The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Easter audio interview

+3
jaydeecrawson
TZ75
Airola
7 posters

Go down

Luke Easter audio interview Empty Luke Easter audio interview

Post by Airola Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:19 am

As the Story Grows has just released an interview of Luke Easter, formerly of Tourniquet.
I've listened to about 20 minutes now and it's been really good so far! Great stuff about his pre-Tourniquet days and his early years in Tourniquet.

https://www.asthestorygrows.com/episodes/luke-easter-formerly-of-tourniquet

They've interviewed Erik Mendez before so here's hoping they would manage to get interviews of other former Tourniquet members too.

EDIT:
Listened it through. Great stuff from beginning to end! Really good interview!
He talks quite a bit about his days in Tourniquet and gives many interesting little tidbits about Vanishing Lessons, Crawl to China, Microscopic and the days in between Moth and Antiseptic.
Honest talk, respectful towards everyone.
The last third of the interview is about the time after he was gone from Tourniquet and it's really good stuff too. He talks about his solo record and reveals he's working on for a follow-up to that. It's going to be full-length.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Luke Easter audio interview Empty Re: Luke Easter audio interview

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks! I will definitely check this out. Maybe he will talk about his collaboration with Lenaire.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 am

awesome interview!

would have loved to hear more dirt though on why he left/ got kicked out/ fired/ resigned/ laid off/ walked away, etc. from TQT

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:07 am

Just heard the whole thing. A lot of cool info and tidbits. 

I don’t remember if I ever read the press release of when Luke and Tourniquet parted ways... but now I know he didn’t quit. Although he didn’t actually say it, he did indicate he was fired.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:37 am

TZ75 wrote:Just heard the whole thing. A lot of cool info and tidbits. 

I don’t remember if I ever read the press release of when Luke and Tourniquet parted ways... but now I know he didn’t quit. Although he didn’t actually say it, he did indicate he was fired.

He's said it a few times in interviews or online comments that he did not leave or he did not quit.

The initial announcement said they have mutually agreed to part ways (EDIT: the actual quote: "We’ve decided that our musical paths are not quite going in the same direction."), which pretty much is the nicer way to say that Luke agreed to leave when he was told to leave. In other words, the initiative for him to step out from being the Tourniquet vocalist wasn't his idea but Ted's and Aaron's, and he agreed to do that (what other option there would've even been).

This is the elephant in the room I guess for quite a long time, it seems, as even in an interview when that is mentioned by around two sentences people still seem to talk about that first as seen here Very Happy

If you want to read more his post-Tourniquet interviews here's a couple from 2018:
http://positiverockreview.blogspot.com/2018/08/interview-with-luke-easter-ex-tourniquet.html
http://houseofinn.blogspot.com/2018/06/interview-with-luke-easter.html

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:05 pm

I couldn’t care less about Tourniquet drama. What excites me is that he’s working on new material! “The Pop Disaster” was brilliant!!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Just heard the whole thing. A lot of cool info and tidbits. 

He's said it a few times in interviews or online comments that he did not leave or he did not quit.

The initial announcement said they have mutually agreed to part ways (EDIT: the actual quote: "We’ve decided that our musical paths are not quite going in the same direction."), which pretty much is the nicer way to say that Luke agreed to leave when he was told to leave. In other words, the initiative for him to step out from being the Tourniquet vocalist wasn't his idea but Ted's and Aaron's, and he agreed to do that (what other option there would've even been).

This is the elephant in the room I guess for quite a long time, it seems, as even in an interview when that is mentioned by around two sentences people still seem to talk about that first as seen here Very Happy

If you want to read more his post-Tourniquet interviews here's a couple from 2018:
http://positiverockreview.blogspot.com/2018/08/interview-with-luke-easter-ex-tourniquet.html
http://houseofinn.blogspot.com/2018/06/interview-with-luke-easter.html

In a sense, the song ”Twilight” could apply to Luke’s time with Tourniquet. Just twist the words a little...

When father Ted begins to dislike your voice. You’ll be shown the door (you will have no choice). Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:43 pm

dude.... just think about.

Tobias Forge runs Ghost.

Roger Martinez ran Vengeance.

Ted runs TQT.

Tony Iommi runs Sabbath.

Gene and Paul run KISS.

Steve Harris runs Maiden.

There's always a Chief and a bunch of Indians.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:dude.... just think about.

Tobias Forge runs Ghost.

Roger Martinez ran Vengeance.

Ted runs TQT.

Tony Iommi runs Sabbath.

Gene and Paul run KISS.

Steve Harris runs Maiden.

There's always a Chief and a bunch of Indians.

That’s true. But at the same time... 
There’s a reason everyone abandoned ship before Vengeance sank. Current Iron Maiden is boring. KISS hasn’t released a decent album since Revenge. Tourniquet has always been hit or miss (just like Mortification). IMO, Tony Iommi is the only shining star of the bunch! I’ve liked every version of Sabbath.

Ps, I never liked Ghost. I’d rather listen to King Diamond!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:25 am

This interview is teh shibby!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Another Luke Easter interview!
https://podcast.discussmetal.com/e/discuss-metal-episode-009-luke-easter/

Started to listen it a moment ago. Feels like it's going to be great too.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Just heard the new interview. Luke seems a lot more down to earth than I originally thought (compared to when he used to be very defensive or jerk-ish on the Firestream board). His answers are all consistent in both podcast interviews. Thanks for finding these links! You always have your ear to the ground (so to speak) about all things Tourniquet.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:17 pm

TZ75 wrote:Just heard the new interview. Luke seems a lot more down to earth than I originally thought (compared to when he used to be very defensive or jerk-ish on the Firestream board). His answers are all consistent in both podcast interviews. Thanks for finding these links! You always have your ear to the ground (so to speak) about all things Tourniquet.

I found that on Gary Lenaire's Facebook page. I've recently been checking out both Tourniquet's and Gary's FB pages as both are viewable without having to log in and both have been pretty active lately.

Luke does come off as super likeable in these interviews and yeah I remember his forum posting style back in the day very well Very Happy

I guess it's very easy to interpret text online much more differently than what the person writing it really feels and means by the words. In fact not too long ago my mom wrote an e-mail to her sister and it had tons of ALL CAPS sentences and a lot of !!!!!!!s and and poor choices for words, and when she asked me what I think of what she had written and went through it by her own words explaining it it was actually super neutral and calm with zero ill will towards her sister, but looking at just the text it looked like something someone completely unhinged would write.

Not that Luke wrote like that but he had the habit of writing snappy and snarky sounding replies. To be fair though, even back then when people wrote what a jerk he is based on those posts, people would tell that they've met him in real life and he's actually the complete opposite of how his writings might look, that he's really a nice guy.

EDIT: It's a fun moment in that interview when they talk about Firestream a bit and the interviewer says what his name on the board was and Luke's surprised and says he remembers that name! Smile

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:13 am

I agree, I think Luke did a fantastic, mature, professional and insightful job on this interview but left me wanting to hear MORE

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:14 am

Luke also confirmed that he will probably continue to work with Gary Lenaire on more music. 😎
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Happy y'all enjoyed the interviews!
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm

More solo music please! The Pop Disaster was awesome!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:More solo music please! The Pop Disaster was awesome!
 +1

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:08 am

Luke Easter wrote:Happy y'all enjoyed the interviews!

Thanks for continuing your musical journey! I hope you keep the melodic hooks, but also add more guitar driven hard rock on some of the songs in the future. White Lion is a good example. Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down