Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

Post by Airola on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:59 pm

There's a can of worms to be opened and a dead horse to beat if you want to analyze the lyrics Very Happy
Cool song, some FAST THRASH right there, although I don't still understand why the guitar tone is what it is (oh well, I'll just add volume and it's ok).

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Oh boy... Here are the lyrics:

So vain you probably think these words are about you
You belittle others to think yourself big though you're looking up at us all
Snowflake we know you can’t take it like you dish it out
Glass jaw a tiny slap can knock you to the ground

All that you see is yourself in a mirror
Take all the credit so you feel superior
Burn down the friendships you made through the music
Entrusted power you learned to abuse it

One by one you alienated
One by one we let you go
One by one the future you fated
All but one can see that you lost control

Seemed so sincere once a upon a time
Said you see at 50 though you’re blind
Blind.
Something tells me you’re not what you believe
Something may deceive

All that you see is yourself in a mirror
Take all the credit so you feel superior

One by one you alienated
One by one we let you go
One by one the future you fated
All but one can see that you lost control

Together we were greater than any one of us, a fact that you can’t hide
A solo act of second best is the role you must abide
You thought you were the golden boy but found to be a toy
In the song of sincere you command the second fiddle
For this ten finger encore I give you my two middles

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Sounds very similar to earlier Tourniquet.  I've read the lyrics and realise it could prove rather 'interesting' so I won't comment on that!
Fundy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Now I'm convinced that it's not merely a coincidence that Ted released the title track at the same time (same day, I think) that Luke Easter released his EP album, and that Ted announced Ripper Owens as the vocalist the day after Gary & Luke released this tune. The odds of that happening by accident are extremely remote.

This situation is sad...

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:53 pm

wow! those lyrics are brutal man

jaydeecrawson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Am I reading into this too much? this line:

Said you see at 50 though you’re blind

sounds like a reference to Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance.

"You see at twenty what we do at fifty" Is this a knock at Ted Kirkpatrick??!?!?

Last edited by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 pm

petrafan007 wrote:This is totally ridiculous and pathetic. 

That about sums up my opinions as well...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:44 pm

deleted

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Is this a one song deal or are they working together on more material?
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 pm

deleted

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Enjoyable song musically, only God knows the hearts of Gary, Luke and Ted!  If this song is in reference to POD then Gary has been holding onto this for years, it makes you bitter.  Why after all these years, is there more than meets the eye... two sides to every story......shouldn’t write a song about it if this is true, it’s very hurtful and sad.
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Sure the song could be about anyone, and not necessary about any certain someone but just a jab at certain type of persons in general. And I think if someone would ask Gary about it he would say it's not about any certain person.

However, there's the line about burning down friendships made through music. So there's the music connection. And unless that "see at 50" is a general saying I find it quite unlikely it's just a coincidence he happened to use that phrase. And he is clearly aiming this to someone who said that.

And then there is the line about only one not seeing the truth. That all have been alienated, all have left, except one. There is only one person who is still with Ted from those who have been part of the band. Aaron.

Sure, I guess it's possible this has nothing to do with Tourniquet, and if it isn't then Gary's sense of choosing words and being discreet isn't all that great Very Happy

Unlucky for Luke, he's now part of two songs that are infamous of being accused of talking bad things about people connected to Tourniquet (Caixa de Raiva is rumored to be about Guy Ritter - Luke has dismissed this rumor though). silent

Oh well, I love them all though. Gary, Luke, Guy, Erik, Victor, Aaron, Ted, Steve, Vince, Mark Lewis, Devino - all of them.

To petrafan007 above, Gary was really good friends with Luke when they both were in the band. Should Gary not being a Christian anymore not keep contact with his old friends? Should Luke reject being with him just because of religious differences?

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Enjoyable song musically, only God knows the hearts of Gary, Luke and Ted!  If this song is in reference to POD then Gary has been holding onto this for years, it makes you bitter.  Why after all these years, is there more than meets the eye... two sides to every story......shouldn’t write a song about it if this is true, it’s very hurtful and sad.
...and it was Guy who left at the time of POD.  Gary stayed on for quite a while after that.
Fundy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Airola wrote:To petrafan007 above, Gary was really good friends with Luke when they both were in the band. Should Gary not being a Christian anymore not keep contact with his old friends? Should Luke reject being with him just because of religious differences?

I deleted my posts because I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions publically. I will let Luke respond if he feels like it, but I apologized to him because I don't know the whole story. TO answer your question, no he doesn't have to reject Gary. My issue is if someone had shown me those lyrics---there is no way I could have, in good conscious, contributed my vocals to it ---ESPECIALLY knowing the songwriter is an unbeliever and I'm a believer...and especially that last line...but most importantly, how the lyrics seem to be obvious about another brother. That's my two cents.

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 pm

C'mon, guys... Nobody could seriously think that those lyrics are just about anyone in general. It doesn't take a literary critic to understand that they're aimed at a particular individual.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:C'mon, guys... Nobody could seriously think that those lyrics are just about anyone in general. It doesn't take a literary critic to understand that they're aimed at a particular individual.

Well, maybe we notice how we are craving for a new controvery and want to use some wishful thinking to deny that lust in us Very Happy

Oh boy it used to be crazy back in the day! There even was the "Uncensored Tourniquet" board for a while for everyone to let everything out and I recall even Ted came there to defend himself. I kinda feel that if this really is a jab against Ted, it might even be the roughest thing there ever was what comes to Tourniquet controversies. Even if it isn't a jab against him, I feel the way it really looks like it is makes it to the top of the TQT controversy list.

But really, IF this isn't about him, I cannot understand why Gary wouldn't have seen how this could interpreted as such Shocked

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Musically, this reminds me of how much of the early Tourniquet sound was because of Gary.

Lyrically... yikes!!
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:28 pm

This is tragic. There is no way this can't be anything but directed at Ted. Lyrics are not ambiguous enough. 
It's pointless of Gary to attack ''hypocrisy" by telling someone else where to go. Doesn't do his cause well. In any case, Gary's lyrics on the one hand imply he wish the old band were together but his bitterness is still strongly present.  And why does he care? He's an atheist now. Of course his lyrical stance wouldn't fit within the Tourniquet christian lyric sphere.
 I wish all involved in Tourniquet could just get along, but I'm worried now that Luke might have taken sides by being involved with this song and its lyrics.  I had assumed that when Luke left it was simply because of career direction and nothing more, but it' doesn't appear so. Surely he'd be aware these lyrics refer to a certain someone...
Personally I would've loved the classic TQT lineup get back together - Gary, Guy, Ted, Erik and Victor but still appreciate a great deal Ted's version since the mid 90s. (with the exception of Antiseptic Bloodbath with didn't grab me).

As a reunion doesn't seem possible it would've been best if any songs referring to past band associates from either side didn't happen (ie this song and Caixa De Raiva). Why keep any ill feelings in public view for decades through the music?! Immature.

Pity as i like this song musically and Gary's style and vocals are stellar.

Last edited by FreeRangeBeliever on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : thought of more to add)
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:01 pm

I just feel dirty listening to this song. Doesn't sit well in my spirit. I can't see how anyone could truly enjoy this without thinking of Tourniquet. I mean, you would think that Gary would want to attract Tourniquet fans to listen to it, not push them away. To me, the whole thing just feels like a child who never grew up still complaining about old bitter hurts and unforgiveness.

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 pm

"To me, the whole thing just feels like a child who never grew up still complaining about old bitter hurts and unforgiveness."

Exactly!
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Pathetic!

No wonder these guys were let go.  Not soon enough!

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Guys, Geezer Butler wrote a song about Tony Iommi when he was in G/Z//R too

it's fine.

It's a GREAT song. I love it.

I'm a HUGE Gary Lenaire fan... I read his book too.

jaydeecrawson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:55 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:Guys, Geezer Butler wrote a song about Tony Iommi when he was in G/Z//R too

it's fine.

Equally pathetic.  But at least GZR's music was pretty good when he left Sabbath.  The rest can't say that.

Who left Ted and improved?  Get real.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm

This is idiotic. Grow up.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by /< on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Just some random thoughts without my jumping to conclusions:  On the one hand, IF this song is about Ted, then yes, it could be construed as a bit childish.  On the other hand, with whatever or whomever the subject matter may be about, everybody needs a "healthy" outlet with which to vent at times.  In this case, Gary is a musician and is blowing off some artistic steam.

I do miss the classic version of TQT with Guy, Gary, Erik, Victor and Ted.  I remember my heart hurting upon learning Gary had become an atheist years ago.  I had sent him a message of encouragement; he was very kind with his reply.

As for Luke (and Gary, too):  Perhaps Luke was simply "reaching out" to an old friend who requested some vocal help with the song.  Maybe Luke regarded the lyrics as vague enough.  Bottom line: I don't know anyone else's thoughts.  I wonder how many of us have asked either of them directly regarding the matter.

In my respective life, several years ago now, I too had become embittered and angry with "the church", though my faith remained intact.  My lifestyle had veered onto a rocky path in search for peace - and there was none - until I owed up to The Lord's whisper speaking to my heart.  He reminded me of that little portion within His "model prayer" for us: "Forgive us what we have done wrong, as we too have forgiven those who have wronged us." (Matthew 6:12)  I remembered that I had to forgive others just as I wish for my Father in heaven to forgive me from my sins.  Matthew 7:2 also came to mind as I dealt with my bitterness within: "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."  Thankfully, over time, The Lord healed me from my bitterness and anger toward certain individuals and "the church".

All to say: I believe I can "understand" Gary, provided my personal assessment of this song is correct.  My wish for him is that he finds the peace which transcends all understanding... It's found solely with The Lord.  I have no clue as to the inner turmoil that has happened among the former TQT members... I do wish that all within the band camp would reach out and love one another as Jesus the Christ admonished all of us as His disciples to do.  Great things could happen then.

In leaving the pool and returning to much more shallow waters:  At surface level, I'm glad to see Gary (and Luke) still involved in music.  Gary still has the guitar chops and thrashing vocals, and Luke still has the pipes.

Shalom to all...
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbatharian on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:Guys, Geezer Butler wrote a song about Tony Iommi when he was in G/Z//R too

it's fine.

Equally pathetic.  But at least GZR's music was pretty good when he left Sabbath.

Laughing
Sabbatharian
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:18 am

I like the sound! Gotta head to work so I haven't studied the lyrics enough.
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 am

Really hard to tell what or who it is about but it does seem rather childish. I'm from the outside looking in as I am not a fan of TQT. They're good at what they do and always have been but it just isn't my thing.

This makes me think of Styx and their split with Dennis DeYoung. When they released Cyclorama everyone insisted the lyrics in the songs were about Dennis after they booted him out of the band.

Example # 1:

Look at you you're talking to yourself
Could it maybe be a cry for help
Can't see the forest from your tree there
Sometimes I think you're doing well
Other times you put yourself through hell
It's enough to bring you to your knees dear
I'm gonna open up to you
It's all I'm really trying to do
Say what's on my mind
Yeah what's on my mind, singin'
If you wanna have it your way
Yeah you gotta do things my way
If you really wanna have it your way
All you gotta do is do things my way

They have insisted the songs on the album are not about him at all

Example # 2:

Bourgeois Pig
You got too big
You forgot where you came from
You big pop star
You took it too far
You better get humble and then some

Example # 3:

Here we go again
Hands making circles
That you can't turn back again
Sky turning purple
At the funeral of a friend
Who wasn't ready for the ending yet
He made a giant mess
Sloppy disaster
And he left it for the rest
To clean up after
Now the lawyers do their best
To try to divvy up
What's ever left
In the ending you can bet
Everyone feels cheated
Kiss your ass good-bye

Clearly sounds like it is about a former member doesn't it? There was a lawsuit involved over the use of the Styx name as well but the author of the song (Glen Burtnik) has said this was an old demo he had written before any of this happened.

Example 4: Some fans of Dennis DeYoung thought this one was about him (examples provided by each line)

Brick by brick you built a mansion (Building up a band, Styx, with 4 albums on a small label then releasing 2 more on A&M records before having their breakthru in 1977 with The Grand Illusion).
Piece by piece it seems you're tearing it down (refuse to tour, going solo in the 80's)
Once you walked so tall and handsome (leader of the band and principle song/hit writer)
Now nobody even wants you around (The band going on without him)
Now you're just some kind of
Leftover clown
Now you're like Quasi Modo crying
(reference to Dennis's "Hunchback" music he was working on at the time)
As you look in the mirror
At what you've become
Killing the thing that you love
Like Lennon's assassin
Lennon's assassin
Reaching for Venus De Milo
But she's never gonna hold you tight
You plant plutonium silos
Then you blister from the sun that's too bright
(Dennis claimed he was sensitive to light and could not tour)
Like a vampire stepping into the light

When all of this speculation came out Glen Burtnik said this was another old demo written around 1995 long before the rift in Styx happened pre-dating any of the drama (including the Hunchback musical) and was originally titled "Lennon's Assassin".

So while many fans of Dennis say the songs on that album are about him Styx themselves have denied it.

As for this new song from Gary, maybe it is about Ted, maybe it isn't I am not familiar enough with the inner workings of TQT to know, I am just an outsider. But if it is about Ted... Eh.. Move on and write something better it isn't like Ted is going to care.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Perhaps I will come off as cold hearted, but am I the only one who really just doesn't care about this?  Move on--nothing to see here.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Perhaps I will come off as cold hearted, but am I the only one who really just doesn't care about this?  Move on--nothing to see here.

I think the song is terrible all-around and clearly inspired by serious musical jealousy.

Who does this appeal to other than fans of Tourniquet?  Doesn't even hold a candle to that stuff.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm

My wife was asking what was new on the forums and I mentioned this thread and explained the song.  Her immediate response was, "that sounds like one of Taylor Swift's - or whatever her name is - songs about her ex-boyfriends" hahahaha.  I love my wife.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Personally the song is decent enough, but it is just childish drama

Honestly I never thought stuff like this and the Stryper/Tim Gaines thing would happen with classic Christian bands, I only thought it was a secular thing
But it makes me realize that everyone deals with the same struggles and nobody, just because they are a "Christian Band" is exempt from human mistakes and problems that come along with that

It is really sad that friends over time can become bitter like this towards each other, but I am just praying for everyone involved
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:02 pm

The drama is coming from members whose commitment to Christianity has always been dubious.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Are you saying that about me, ToB?

Luke Easter
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Luke Easter wrote:Are you saying that about me, ToB?

No.

Tim Gaines and Gary Lenaire

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Gaines isn’t on this track.

<edit>

And last I checked, his faith wasn’t in question.

Last edited by Luke Easter on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luke Easter
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm

I was referring to this:

Honestly I never thought stuff like this and the Stryper/Tim Gaines thing would happen with classic Christian bands, I only thought it was a secular thing
But it makes me realize that everyone deals with the same struggles and nobody, just because they are a "Christian Band" is exempt from human mistakes and problems that come along with that

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Despite the lyrics this is still a cool song.  And Luke and Gary have still got it!
Fundy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stand against the wind on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Sorry for all who's involved this conversation. This just shows how small the sandpit of christian music really is.

Gary wrote a song about something or someone. Actually and in reality we don´t know a thing about it. It may be about his bad uncle or vile mother. Instead of speculating, write to Gary and ask. He may answer or may not.

This conversation just sounds of useless cheap talk of trying to raise a storm over nothing.

As for the song. It sounds great. Riffs are great and Luke sounds better than for a long time.

Stand against the wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Not gonna get involved in the drama here, but musically speaking it’s awesome. This was the direction that I wished TWT would have ventured in when Luke joined during the Vsnishing Lessons era.
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Musically speaking, maybe it would be cool to hear Gary record an album with the other ex-Tourniquet members with everyone's input. I really like the sound of Gary's new music and maybe one should go straight to the source if they're worried about these lyrics. Maybe he doesn't want us to know Wink.
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Luke Easter wrote:Gaines isn’t on this track.

<edit>

And last I checked, his faith wasn’t in question.

Luke, you should know better, This 2018 and the internet, his faith is always in question. Razz Also, you are under surveillance by the Public Heretical Authority Researching Internet Service of Elected Elites.
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Luke Easter -

Since you joined the discussion, can you shed light on what you know, given that you sang on the tune? Do you have any idea what the lyrics are about? Did you ever ask Gary what they were addressing? Or is it that you don't want to say? Or that he told you not to say? Something else?

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:24 pm

For those saying "Go to the source," I know someone who messaged Gary on July 25 (3 days ago). He has yet to receive a response, so I fail to see why it would be helpful to barrage Gary with more messages that simply repeat the same question. If he doesn't want to reply, that's his right, but I thought it should be said that some of us have tried to "Go to the source."

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:54 pm

jeffcorpse wrote:Musically speaking, maybe it would be cool to hear Gary record an album with the other ex-Tourniquet members with everyone's input.

Would've been cool if they would've made more songs than just those two. There's Gary, Victor and Erik. Imagine if they would've continued and took Guy with them too.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:For those saying "Go to the source," I know someone who messaged Gary on July 25 (3 days ago). He has yet to receive a response, so I fail to see why it would be helpful to barrage Gary with more messages that simply repeat the same question. If he doesn't want to reply, that's his right, but I thought it should be said that some of us have tried to "Go to the source."

I think he hasn't "officially" released the song yet. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to talk about it yet. On his Facebook pages he's advertized the song being released in 29th of July.
Not sure if he's supposed to release only this song or if there's a whole album worth of material coming.

Actually even in his website he's telling "Vainglorious Hypocrisy" will be released in 7.29.18.
https://www.garylenaire.com/new-music

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:06 am

After a careful reading of the lyrics, I've come to the conclusion this song can only be about Hillary Clinton.
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:16 am

It's a REALLY good song.

all ya'll might be over-analyzing things and so what if it is written about Ted?

big deal. It's Gary's business... and if ANYONE has a right to criticize it's Gary because he co founded TQT or actually might have founded it with Guy when Holy Danger was around and recruited Ted...

It's a killer song. I love it.

HUGE Gary fan. When I was going through my divorce in 2010, he autographed a CD for me and helped me out... Great guy.

You guys are being judgmental... remove the beam from your own eye before you remove the speck from Gary's.

jaydeecrawson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:37 pm

I vote Gary Lenaire for best metal guitarist...
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum