The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records

3 posters

Go down

Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records Empty Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Very excited about this....very surprised that there wasn't a post about it already

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/angelica-rock-stock-and-barrel-new-cd-2019

Back to top Go down

Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records Empty Re: Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:42 pm

I already have it or I’d snap it up. My favorite Angelica album!!!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records Empty Re: Angelica "Rock Stock and Barrel" gets a remastered release..finally..on Girder records

Post by eatbugs Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:My favorite Angelica album!!!

Really???  How so?  (this is genuine curiosity, not sarcasm)

It's the only Angelica album I DON'T have.  I know a few songs from the greatest hits compilation and they just don't strike me like anything off the first two.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 am

It’s part music related and part nostalgia. I like their first album and I really like Time Is All It Takes. I like Rob Rock, but I tend to think he’s a bit overrated. Drew Bacca was a fantastic singer and perfectly fit the music Cameron was writing and playing, far more than Rock. I don’t know who sang on the second album, but I didn’t care for his voice much at all. To me, RS&B is where it all came together.

Then, on the nostalgia side, this was the first album by them that I ever had, and I listened to it a lot back in the day. It was years later until I heard the first album or Walkin in Faith.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:It’s part music related and part nostalgia. I like their first album and I really like Time Is All It Takes. I like Rob Rock, but I tend to think he’s a bit overrated. Drew Bacca was a fantastic singer and perfectly fit the music Cameron was writing and playing, far more than Rock.  I don’t know who sang on the second album, but I didn’t care for his voice much at all. To me, RS&B is where it all came together.

Then, on the nostalgia side, this was the first album by them that I ever had, and I listened to it a lot back in the day. It was years later until I heard the first album or Walkin in Faith.

I absolutely agree with FoJ!  This is my favorite as well.  Drew's voice really fit their sound.  The songwriting and playing were at top tier levels with this record.  They finally hit warp speed in my opinion here.  Sadly, Drew only sang one or two tracks on "Time Is All It Takes" and Dennis himself did the rest of the vocals.  He did a good job, but the magic just didn't happen.  That album felt like it was rushed to finish out a contract.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:37 pm

This album is really cool, but the first one is my favorite, undoubtedly.

You can't even compare Rob Rock with the other Angelica singers, evenn though they are talented indeed.

We have had this discussion in another opportunity, but I still think you can't use the words Rob Rock and overrated in the same sentence.

I would rank Angelica albums like this:

1) Angelica 
2) Rock, Stock and Barrell
3) Walking in faith
4) The other album I don't even bother to know the name of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:but I still think you can't use the words Rob Rock and overrated in the same sentence.

Rob Rock is overrated. There, that was easy. Razz
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Sinner.
All right, you can. But ypu shouldn't.
Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Interesting.  I do love Rob Rock but I appear to be in the minority who likes Walking In Faith the best.

There was a style shift after that one that moved away from the commercial glam rock of the first two.  I thought Rob Rock and Jerome Mazza both "perfectly fit the music Cameron was writing and playing" for that style, but the style changed.  I can't picture Rob Rock singing the songs on the second two albums.

Maybe I'll give Rock Stock & Barrell a chance now.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down