The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG

+2
eatbugs
Follower of Jesus
6 posters

Go down

Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG Empty Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:35 pm

https://girdermusic.com/blogs/music-news/jag-the-best-unappreciated-aor-hard-rock-band-of-the-90s  

I am honestly torn on whether I want this or not, but it definitely is a unique undertaking to release these 4. Definitely not your run of the mill reissues.

Back to top Go down

Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG Empty Re: Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG

Post by eatbugs Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 am

I have all three JAG releases on cassette.  I may upgrade with this and will definitely get the solo CD, which I didn't know existed.

They definitely have a strong White Heart vibe (Billy Smiley influence) and many of the WH band members played on JAG releases.  If you get just one, I like Only World In Town the best.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG Empty Re: Girder releasing 4 remastered and reloaded cds from 90's band JAG

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:57 am

I'm not sure how it is that I've never even heard of this band, but I haven't. They sound decent.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I'm not sure how it is that I've never even heard of this band, but I haven't. They sound decent.

Nobody has heard of them.  Even I only found each of the cassettes on the bargain/clearance rack at a Christian bookstore.  I never saw them on the actual music rack ever.  It's sad because they are good.  Like the Girder site says, "Had these albums been released five years earlier, in the mid 80's they would have been all over the radio and the band would have played main stage at all the Christian rock festivals."  Very true.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

primemover777 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:29 pm

I had their first two albums on cassette many years ago.  The rockers were good, but the ballads far outnumbered them.  These are more in line with D&K or the most mellow Whiteheart albums.  I think I am skipping these.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:58 pm

I have always liked the "Fire In The Temple" album best.   
It has some very well-written songs like "Stand By Love" and "Two Worlds Collide."

"The Only World In Town" has some good songs too, like "Reasons" and "The Other Side."

However, like alldatndensum said, there are a bit too many ballads or otherwise tepid fare on the albums for my tastes.  
I think if they had pooled all their best tracks into 1 or 2 albums they would have been killer.  
If you generally like Liason or Whiteheart, this band might be up your alley.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Too many ballads is definitely true of The Longest Road (although "Highest Place" is my favorite song by them).

"Two Worlds Collide" is on The Only World In Town, not Fire in the Temple, which is part of why The Only World In Town is my favorite.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Not bad but like people said, too many ballads and they are the kind of meh ballads. Whiteheart did it so much better.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:14 pm

I ordered two of these albums. I listened to a couple of songs on YouTube, and while at first I didn’t think they were anything that special, I already couldn’t get one out of my head. For me, that’s the mark of a great song. I really love Whiteheart too, so the softer ballady type songs don’t bother me.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

primemover777, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:13 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I ordered two of these albums. I listened to a couple of songs on YouTube, and while at first I didn’t think they were anything that special, I already couldn’t get one out of my head. For me, that’s the mark of a great song. I really love Whiteheart too, so the softer ballady type songs don’t bother me.

Which ones and which song(s) out of curiosity?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:47 pm

The songs were Sense of Wonder and 40 Watt City.

I ordered The Only World in Town and Fire in the Temple.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Good choices Follower of Jesus.  "Sense of Wonder" is one of their better ballads.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by primemover777 Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Constantine wrote:I have always liked the "Fire In The Temple" album best.   
It has some very well-written songs like "Stand By Love" and "Two Worlds Collide."

"The Only World In Town" has some good songs too, like "Reasons" and "The Other Side."

However, like alldatndensum said, there are a bit too many ballads or otherwise tepid fare on the albums for my tastes.  
I think if they had pooled all their best tracks into 1 or 2 albums they would have been killer.  
If you generally like Liason or Whiteheart, this band might be up your alley.
Yeah Two Worlds Collide is awesome, 40 Watt City was always a fav of mine, the first album is great but it's more soft rock than anything.
primemover777
primemover777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down