The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

+14
Dustofyears
Son of Nun
crucifyd
Constantine
xMetalMarkx
Deadpool
mothy
CrimsonWarrior
a_donkey-named-kevin
jaydeecrawson
Sevenoneself
TZ75
Pethead
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... Empty Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... Fb_img13
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... Empty Re: Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:49 pm

I hope it does well for them, but I doubt I'll buy it again. I like the album, but not enough to buy another copy even if the sound quality is improved. But this will give those who don't have it a great chance to get it!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... Empty Re: Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Any chance of a “voiceless” instrumental version? Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

crucifyd, Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:55 pm

I rarely order CD's anymore. But I've been dreaming of a re-mastered Nonexistent for years!!!!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:09 pm

since it's a re-mix, I'll definitely buy it! Can't wait!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself and a_donkey-named-kevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by a_donkey-named-kevin Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:41 am

Yeah, A re-mix could make it sound like a new album, it'll be interesting to see what has changed.

a_donkey-named-kevin
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:14 pm

I enjoy this album a lot (it gives me Mortification Scrolls vibes but with really weird/interesting vocals) and I'm curious to see what a remaster would do for it.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 am

I will monitor this to see what the consensus is after release. I also hope they do the same with Inhabit.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Gr!!!! It will cost $54 Canadian for me to purchase this. I already came out publicly and said I was buying this no matter what!! Gr!!!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:43 pm

They should have a audio sample available to compare the difference in sound quality. 

That’s what the Crucified did when they remixed The Pillars of Humanity.

Last edited by TZ75 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Gr!!!! It will cost $54 Canadian for me to purchase this. I already came out publicly and said I was buying this no matter what!! Gr!!!!
YIKES
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:They should have a audio sample available to compare the difference in sound quality. 

That’s what the Crucified did when they remixed The Pillars of Humanity.
I don't blame Nordic for this at all; Christian metal is a niche market and it costs money to re-mix and re-master. It's a service to people like us and they will only do it if customers buy the product. Also, they're half-way across the world and it costs money to ship. Also, Canada's economy is sucking it right now so the exchange rate to US is killing us as well.

I'm just complaining. In reality, I've wasted alot more than $50 on stupid stuff. And to me, this isn't stupid stuff. I just have to sit on this for a bit and make sure I choose to afford it at this time when inflation is making it more costly to put kids through college and feed a family.

Edit: this is one of the times when I'd value an option to purchase digitally. But I this discussion goes beyond issues like this.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:57 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Gr!!!! It will cost $54 Canadian for me to purchase this. I already came out publicly and said I was buying this no matter what!! Gr!!!!

It must be backbreaking work for the post office to deliver that 2-3 ounce CD. LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:09 pm

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... I-was-wrong-0b1be8d90b
OK, I'm an idiot! I had accidently put 2 CD's in the cart!! After I ranted and raved about the exorbitant fees, it was my mistake all along!

It's going to actually cost me only $34. I just pre-ordered! First physical CD i've ordered in awhile, but I am a huge fan of this album!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Lex Metalis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:40 pm

I've always wanted to like this album, but the mix was so, just, wrong, that I could never really get that into it.

Especially with the fact that D.J. was doing this weird Zombie--from--the--swamp--acid--drinking--victim--vocal style that was neither death metal nor grindcore nor metalcore nor.....well I guess it was kind of a precursor to everything "Mumble" really.

Anyway I didn't much care for it, especially since it was WAY hot in the mix and tended to drown out the music at times. 

So a re-mix of an album--that desperately called for a re-mix-- was intriguing. And after hearing snippets of it in an online ad, I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the CD (the vinyl is available as well for those of you who have to have that), due out late November.

But with that came the MP3 download (320), which I was able to get immediately. 

From what I understand on the website, they went back to the original 2 inch tape and just re-constructed the whole flippin' thing.

First listen to the download tells me that they got it right this time. Much more well blended and the music is more physically moving now.
Drums sit way better in the mix as do the vocals. The riffs are more pronounced and punchier too. 

It's also very well re-mastered, without being too brick-walled.

I mean yeah, it's thicker for sure, but it's not digitally crushed and splattered all over the place.
I don't know what the DR value is, but I'd guess somewhere around 07--09.

So yeah, if you've been on the fence about this album as I have always been, I think that you will appreciate what they've done with it.

It has a new life and I sense that it's going to get far more spins than in the past.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick, TZ75, Son of Nun and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:52 pm

Deadpool wrote:I've always wanted to like this album, but the mix was so, just, wrong, that I could never really get that into it.

Especially with the fact that D.J. was doing this weird Zombie--from--the--swamp--acid--drinking--victim--vocal style that was neither death metal nor grindcore nor metalcore nor.....well I guess it was kind of a precursor to everything "Mumble" really.

Anyway I didn't much care for it, especially since it was WAY hot in the mix and tended to drown out the music at times. 

So a re-mix of an album--that desperately called for a re-mix-- was intriguing. And after hearing snippets of it in an online ad, I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the CD (the vinyl is available as well for those of you who have to have that), due out late November.

From what I understand on the website, they went back to the original 2 inch tape and just re-constructed the whole flippin' thing.

First listen to the download tells me that they got it right this time. Much more well blended and the music is more physically moving now.
Drums sit way better in the mix as do the vocals. The riffs are more pronounced and punchier too. 

I mean yeah, it's thicker for sure, but it's not digitally crushed and splattered all over the place.

So yeah, if you've been on the fence about this album as I have always been, I think that you will appreciate what they've done with it.

It has a new life and I sense that it's going to get far more spins than in the past.
This makes me even more excited! Where did you find the mp3 downloads? If you're reight, I should be able to access them as well.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:59 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:

This makes me even more excited! Where did you find the mp3 downloads? If you're reight, I should be able to access them as well.
 It was sent to me in an email, from something called SendOwl downloads.

I actually didn't know what it was until I opened it. But I suspected, because it showed up right after placing my order. 

Yeah you should have gotten that too, maybe check the date of your order and then look in your emails for something from them on that date?

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:12 pm

Deadpool wrote:I've always wanted to like this album, but the mix was so, just, wrong, that I could never really get that into it.

Thanks for the info! 

I like the way you described the vocals as a Zombie that swallowed acid. I always thought it was similar to a cat coughing up a hairball. LOL

I’m waiting to hear a sample online before I decide to buy it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

a_donkey-named-kevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:15 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Thanks for the info! 

I like the way you described the vocals as a Zombie that swallowed acid. I always thought it was similar to a cat coughing up a hairball. LOL

Sure!

This might help:

https://fb.watch/fFOHDty5kO/

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:17 pm

Deadpool wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:

I actually didn't know what it was until I opened it. But I suspected, because it showed up right after placing my order. 

Yeah you should have gotten that too, maybe check the date of your order and then look in your emails for something from them on that date?
You ordered from Nordic? I am assuming it's the only place to get it. I haven't gotten anything from SendOwl yet, I'll keep an eye on my emails and junk emails. Thanks Deadpool, I'm pretty stoked (if you hadn't noticed!!!)!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Deadpool wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:

You ordered from Nordic? I am assuming it's the only place to get it. I haven't gotten anything from SendOwl yet, I'll keep an eye on my emails and junk emails. Thanks Deadpool, I'm pretty stoked (if you hadn't noticed!!!)!!
Yeah, no that's cool man. I was pretty excited about this too, so much so that I ordered a day after seeing that ad.
And I NEVER order re-issues of anything (well, full transparency, I did get the Pillars remix which was indeed an improvement).

But I'm really not into the whole "collecting things I already have" thing.

Unlike some, I don't necessarily consider albums "holy" and untouchable. Remixes can be great and are very warranted in some cases because some records had great music but were just rushed out at the time without being given the proper attention.
And this was a case of an album that I heard so much potential in back in the day, but my ears were just screaming to hear it mixed right.
And seeing that, now, decades later someone has taken up to do just that (which isn't a cheap venture btw), I just thought this is something I really want to get my hands on. Because so much of the music on Nonexistent is just monster.

But to (finally) answer your question, actually I ordered from the LS home page.

https://livingsacrifice.manheadmerch.com

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Deadpool wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Thanks for the info! 

Sure!

This might help:

https://fb.watch/fFOHDty5kO/

I couldn’t hear the vocals in this sample clip, but the clarity and volume is a lot more prominent.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:29 pm

I find it somewhat curious that DJ's vocals are now mixed with a fair amount of reverb, but I'm OK with it.  It's a trip to hear this album with warm, audible bass.  The difference between the old and new mixes of "Void Expression" is night and day in that respect.  The whole presentation sounds big and heavy but 'breathes' more in a less claustrophobic mix.  "Without Distinction" rages even harder than before, and the reclamation of "Desolate" for inclusion here is icing on a delicious metal cake, IMHO.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Deadpool and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Deadpool and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next