The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your face Christian metal band of all time

+15
TZ75
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Constantine
Temple of Blood
Snert I
cailen
Kerrick
eatbugs
average joe
WildWorld
Superjuice
BaleMaster
bodachi
Contrarian Deist
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your face Christian metal band of all time  - Page 2 Empty Re: Your face Christian metal band of all time

Post by Grindboy Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:
Grindboy wrote:Crimson Moonlight.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

If I liked Divine Darkness better I might have considered them. They crossed my mind. Love The Covenant Progress and especially Veil of Remembrance!

Yes, Veil for sure is what makes them my favorite, and I agree that Divine Darkness wasn't what I was hoping for (although not bad, of course).

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Your face Christian metal band of all time  - Page 2 Empty Re: Your face Christian metal band of all time

Post by Contrarian Deist Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:That's a hard question. In Christian metal many bands have faded out so soon. Many, though I love their material, they only put out 1-3 great albums and die away or they keep switching styles all the time and lose me at various points. Though Believer, Deliverance, Tourniquet, Mortification have legendary material. Some of their stuff stinks. Becoming the Archetype and Extol fall in the good but gone too soon category. Extol hasn't been active in 7 years, though Fleshkiller was great. I tend to say they are my favorite band to many and follow their post-Extol careers. I own more band related merch from them than anyone else.

Bands like Stryper and Saint have been around and put out a ton of great material and never fell way off (with singular exceptions). They'd never be my favorite if someone else could be as consistent but they end up in the conversation because they are faithful in sound and message.

All this to say, if you asked me today who I listen to most, the last 5 Demon Hunter albums have been played more than anything else in the past 7-8 years. I didn't even like the band in the early days but since "True Defiance" I've been onboard and even enjoy some of the earlier stuff. Their catalogue is solid, they are long lasting, they know their sound (though they experiment), and have a message that meets their diverse audience.

Yeah I've always thought it unfortunate that so many great Christian metal bands only manage to get out a couple/few albums before having to call it quits.
I personally would love to hear some new material from Crimson Thorn who put out 3 albums and haven't been able to get out anymore in the last 15-20 years.
And Inversion- their one album *nature of depravity* was phenomenal. And some more Vomitorial Corpulence. Some more Betrayal. Some more Sorrowstorm.
So many great bands that fizzled out to quickly

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Grindboy wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:
Grindboy wrote:Crimson Moonlight.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

If I liked Divine Darkness better I might have considered them. They crossed my mind. Love The Covenant Progress and especially Veil of Remembrance!

Yes, Veil for sure is what makes them my favorite, and I agree that Divine Darkness wasn't what I was hoping for (although not bad, of course).

And the Eternal Emperor ep was pretty cool too

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosro Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Theocracy is the best band for me.

Gosro
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm

^Excellent choice.  Welcome Gosro!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Gosro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2