The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out

+2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
6 posters

Go down

Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out Empty Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am

Not a fan, but didn't know if anyone here would be interested.

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/fighter-the-waiting-demos  

FIGHTER - THE WAITING + DEMOS (CD) 2019 LEGENDS OF ROCK
REMASTERED by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound
Includes RipStream - Free Digital Downloads (delivered on release day)
8 Panel Jewel Case with Photos, Band History and Lyrics
Legends of Rock Series

Billy Heller guitars, bass
Mark Pence keyboards, drum programming
Sean Murphy  drums, acoustic guitars, background vocals
Amy Wolter lead, background vocals
Jim Wolter bass, background vocals

Tracks
1. Look Me in the Eye 3:58
2. Wishful Thinking 4:15
3. Shadows 3:21
4. Face to Face 4:19
5. Star One 4:50
6. Do What You Want 3:51
7. Running the Race 4:25
8. Nice Guy 3:32
9. The Waiting 3:13
10. Radio Man 4:47
11. Stop Look Listen 3:57

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/fighter-bang-the-drum-cd-2019-legends-of-rock

FIGHTER - BANG THE DRUM (CD) 2019 LEGENDS OF ROCK

• REMASTERED by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound

• Includes RipStream - Free Digital Downloads (delivered on release day)

• 8 Panel Jewel Case with Photos, Band History and Lyrics

• Legends of Rock Series

Fighter was a Melodic AOR Christian Rock band that began around 1986 releasing 2 albums in the early 90's.  Fighters first album THE WAITING was released in 1991 and BANG THE DRUM was released in 1992.  Vocals were handle both by Amy Wolter and Sean Murphy.  They played area style rock with hooks and melodies that rocked.  Dual vocals proved to work great for them and provided dynamics not seen by a lot of other bands.  Kiss is one of the few bands that comes to mind that share lead vocals. 
Both albums have been completely remastered and sound better than ever and will include bonus tracks along with their original demo. 
Billy Heller guitars, bass
Mark Pence keyboards, drum programming
Sean Murphy lead and background vocals, drums, acoustic guitars
Amy Wolter lead and background vocals
Jim Wolter bass

Tracks
1. Time Out 
2. Alone With You 
3. Bang the Drum 
4. When Will We Learn 
5. Faithfully 
6. Avalanche 
7. Try 
8. So Much to Learn 
9. Without You 
10. Your Hand 
11. Where Can Love Be Found

Back to top Go down

Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out Empty Re: Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 am

What are the demos they are offering?  I have the originals and will most likely stay with those unless the bonus tracks were really good.  If they are songs we've never heard, I'd get them.  Otherwise, I will keep my own remastered versions.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out Empty Re: Girder has 2 remastered Fighter cds coming out

Post by Staybrite Sat May 25, 2019 11:41 am

Between Girder, Roxx and Retroactive/Boone these are coming out faster than I can afford to keep up with them.
Seriously thinking about not even buying most of the reissues, especially if I already have the original on cd.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat May 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:Between Girder, Roxx and Retroactive/Boone these are coming out faster than I can afford to keep up with them.

Ditto.

I don't have The Waiting so I'll probably get that.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:01 am

Actually, there are 3 Fighter CDs: Fighter, Bang the Drum, demos and the Amy Woller solo album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:18 pm

I wanted the demos album until I saw the track listing. No already have the songs from the Fighter debut.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:03 am

What am I missing with this band?

They are constantly listed in hard rock / metal categories, but every sample I have heard from them sounds softer than Petra circa More Power To Ya or Never Say Die.

Am I just picking the wrong tracks  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:17 am

Soldier777 wrote:Actually, there are 3 Fighter CDs: Fighter, Bang the Drum, demos and the Amy Woller solo album.
The Waiting
Bang The Drum
Demos

Yeah, I didn't count the demos cd, and the Woller album wasn't listed at the time.

I listened to some samples...I can safely say I am not a fan

Last edited by Bought4Life on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 am

Yeah, not my thing either for any of it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 am

I'm not a fan either. I had the debut and I sold it a few years ago.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:07 pm

I first heard this band about a year ago but didn't listen to their full albums until now.   I find them overall to be surprisingly decent 80's-style melodic AOR / arena rock.   Not very original, but done well and enjoyable.  They have some good song-writing and hooks, excellent musicianship, and strong vocals from both Amy Wolter and Sean Murphy, who trade off as well as sing some duets.

Although the albums came out originally in 1991 and 1992, there is a very distinctive 80's flavor.  So if you appreciate 80's AOR or arena rock, you probably will like Fighter.  Otherwise, you may not.

The 2019 remaster / reissue of "The Waiting" includes a 4-song demo, along with an 8 page booklet with photos, lyrics and band history.  The demo contains the following songs:  Radio Man, Face to Face, (which were later re-recorded and put on The Waiting) and Leo and Irresponsible Evil, which were only sold at concerts.

The 2019 reissue / remaster of "Bang The Drum" has the same type of booklet plus 3 unreleased tracks:  Through Your Eye, Fighting Fire with Fire, and Jamie.

Some of the band's songs are bland and not very distinctive.  Others are more interesting and or rock harder.  "Bang The Drum" is the heavier of the two albums.   It features some really ripping guitar work from Billy Heller, who played on both albums.  He was more restrained on "The Waiting" but on "Bang The Drum" he really lets loose.   Although like with Neal Schon in Journey, his solos are shorter than one would like.

If you are looking for the harder songs, I would say check out Bang The Drum, Try, Avalanche, When Will We Learn, and Where Love Can Be Found.  
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:29 am

Girder has a lot of stuff 90% off now. Some decent deals if you check out their site. A lot of it I have never heard of but it is worth looking at.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:47 am

I guess I picked the originals up on cassette when they first came out.  I felt they were on par with bands like Heart and Journey.  If you only like heavier bands, they wouldn't be for you.  Seeing that I enjoy this kind of rock too, I enjoy these releases still today.

I bought the remastered versions because of the bonus tracks.  For bonus tracks, these were done well as they were decent demo recordings of songs we'd never heard before by the band.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down