard rock/metal albums with the band Modest Attraction.  Modest Attraction was modern-styled hard rock and metal, but with a districtly 70's retro vibe.  Featuring not only Liljegren, the band also Includes members of Leviticus and Wisdom's Call.  With healthy doses of B3 organ (a favorite at Retroactive Records) the music is majestic, flashy, catchy, and melodic while hitting the sweet spot in all the right ways for fans of Narnia, Jerusalem, classic Deep Purple (think Machine Head), and Uriah Heep.  Long-out of print on CD and never before available on Vinyl - get ready for the retro-ride of your life!

Back to top Go down

Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction  Empty Re: Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:48 am

Hard pass. Picked up those Petra LPS some time ago.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction  Empty Re: Girder remastering several Petra albums, Retroactive releasing Modest Attraction

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:19 am

I have two of those Modest Attraction CDs from when they were first released.  I will have to check on the third.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 pm

I don't understand More Power To Ya and This Means War. Those were just rereleased as 30 and 25th anniversary releases just a few years ago. So many of their other albums are still harder to come by.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:36 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I don't understand More Power To Ya and This Means War. Those were just rereleased as 30 and 25th anniversary releases just a few years ago. So many of their other albums are still harder to come by.

A lot of people were unhappy with the sound on those two releases and are looking forward to hearing a better remaster.

I am sure Girder would have liked to have gotten more, but for now this was probably all they would allow him to do.

Hopefully it will work out and Girder can expand their offering

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:46 am

Bought4Life wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I don't understand More Power To Ya and This Means War. Those were just rereleased as 30 and 25th anniversary releases just a few years ago. So many of their other albums are still harder to come by.

A lot of people were unhappy with the sound on those two releases and are looking forward to hearing a better remaster.

I am sure Girder would have liked to have gotten more, but for now this was probably all they would allow him to do.

Interesting. I thought MOTY sounded fantastic. This Means War sounded too thin still but I figured that was a product of the times it was recorded in. I didn't realize so many were disappointed in them. This Means War isn't a favorite of mine anyway so that's a hard sell for me.

Like you said, hopefully others will pick them and a few more will be released. I'd like to see Not of this World and Never Say Die with some great packaging some day.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 am

Frozen Fire wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

Interesting. I thought MOTY sounded fantastic. This Means War sounded too thin still but I figured that was a product of the times it was recorded in. I didn't realize so many were disappointed in them. This Means War isn't a favorite of mine anyway so that's a hard sell for me.

Like you said, hopefully others will pick them and a few more will be released. I'd like to see Not of this World and Never Say Die with some great packaging some day.

Yeah, I have the original releases on CD and the reason I never ugraded to the two anniversary issues is because I had read so many reviews on websites that said they didn't really sound remastered at all, that they sounded just like the LP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 pm

This Means War is my favorite Petra album. It’s a nostalgic thing, though I think it ranks right up there with anything else they did. I’d be curious to hear a remastered version. I never thought the original sounded bad at all. The Elefante brothers were masters at production.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:31 am

Petra is one of my all time favorite bands from the 70s up to the mid 90s. From the mid 90s to early 2000s they were ok not the best. I really liked the Classic Petra era even though most of the music was rerecorded classic songs on Back to the Rock (2010/11) and Back to th Rock 2 (2017). It's a fresh approach to the classic songs. They are working on a new album with more original material. No matter the version of Petra, I will get their music until they stop all together. They are like the Rolling Stones of Christian or Classic Rock that never seem to stop.

I first got into Petra around the Beat the System period and in the summer of 1986 I bought Captured in Time and Space which was the first album I bought from them. I still think this is one of the best live albums of all time that rivals other live albums reeasrd in the mid 80s like Scorpions World Widw Live and Jerusalem in His Majesty's Service. 

I have More Power to Ya, Beat the System and This Means War on vinyl and CD original pressings. I'll likely sell those and get the reissues. If It's as good as the Rez reissues I will definitely get these.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Petra is also one of my all time favorite bands.

To my knowledge Washes Whiter Than and Never Say Die have never been issued in their entirety as individual CDs.  Those should be top priority for Petra reissues.  I also agree with Frozen Fire that Not of this World needs it.  I recently overpaid for a CD issue of it because it is so hard to find.  NOTW was the last one I got as a cassette as a kid and now CD as an adult because it was never around anywhere.

I'm going to definitely get the two of the three Modest Attraction CDs I don't have.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm

So, I just went and checked the samples. These Petra albums definitely sound a lot more vibrant with the remastered version. I will definitely be picking up This Means War, and I might get More Power to Ya. The bummer is that while they have opened pre-ordering, the albums don’t get released until January!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:So, I just went and checked the samples. These Petra albums definitely sound a lot more vibrant with the remastered version. I will definitely be picking up This Means War, and I might get More Power to Ya. The bummer is that while they have opened pre-ordering, the albums don’t get released until January!

Glad I buy only CDs. CDs come out in August

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 pm

eatbugs wrote:Petra is also one of my all time favorite bands.

To my knowledge Washes Whiter Than and Never Say Die have never been issued in their entirety as individual CDs.  Those should be top priority for Petra reissues.  I also agree with Frozen Fire that Not of this World needs it.  I recently overpaid for a CD issue of it because it is so hard to find.  NOTW was the last one I got as a cassette as a kid and now CD as an adult because it was never around anywhere.

I'm going to definitely get the two of the three Modest Attraction CDs I don't have.

I believe Never Say Die was actually complete on the Washes Whiter Than / Never Say Die cd release. Both songs that were cut for space purposes were from Washes Whiter Than.

As for Modest Attraction, I gave the samples a listen but I have never liked Christian Liljegren's voice on any project or band he has been in, and it didn't take long to see that this wasn't going to be any different here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Petra is one of my all time favorite bands from the 70s up to the mid 90s. From the mid 90s to early 2000s they were ok not the best. I really liked the Classic Petra era even though most of the music was rerecorded classic songs on Back to the Rock (2010/11) and Back to th Rock 2 (2017). It's a fresh approach to the classic songs. They are working on a new album with more original material. No matter the version of Petra, I will get their music until they stop all together. They are like the Rolling Stones of Christian or Classic Rock that never seem to stop.

I first got into Petra around the Beat the System period and in the summer of 1986 I bought Captured in Time and Space which was the first album I bought from them. I still think this is one of the best live albums of all time that rivals other live albums reeasrd in the mid 80s like Scorpions World Widw Live and Jerusalem in His Majesty's Service. 

I have More Power to Ya, Beat the System and Thiis Means War on vinyl and CD original pressings. I'll likely sell those and get the reissues. If It's as good as the Rez reissues I will definitely get these.

For some reason, when I upgrade to a new remaster for an 80's release, I like to keep the original also. Not sure if it is for nostalgia or if I just like having the original way it sounded available to me

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Bought4Life wrote:

I believe Never Say Die was actually complete on the Washes Whiter Than / Never Say Die cd release. Both songs that were cut for space purposes were from Washes Whiter Than.

As for Modest Attraction, I gave the samples a listen but I have never liked Christian Liljegren's voice on any project or band he has been in, and it didn't take long to see that this wasn't going to be any different here.

I didn't know that about the double release.  Either way, that's why I didn't get it.

I think that Christian Liljegren comment belongs in the "Unorthodox Opinions" thread.  LOL

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:19 pm

I have the original Petra CDs and will just keep those.

I have two of the three Modest Attraction CDs.  I will have to look to see which ones I have and will order the third.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:20 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

I didn't know that about the double release.  Either way, that's why I didn't get it.

I think that Christian Liljegren comment belongs in the "Unorthodox Opinions" thread.  LOL

lol!

Yep, I definitely realize I am a zebra in a world of horses with that belief... 

At least I didn't criticize his talent or say he isn't good...I understand it is my personal tastes as to why I don't like his voice and not due to his ability.

(I say this as I duck the eggs and tomatoes being thrown my way... Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 pm

I understand this completely.  This is how I try to phrase my dislikes (if I say them at all).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

lol!

Yep, I definitely realize I am a zebra in a world of horses with that belief... 

At least I didn't criticize his talent or say he isn't good...I understand it is my personal tastes as to why I don't like his voice and not due to his ability.

(I say this as I duck the eggs and tomatoes being thrown my way... Razz)

To be honest, I can respect someone saying they don't like something and even why.  I have had to learn the hard way over the years to not say "so-and-so band sucks".  Instead, if you can state that you don't like something and explain why you dislike it, people seem to be okay with that.  Trust me--everyone that has posted here for very long knows I don't like really long songs due to having A.D.D.  I used to joke and say I had "musical A.D.D.", but then I found out I really had it.  Also, everyone knows I don't like really harsh vocal styles and that I think they are very monotone to me.  When I started telling people these things, they might joke about them, but at least I didn't get flack for my opinions.

So, you not liking Christian's voice is okay, man.  All musical tastes are relative to the listener or we all would be listening to the same things.  You not caring for this band just saves a CD for someone who does, right?  It's all good!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:54 am

I've been listening to With More Power To Ya and This Means War! the past week trying figure out how they could sound that much better with another remaster to warrant another purchase.  I can't hear a reason. The mix is fantastic, clear, the bass has a nice punch to it, the volume is good and the packaging has already been updated with bonus tracks.

Listening to Beat The System, it also sounds great, even without a remaster. It's so "electronic" it doesn't really have anything to improve on. It might be nice to have the booklet updated from the original CD release. Yet, it's an odd release for me. Half of it is amazing, another few songs are pretty good and others are some of the worst songs in my entire music collection (Witch Hunt, and to a lesser degree the re-remake of God Gave Rock and Roll To You and Computer Brains). I still may get this one for the packaging update though.

Like someone mentioned, hoping these spur on further reissues for others that are needed. Also fantastic for those who could never hunt down a CD. I paid a more notable price for a number of their albums while trying to complete the collection years ago.

Glad for this post though because I'll definitely pick up the two Modest Attraction full-lengths. The demo collection album is not for me though. I really didn't like the song posted.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 am

Modest Attraction sounds pretty cool. I'd love to find some more Christian acts that are reminiscent of old Deep Purple.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm

That would definitely be cool.
I find Christian to be okay, his Audiovision stuff is my favorite by him but I do get worn out on his voice.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:59 am

To answer the above question about Washes White Than and Never Say Die, I have a very good pressing of both on vinyl. I also have the CD where both ar eon the same CD that has all the songs of both on it except for Couldn't Find Love Without You and Magic Words. As far as I know these were never released individually on CD. I had all of the Petra CDs from On Fire to their current releases and started getting their older releases around 2003 and over the next few years before prices went up. On ebay the price range of some of their older albums are:

Washes White Than/Never Say Dis: $18 to $132
More Power to Ya: $43 to $106
Not of This world: $41 to $80
Beat the System: $25 to $102
Captured $30 to $35
Back to the Street $25 to $124
This Means War $14 to $70
On Fire$20 to $125
Petra Praise $15 to $33
Beyond Belief $7 to $46
Unseen Power $6to $26
Wake Up Call $7 to $53
No Doubt $4 to $20
We Needed Jesus $3 to $58

Any new fans or regular fans that want to upgrade from cassette to CD can get their releases after 1986 at reasonable prices. Any Petra releases 1986 and earlier gets expensive. I'm glad I upgraded to CD before the prices went up. I have all their CDs and everything on vinyl from the debut to This Means War except for Come and Join Us and Capture live album which I'm currently looking for. I ordered all 3 Girder reissues on CD and vinyl. It's great they are doing this to make prices more affordable for fans who don't have these releases. I'd like to see them do Washes White Than and Never Say Die in the future. These are killer albums too. My favorite period of Petra are from the 70s up to the mid 90s and the current Classic Petra period.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:41 pm

I have not been able to get into Petra as they seemed too soft for my tastes, but I've been trying to give some more stuff in the "Hard Rock" category a chance lately. I picked up Never Say Die, More Power To Ya, Not of This World, and Beat the System original LPs for $5 each. I don't think I'll be interested in re-issues unless they blow me away.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 am

That's about what I shelled out for mine, Son of Nun. I'm good.  Girder and Matthew Hunt have already made enough coin off me this year, lol.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next