The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow

+21
Staybrite
Black Rider
Andreas89
WildWorld
L8T
FreeRangeBeliever
xMetalMarkx
BaleMaster
MikeInFla
JPDetroit
alldatndensum
eatbugs
TZ75
Fundy
Christian metal Horde
Follower of Jesus
deathisgain
Temple of Blood
Frozen Fire
KaramKaram
Lex Metalis
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow

Post by L8T Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:39 pm

At least it's not an emo kid cutting his arms up.   Circle Dance
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow

Post by WildWorld Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:51 pm

L8T wrote:At least it's not an emo kid cutting his arms up.   Circle Dance
Or worse, the band covered in yellow slime  Mad

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:We are not to make images of God. This one bothers me.
I don't think that is God, looks like Jesus to me.

Umm...unless we're of different faiths, aren't they the same person?!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:We are not to make images of God. This one bothers me.
I don't think that is God, looks like Jesus to me.

Umm...unless we're of different faiths, aren't they the same person?!
I know that response is a little tongue cheek since Jesus refers to the Father as God so often. We also probably say "one being" rather than "same person" unless we're non-trinitarian.  

However, I think we generally treat making images of God differently when it's Jesus. You said you had a problem with the album cover because we aren't supposed to make images of God but your signature has a picture of Jesus and your profile picture is a crucifix. There has to be some difference in your mind.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 am

As you beautiful people might expect, this makes my power metal heart beat faster. Let's hope for the same considering the music Cool
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:I was getting sick of the same art style for the last few Stryper albums and really wanted a new style, but this cover is the best of them...and one of the best covers I've seen... Thought nothing can beat my favourite ever - Lament for the Weary by Seventh Angel.
That cover and The Torment...whoa Nelly!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 pm

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:I was getting sick of the same art style for the last few Stryper albums and really wanted a new style, but this cover is the best of them...and one of the best covers I've seen... Thought nothing can beat my favourite ever - Lament for the Weary by Seventh Angel.

Lament for the Weary is awesome! The artist Rodney Mathews is known for his otherworldly paintings. He also did covers for the band Yes and Asia.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:05 pm

With the issue about white Jesus now, I wonder if they'll reconsider this?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:43 pm

I hope not.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Black Rider wrote:With the issue about white Jesus now, I wonder if they'll reconsider this?

No one knows exactly what he looked like. The only clue we have is that he was a brown or bronze complexion. I imagine he looked similar to most people that live in the surrounding areas of the biblical territories. Minus the white Jewish immigrants from Europe and Russia.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:17 pm

I get that, I was referring to some BLM dude saying any statues or windows of white Jesus need to be destroyed. I'm guessing it's going to affect everything else.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Black Rider wrote:I get that, I was referring to some BLM dude saying any statues or windows of white Jesus need to be destroyed. I'm guessing it's going to affect everything else.

Yeah... because everyone knows he was sub-Sahara African. Rolling Eyes

I’m guessing that if they take it that far, it will not end well. It will be seen as a frivolous excuse to open another racial can of worms.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Black Rider wrote:I get that, I was referring to some BLM dude saying any statues or windows of white Jesus need to be destroyed. I'm guessing it's going to affect everything else.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how in the heck they can tell from a statue if the representation of Jesus is white or brown?  Most statues I've ever seen are granite/stone or bronze colored.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how in the heck they can tell from a statue if the representation of Jesus is white or brown?  Most statues I've ever seen are granite/stone or bronze colored.

Maybe they’ll comment on the facial characteristics. The white Jesus typically looks like a medieval prince.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 pm

I'm really looking forward to the new album. The album cover is stellar. Ever since Second Coming the releases have been great. I liked Murder By Pride and Covering too. Looing forward to hearing Perry's contributions on the album. We will get a taste of that when the new song drops this Friday called Blood From Above.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm

I like the art work. Of the past 4 albums, I think No More Hell to Pay is my favorite.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, the artwork clearly seems to be inspired (in part) by the throne room scene in Revelation 4. Notice the four creatures around the throne are the ones mentioned in this passage. Not sure of the inspiration for the rest of the album cover imagery, though, since Rev 4-5 is a scene of worship in God's throne room and no "evil" characters are present.

"1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."
 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne.
 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.
 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.
 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back.
 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle." (Rev. 4:1-7)

The one seated on the throne in Rev 4 is thus God the Father, since that figure eventually holds a scroll and hands it to Jesus (God the Son) in Rev 5. Judging by some of the comments, it seems that our churches are failing miserably when it comes to robust teaching on the doctrine of the Trinity, as it has been understood in orthodox Christian circles for 2000 years.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Every time they try to show God’s face, he always looks like Zeus.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:13 pm

Nobody know how God looks, but if we were created in his image and likeness then, he could probably look like ANY of us.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 am

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:Since nobody has mentioned it yet, the artwork clearly seems to be inspired (in part) by the throne room scene in Revelation 4. Notice the four creatures around the throne are the ones mentioned in this passage. Not sure of the inspiration for the rest of the album cover imagery, though, since Rev 4-5 is a scene of worship in God's throne room and no "evil" characters are present.

I mentioned it, probably in the "other" thread before the merge.  It's my favorite part. 

Presumably the judgment described in Matthew 25:31-46 takes place at the throne room, so while the four living creatures are not mentioned they would be there with the "goats" present.  Besides, the artistic imagery has a powerful meaning (James 2:19) even if it doesn't depict a literal event.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:13 am

TZ75 wrote:Every time they try to show God’s face, he always looks like Zeus.
Well, except for Messiah Prophet's Master of the Metal:

STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow - Page 2 51EjcyY-2YL._SY300_QL70_ML2_

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Agree the One on the throne on Rev 4 is God the Father, who is therefore indescribable.
Stephen (and other references) have Jesus sitting at the Father’s right hand. What that means is a matter of debate. Is it one throne, two thrones etc no human knows.
But since the Son is the personification of the Father I cant overeact at this album cover, since the One on the throne has a crown of thorns and is therefore intended to be Jesus.
We know demons recognized Jesus as God in the Gospels in at least one occurrence before being driven out. We know James said (paraphrase) even demons believe in God and shudder. We also have reason to believe Jesus has already defeated death, Satan, and taken the keys of Hades setting the captives free (those saved under the Old Covenant) after the resurrection.
We also know Satan was kicked out of heaven prior to Creation so he would not be anywhere near the throne today as depicted on the album cover.
So if I have a point it would be this — inaccuracy and sacrilege are two different things and when it comes to art, we need to apply a little grace. Remove the plank in my own eye before going after an identified spec of dust elsewhere.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:10 am

Who is on the throne of judgment?

For we must all stand before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what they have done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment to the Son John 5:22

It is He that commanded us to preach and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to judge the living and the dead. Acts 10:42

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and with all the holy angels, He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nation's will be gathered before Him. Matt 25:31-32

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God. Revelation 20:11-12

And I looked and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creation, and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb as if it had been slain Revelation 5:6 (translated differently in various translations either more explicit or less)

Can Satan stand before the throne?

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord and Satan also came among them. Job 1:6, 2:1

Then he showed me Joshua standing before the Angel of the Lord and Satan standing by his right hand to oppose him. And the Lord said to him, "The Lord rebuke you Satan, the Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?" Zechariah 3:1

Personally I would not say the cover is inaccurate.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Who is on the throne of judgment?

For we must all stand before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what they have done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment to the Son John 5:22

It is He that commanded us to preach and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to judge the living and the dead. Acts 10:42

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and with all the holy angels, He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nation's will be gathered before Him. Matt 25:31-32

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God. Revelation 20:11-12

And I looked and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creation, and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb as if it had been slain Revelation 5:6 (translated differently in various translations either more explicit or less)

Can Satan stand before the throne?

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord and Satan also came among them. Job 1:6, 2:1

Then he showed me Joshua standing before the Angel of the Lord and Satan standing by his right hand to oppose him. And the Lord said to him, "The Lord rebuke you Satan, the Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?" Zechariah 3:1

Personally I would not say the cover is inaccurate.

Also Job 1:7 and 12 where did this chat took place? I know G-d is everywhere. But it is not the throne what make the throne holy, it is the Presence of the G-d. If Satan can comes to his presence why not bow to Him before His throne?
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm

WildWorld wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Every time they try to show God’s face, he always looks like Zeus.
Well, except for Messiah Prophet's Master of the Metal:

STRYPER - Even The Devil Believes MERGED - 1st single out tomorrow - Page 2 51EjcyY-2YL._SY300_QL70_ML2_

That guy looks like Thor.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next