The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your face Christian metal band of all time

+15
TZ75
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Constantine
Temple of Blood
Snert I
cailen
Kerrick
eatbugs
average joe
WildWorld
Superjuice
BaleMaster
bodachi
Contrarian Deist
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your face Christian metal band of all time  Empty Your face Christian metal band of all time

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Tie
Mortification(early)/Crimson Thorn
🤘💀🤘

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Your face Christian metal band of all time  Empty Re: Your face Christian metal band of all time

Post by bodachi Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 pm

My favorite has got to be Deliverance with Stryper close behind
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Your face Christian metal band of all time  Empty Re: Your face Christian metal band of all time

Post by Guest Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:17 am

More like: "Hey CMR members, what is your favorite Christian metal band of all time, and why is it Stryper?"

lol!

Mine is Stryper.

geek

Followed very closely by Saint.

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Stryper or Barren Cross for that honor.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Your face Christian metal band of all time  ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nolifetilmetal.com%2Fimages%2Ffasedown_logo_BIG

Your face Christian metal band of all time  ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FR0t3eQ9wFdg%2Fmaxresdefault
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Just noticed that I made a typo error in the title of this thread..*face* instead of *fave*, oops...

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Your face Christian metal band of all time  Z
(couldnt resist)

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Fasedown getting some love. Their very early uptempo punky/thrashy/crunchy material like “Time” was quite good with Philips on guitar, chaffin on drums and Shaeffer on vocals (sounding like early Phil Enselmo) with the haunting spoken parts and discernible grows/screams. He was a huge Mike Torone fan and often stated he was an influence on his early vocal style. They should have stayed in that vane instead of full blown metalcore on the follow-up.

Early Deliverance for me without even a close second. Nothing in the Christian realm has ever come close to approaching their initial offerings in terms of quality (i.e., musicianship, vocals, songwriting).

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:28 pm

WildWorld wrote:Your face Christian metal band of all time  Z
(couldnt resist)
lol! 

Faves?
#1 is Tourniquet.

Theocracy could pass Tourniquet if they were more prolific.
Stryper is up there too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 am

Virgin Black for me.  Though Vials Of Wrath, Theocracy, Kreyson, and Epta Astera are up there too.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:59 am

Very hard choice for me but after thinking a lot I became very sure with my list:

Because almost of their very first (2 or 3) albums:

1 Gold

Bloodgood
   Martyr / Betrayal
   Vengeance Rising
   Tourniquet

2 Silver

Believer
   King´s X
   Mortification
   Saviour Machine
   Seventh Angel
   Warlord
   Wytch Hazel (NEW !!!)

3 Bronze

Trouble
   Saint
   Bride
   Extol
   Deliverance
   Ordained Fate
   Mortal Enemy
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:42 am

It's a tie between
Saviour Machine (if they count as a metal band)
Bloodgood
Theocracy

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm

I prefer to think in terms of favorite albums instead of bands (because these bands are often not very consistent), but my favorite Christian bands overall are Warlord, Antithesis, Faith Factor, Sacred Warrior, and Stryper.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:53 pm

I don't really have just one favorite anything.  
IMO, there is something good to like in just about every Christian metal band.
Unless we are talking about fruit, then I would say my #1 favorite is blueberries. Cool
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:43 pm

average joe wrote:Early Deliverance for me without even a close second. Nothing in the Christian realm has ever come close to approaching their initial offerings in terms of quality (i.e., musicianship, vocals, songwriting).

I'll see your Deliverance and raise you early Tourniquet.

I don't know if I can pick, early TQT, Saint, Barren Cross, now Theocracy. Depends on the mood.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Bride followed up with Stryper.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:58 pm

Sticking with one pick I'd say Bloodgood.

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 pm

The Crucified was the first Christian band I liked (love the crossover thrash). After that, Tourniquet and Mortification. Honorable mention to the first Living Sacrifice and Believer albums.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:33 pm

TZ75 wrote:The Crucified was the first Christian band I liked (love the crossover thrash). After that, Tourniquet and Mortification. Honorable mention to the first Living Sacrifice and Believer albums

Are you familiar with crossover band The Lead-*burn this record*?

Mortification was my first , then Living Sac, Betrayal, Sacrament, Crimson Thorn, Paramaecium, and from that others.
Funny, when i discovered Christian metal i had already been into thrash and death metal a number of years before i did, so when i did i didn't even hear the lighter Christian metal bands till years later.
Scratch that, the first Christian metal album I heard or had was Lightforce-mystical thieves when I was into nonchristian metal, liked it but never got into more Christian metal till years later when I did the born again thing in my mid-life teens.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:
TZ75 wrote:The Crucified was the first Christian band I liked (love the crossover thrash). After that, Tourniquet and Mortification. Honorable mention to the first Living Sacrifice and Believer albums

Are you familiar with crossover band The Lead-*burn this record*?

Mortification was my first , then Living Sac, Betrayal, Sacrament, Crimson Thorn, Paramaecium, and from that others.
Funny, when i discovered Christian metal i had already been into thrash and death metal a number of years before i did, so when i did i didn't even hear the lighter Christian metal bands till years later.
Scratch that, the first Christian metal album I heard or had was Lightforce-mystical thieves when I was into nonchristian metal, liked it but never got into more Christian metal till years later when I did the born again thing in my mid-life teens.
I never really heard The Lead. I just knew their name... I did hear Frank’s Enemy later, but I didn’t like it. 

Like most people, my first exposure to Christian metal was Stryper. But it didn’t really do it for me at the time. I was quickly progressing to heavier and faster things. And to be honest, it all seemed cheesy (until I found The Crucified). They were lyrically interesting and reminded me of Slayer meets Sacred Reich. The Pillars album was in the realm of Pantera.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm

I also liked Betrayal, Deliverance, Sacrament and the infamous “Roger Rising” Vengeance albums.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:27 am

Difficult question...I gotta go with Stryper. I absolutely love a few other bands too, like Theocracy, Whitecross, Deliverance, and Saint. But considering how much I like their albums, and given their prolific output, Stryper's gotta be at the top of the list.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 am

That's a hard question. In Christian metal many bands have faded out so soon. Many, though I love their material, they only put out 1-3 great albums and die away or they keep switching styles all the time and lose me at various points. Though Believer, Deliverance, Tourniquet, Mortification have legendary material. Some of their stuff stinks. Becoming the Archetype and Extol fall in the good but gone too soon category. Extol hasn't been active in 7 years, though Fleshkiller was great. I tend to say they are my favorite band to many and follow their post-Extol careers. I own more band related merch from them than anyone else.

Bands like Stryper and Saint have been around and put out a ton of great material and never fell way off (with singular exceptions). They'd never be my favorite if someone else could be as consistent but they end up in the conversation because they are faithful in sound and message.

All this to say, if you asked me today who I listen to most, the last 5 Demon Hunter albums have been played more than anything else in the past 7-8 years. I didn't even like the band in the early days but since "True Defiance" I've been onboard and even enjoy some of the earlier stuff. Their catalogue is solid, they are long lasting, they know their sound (though they experiment), and have a message that meets their diverse audience.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:50 am

Crimson Moonlight.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:57 am

Grindboy wrote:Crimson Moonlight.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

If I liked Divine Darkness better I might have considered them. They crossed my mind. Love The Covenant Progress and especially Veil of Remembrance!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Grindboy and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next