The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

+14
Dustofyears
Son of Nun
crucifyd
Constantine
xMetalMarkx
Deadpool
mothy
CrimsonWarrior
a_donkey-named-kevin
jaydeecrawson
Sevenoneself
TZ75
Pethead
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... - Page 4 Empty Re: Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:I'm in the minority here.  I don't care for the remastering at all.  The original is one of the best-sounding death metal albums to me.  I love the low end on it.  It always sounded so resonant, warm, haunting, and powerful.  I used to fall asleep to it in college.  The new version is cold, thin, and abrasive.  It's clearer, sure, but that's not what I like in death metal.  I don't think I would care for this album at all if it had come out with this cold mix originally.  Just a preference, but I'm glad I still have the original to listen to!
Right on Honcho. There is nothing wrong with the original. Would like to hear the remaster just to see what's up, but I am happy with my copy EXCEPT that for some reason the chanting book end of the album has been snipped for some reason, unless I imagined it was there...

If you missed it earlier in the thread, I did a short comparison video on YouTube. 

had another listen to this remix comparison. It's atrocious! I could do this on Audacity. I mean it was bad enough they went all metalcore but did they have to destroy one of the greatest and most unique death metal albums around... $$$ they've ripped the guts out of it and left a tin shed blaring through the smallest set of tiny headphones you could possibly imagine. How could anyone like this?
Did you listen to it on a few different devices: cell, headphones, computer speakers, car stereo? I found that the Re-master sounded better on speakers that had a broader EQ response and were higher quality; on a cell phone there was no decipherable difference. 

Seeing they already sent to the trouble of re-mixing it (and not simply remastering), I think they should have put more effort and exploration into it--updated trigger samples for the kick drum, bold EQ moves for the bass gtr, thickening up the rhythm guitars with doubling effects, etc. I love this album so much I may try this in the future just for my own enjoyment.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon... - Page 4 Empty Re: Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent (remixed and remastered) coming soon...

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:18 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:I'm in the minority here.  I don't care for the remastering at all.  The original is one of the best-sounding death metal albums to me.  I love the low end on it.  It always sounded so resonant, warm, haunting, and powerful.  I used to fall asleep to it in college.  The new version is cold, thin, and abrasive.  It's clearer, sure, but that's not what I like in death metal.  I don't think I would care for this album at all if it had come out with this cold mix originally.  Just a preference, but I'm glad I still have the original to listen to!
Right on Honcho. There is nothing wrong with the original. Would like to hear the remaster just to see what's up, but I am happy with my copy EXCEPT that for some reason the chanting book end of the album has been snipped for some reason, unless I imagined it was there...

If you missed it earlier in the thread, I did a short comparison video on YouTube. 

had another listen to this remix comparison. It's atrocious! I could do this on Audacity. I mean it was bad enough they went all metalcore but did they have to destroy one of the greatest and most unique death metal albums around... $$$ they've ripped the guts out of it and left a tin shed blaring through the smallest set of tiny headphones you could possibly imagine. How could anyone like this?
Did you listen to it on a few different devices: cell, headphones, computer speakers, car stereo? I found that the Re-master sounded better on speakers that had a broader EQ response and were higher quality; on a cell phone there was no decipherable difference. 

Seeing they already sent to the trouble of re-mixing it (and not simply remastering), I think they should have put more effort and exploration into it--updated trigger samples for the kick drum, bold EQ moves for the bass gtr, thickening up the rhythm guitars with doubling effects, etc. I love this album so much I may try this in the future just for my own enjoyment.
well most music sounds fairly normal through my headphones and the original sounds like it should... so going by those bearings... I'm not sure what others here are hearing but to my ears this is terrible and tiny and the depth and atmosphere, gone, at least through my headphones anyway. Might be lost in translation somehow as most are saying it's great so dunno...Thanks for sharing it, very interesting.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4