The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds

+5
Livna
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
MikeInFla
eatbugs
9 posters

Go down

Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds  Empty Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:15 pm

https://girdermusic.com/collections/idle-cure

Special Pre-Order Price of $12.99ea $64 for the 5 CD bundle. Limited to first 100

Release Date Mid-December (before Christmas)

2019 Legends of Rock

Remastered and Reloaded with Lyrics and Photos

6 page fold-out in a Jewel Case

For Fans of Christian Rock, Arena Rock, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Whiteheart, Angelica, Fighter and Shout

All five IDLE CURE albums have been remastered and will come packaged in a jewel case with 6 panel fold-out.  

Get ready to crank the volume. Maybe you have seen it - but Idle Cure’s picture is in the dictionary for “ear candy” for a reason. Sweet harmonies, slick production, razor sharp guitars, huge hooks, and spot on vocals are enhanced beyond perfection.  Get these classic reissues while you can and you'll also enjoy the bonus song BREAK OUT OF THE NIGHT. More on that below.

Idle Cure was an arena rock band from southern California and was similar to bands such as Def Leppard, Foreigner, Loverboy, Night Ranger, Journey, Shout, Degarmo and Key and Whiteheart.

Before the famous self-titled album IDLE CURE dropped in 1986, Chuck King (guitarist) and Mark Ambrose (guitarist) and Steve Shannon (vocals) were in a band called EDEN. The band recorded a hit song, “Break out of the Night” for the Back to The Rock #2 compilation in 1983. That song was written by Roger Charles.  The beginnings of Idle Cure actually started with Roger's band SOJOURN back in 1979, and included Mark Ambrose and Steve Shannon.  Eden recorded their first songs in the John Elefante Studio. Mark Ambrose led John Elefante to the Lord.  When Sojourn (pre-Eden) went on tour and their current guitarist couldn't travel with them, they asked Chuck King (who went on to play with Shout) to play guitar. Sojourn fell apart. Chuck and Roger Charles stayed together and started the band Eden. The singer couldn't sing the high notes, so Roger Charles called Steve Shannon at 10pm that night and Steve came over and recorded the song for the Back to the Rock #2 compilation. It was the only song ever recorded by the band and is now included as the 10th song on this album.Idle Cure was born.

In 1986, Idle Cure launched their self-titled album on the then newly formed Frontline Records. The response was both remarkable, and immediate. “Breakaway” was a runaway hit on major Christian Rock radio stations and could have fit perfectly on Def Leppard's Pyromania album.  All the members played in previous mainstream bands which explains why they were able to build that arena rock sound.

By 1990 Idle Cure was dominating rock radio with their more produced second album TOUGH LOVE (1988) but scored big with “Pray” a stadium rocker from their quasi metal album 2ND AVENUE (1990). It was the #1 song for the entire year. INSIDE OUT was recorded in 1991. ECLIPSE (1994) was the bands last album but it's also their heaviest loaded with guitar solos. It absolutely Eclipses their previous releases without abandoning their signature rockin' sound. Eclipse is amazing performance by a legendary group. If you've never this one, it's probably because it was released independently in 1994 with little to no distribution. It starts right off with "What's Your Point of View" a little bit of AC/DC guitar vibe and then smacks you in the face with that rockin' Idle Cure thunderous sound. It's tough, it's bad, it's scream, it's hot.

The bonus song by the band Eden, break out of the night will be included on their Self Titled album.

Back to top Go down

Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds  Empty Re: Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I ordered mine already. I have the original release of their s/t cd, but getting all 5 remastered for $64 plus only $5 shipping was too good to pass up.

Back to top Go down

Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds  Empty Re: Girder releasing remasters of all 5 Idle Cure cds

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:34 am

At last!  It's hard to find the s/t at a decent price anywhere.

I'll get 2-3, depending on how much I want to spend to replace my 2nd Avenue tape.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:32 am

I never could get into them back in the day. However as I get older I am more open to different styles. Back then if it wasn't metal I wasn't interested. Need to go watch some YouTube videos of them and listen. If I like what I hear I'll order one or two.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 am

I love Idle Cure! But their original albums sound fine to me. I’m not gonna purchase new versions. But I think it’s cool for people who don’t have them or never heard them to get a chance.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:42 am

Good price if you don't have these.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:But I think it’s cool for people who don’t have them or never heard them to get a chance.

I agree exactly and this applies to me.  This is how I feel about most issues.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:01 am

I had the first tape. There was one good song on it. I think the song was called Break Away.  The rest of the cassette wasn’t really my thing
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Finally...I love Idle Cure, and to this day, I only have 2nd avenue on cd and eclipse as digital album. The other I have it as that double cd of KMG release. 

I am in such an expense control here, but I will try to get these albums. I am interested to know what can this remasters do in terms of sounding quality.

The original mix isn't awful, but it can be upgraded, undoubtedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:17 am

They need to slow their roll on these reissues.  I can't keep up financially.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:15 am

I think they're doing it before all interest dies out. We ain't getting any younger.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:I think they're doing it before all interest dies out. We ain't getting any younger.

That is a very good point.

Another reason (along the same thought process) is that the content owners are getting older and increasingly harder to find too, and if you don't grab the rights now you may never get another chance later

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:28 am

I just found their albums on Amazon Prime and they are a free download. I downloaded the "Breakaways" compilation. That will give me an idea of what they are like because it covers all the albums. If I like it I'll order the re-issues.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:27 pm

I may get this. I have all the 5 originals. I gave bought reissues this past year and sold the originals. I'm sure I'll have no trouble selling the Idle Cure originals. There are other albums that have a higher priority like Michael Sweet Ten, Zion reissue and the vinyl for Angelica, Shout, Deliverance and Impellitteri Nature of the Beast.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 pm

If anyone wants to preview Idle Cure, I posted a public playlist on Spotify.  

Just do a search for Idle Cure, and it is called "Best Of Idle Cure."  

I curated it from all their albums.  I think they were a really good band for the style they play.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 am

Finally ordered these. I guess I was just in the mood for them. Been listening to black and death metal for a solid month and I guess the summer prompted some big hooks. Cool

I had Inside Out before and thought it was alright. Listening to 2nd Avenue and Tough Love now and really enjoying both. Funny how these guys sound like Danger Danger did on their debut to my ears. Massive hooks, great vocals, slick production and light hard rock. It makes that first Nouveaux, with all those elements plus the similar big backing vocals, sound like Idle Cure. I had Nouveaux way before Idle Cure. I missed these guys completely originally. Glad to have them out. They were all $10 over the weekend with free shipping.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:58 pm

I bought them when they came out because I did not have their first two CDs and one of the others I had was missing inserts when I got it. So, it was just about as cheap to bundle and get all five than it was to buy the three I wanted.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down