The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girder Music - How To Contact Them & Actually Get A Response

+12
deathisgain
Grindboy
Superjuice
grandeped
BaleMaster
Temple of Blood
Son of Nun
Kerrick
outofstep
TZ75
My Awesome Timothy
Constantine
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Girder Music - How To Contact Them & Actually Get A Response - Page 3 Empty Re: Girder Music - How To Contact Them & Actually Get A Response

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Thanks Balemaster, I definitely am praying about it too but could use all the help I can get.

Guess what guys, I just explained my situation to a big seller of Christian music on eBay.  Here was his response:

"I'm not surprised that Girder won't answer you. I no longer do business with them."

Yikes 😬
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Girder Music - How To Contact Them & Actually Get A Response - Page 3 Empty Re: Girder Music - How To Contact Them & Actually Get A Response

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Grindboy wrote:I’m pretty sure that dogs don’t have the receptors to experience spicy/hot foods the way that we do.

Just wanted to contribute here, you’re welcome!

I heard that bear spray is also specifically formulated to irritate bears more than humans. The capsaicin level is much lower than the pepper spray used to fend off human attackers. 

Just sayin... because your comment reminded me of an article I read after the capital riot. And just in case someone is thinking it, No! I don’t want to test them out. LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:08 pm

deathisgain wrote:I think this has been an ongoing thing.
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t3586-what-happened-to-girder-music?highlight=Girder

So do you think Matt Hunt is the new owner of Girder?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:12 pm

I thought it was Greg Hays.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Grindboy wrote:I’m pretty sure that dogs don’t have the receptors to experience spicy/hot foods the way that we do.

Just wanted to contribute here, you’re welcome!

I heard that bear spray is also specifically formulated to irritate bears more than humans. The capsaicin level is much lower than the pepper spray used to fend off human attackers. 

Just sayin... because your comment reminded me of an article I read after the capital riot. And just in case someone is thinking it, No! I don’t want to test them out. LOL

I’m not sure on the specifics, but I know bear mace is qualitatively different from “human” pepper spray.  I do remember seeing a guy get some bear mace in his face on some “survive in Alaska” show once though, and the guy was in pretty tough shape for a while.  So I’d say good instincts to not try it out!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:04 am

BaleMaster wrote:I thought it was Greg Hays.

I don’t know who it is. Someone suggested there may have been a merger of labels.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:44 am

Hmm...
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:27 pm

That thread was from 8 years ago. I did business with Girder a few times in the last year or so (buying reissues of both of our albums) and it was definitely still Greg running it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

alldatndensum and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:That thread was from 8 years ago. I did business with Girder a few times in the last year or so (buying reissues of both of our albums) and it was definitely still Greg running it.

I was just going on the fact that someone said Girder’s website was redirected to Retroactive’s site. Why did that happen? 

I never knew anything about the person who owns and operates Girder. Even if it was 8 years ago, it’s strange about the redirecting thing. I’m not saying Greg isn’t the guy anymore... but is it mandatory to publicly announce if there ever was a change of ownership?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:44 pm

I'm just reporting my experience. Beyond that I can't say.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Sometimes the website will redirect for certain items when the various companies have joint sales during the holidays. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 pm

I've had the gamut of experiences with Girder. From quick, even personable, responses all the way to no response and non fulfillment of orders...  easily the most frustrating shop I've ever dealt with and it has always been the same guy.
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

My Awesome Timothy, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I'm just reporting my experience. Beyond that I can't say.

I bought the Betrayal Passing reissue from Girder a year ago. But I never knew anything about the owner.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Well Girder never did answer my numerous e-mails to their 2 different e-mail portals / addresses.

I now have a really sour, negative feeling toward them.  I am considering unsubscribing from their mailing list and forgetting about them.  They send so many e-mails too, it is so annoying and such a slap in the face because they won't answer 1 of mine.  

The only good thing about staying on their mailing list is seeing what is coming out.  

I'm not sure what to do yet.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Made curious by this thread I have sent girder a message asking whether they ship to my address, will report back if any response is received.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:35 pm

^Well I'm guessing if they see the potential for new business, they will be more likely to respond.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Constantine wrote:^Well I'm guessing if they see the potential for new business, they will be more likely to respond.

Are you suggesting that girder may be more likely to respond to a message that may generate a new order/income than a message with a problem regarding an order already placed?

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Constantine wrote:
The only good thing about staying on their mailing list is seeing what is coming out. 

If you're subscribed to Boone's or Roxx (especially Boone's) you'll probably see that anyway. I get practically the same e-mails from Boone's and Girder.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Go to their FB, IG, TW accounts and start messaging them there. It would surely attract some attention, they don't want other followers to see negative comments.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:02 pm

I don't use any of those unfortunately.
If I did I most surely would have posted something there.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Constantine wrote:I don't use any of those unfortunately.
If I did I most surely would have posted something there.

Open accounts with a new email, and use it only for that purpose. 

I am sure they will contact you back immediately.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:53 pm

outofstep wrote:Girder ripped off my label years ago, guy is a complete and total scam artist.  When I asked other labels about this, they all said "oh yeah, he probably won't pay you for your consignment items".

Constantine wrote:B). Not paying your suppliers or band consignments is bad.

I've been working with Duane of Vision of God Records for about 6 years now.  So glad he doesn't mess around with consignment.

My Awesome Timothy wrote:I’m not going to name names

Me either - but I was unimpressed with how several Christian metal stores that just considered my CDs on consignment "now theirs", so long as they don't hear back from me.

I'd like to preface by saying this was years ago and projects ago, and things could have changed with them since.  Also, a major ingredient was me forgetting about these CDs myself for years.  Anyway, I reached out to 3 different stores that had kept a batch of my CDs on consignment for 4 YEARS (after I remembered them derp LOL) and I requested they either purchase the albums I sent, or get them back to me somehow.

Christian Metal Store 1 didn't respond to emails, forum entries or site form submissions.  When I found and confronted them online elsewhere, they apologized, chose to now pay for the CDs since they sold a long time ago, and that was that.

Christian Metal Store 2 contacted me back immediately, but they were extremely irate about my inquiry.  How dare I ask about my CDs I gave to them for consignment 4 years ago?  Sure what it seemed like.  They too agreed to just purchase the CDs they had instead of sending them back because they didn't know where they were anymore, along with a "we will never do business again".

Christian Metal Store 3 contacted me back immediately, they had a few copies of my CDs remaining on hand...  but they referenced some obscure fine print, on some different site of theirs (using Wayback machine even) to "prove" that I agreed to pay shipping costs for them to ship consignment CDs back to the artist per their request.  I referenced old emails that I didn't agree to that - but it didn't matter.  They refused to pay for the CDs they kept for 4 years, they refused to send them back without me paying to get them back.  This left a bad taste in my mouth and they obviously have impeccable service when it comes to customers and fans, but IMO its cutthroat and theft-with-extra-steps when it comes to them working with artists and bands.

Bottom line, consignment is just risking bad business when its done poorly.  I think stores should have an obligation to reach out to artists regarding merchandise that doesn't sell after a period of time, asking them what should be done with the remaining merchandise.  (1 store, who did consignment right IMO, did this - they contacted me after 90 days and they had copies left)

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:00 pm

I don't trust anyone to do business on consignment TBH, although I have done it once with a local music store who did pay me when the CDs were sold.

Well, I guess I should clarify and see I don't trust anyone on the internet to do business on consignment with. Nothing personal though, it's just business.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Update:   I got a short note today from Greg at Girder.  No actual apology, but he said that someone from here notified him about this post so he wanted to know if I ever heard back from anyone.

I said no and gave him an update on where things stood.  I then politely but firmly said that I was disappointed by not hearing from anyone for 12 days.  I said that is unacceptable customer care and urged him to get some customer service help, even on a volunteer basis.  I told him that I wanted to see his business succeed, and that he produces great product.  And that great product requires great support.  

I hate to think that were it not for this post being out here, I might never have gotten a response.  
Yet I can't help but think that would likely have been the case.  

Hopefully the issue will get resolved and we can move on from here, a bit wiser and with some lessons learned.  
Hopefully on both sides.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster, Son of Nun and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Haven't back yet from my email to girder regarding shipping to my address/country.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next