The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single...

+3
deathisgain
Black Rider
Lex Metalis
7 posters

Go down

Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single... Empty Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single...

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:27 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single... Empty Re: Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single...

Post by Black Rider Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:11 am

Sounds really good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single... Empty Re: Gary Lenaire + Luke Easter in a New single...

Post by deathisgain Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:40 pm

This is one of those songs, to me, that is so hard to cover, because of how great the original is. You need to bring something exciting to the table. Either you nail it perfectly, or do something unique and/or original with it. This didn't do it for me. It felt a little rushed in the tempo, and the drums too dry and flat.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Love it. Didn't realize it was a cover of a Led Zeppelin song until after I listened a couple of times and read the comments. I thought it was just heavily influenced by Porcupine Tree/later Opeth, both of which I love. After watching the original by LZ, it became apparent that Opeth and Porcupine Tree's sounds were heavily influenced by LZ. My only complaint is that I wish Luke's vocals were louder/clearer in the mix with fewer effects, but I still love it. Very awesome vocal performance by Luke and music by Gary. Now if we can get more songs with vocals from both Luke and Gary a la "Vainglorious Hypocrisy", "Perfect Night for A Hanging", and "The Hand Trembler", I would be on cloud 9.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:28 pm

There are so many things going on with Luke's vocals toward the end, combining all of his previous vocal styles and then some new ones I've never heard. Absolutely amazing. Listen to it with headphones for the best results, it brings the vocals out a little more.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:47 pm

Awesome!

I always liked this song since I heard Crowbar cover it in the 90’s. 

Does this indicate that Gary is doing a new solo album? He and Luke work well together! 

That said… I seriously want Flood to continue on! 

Gary and Luke are not one trick ponies. They have many layers to their musical taste and talent. I welcome more of this!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:00 pm

I wish Vainglorious Hypocrisy didn’t get canceled… 

Ted K was one of my favorite drummers, but that song can apply to anyone. It’s just too good of a song to be ignored. It represented a moment in time. Nothing more. 

When a person writes a biography, usually there is some reflection on times or eras that were turbulent. It doesn’t mean we feel that way forever.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Wigeon, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:38 pm

This is likely one of least favorite of the "popular" Zep tunes.  Having said that, I thought this was a very well done cover.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:33 pm

TZ75 wrote:I wish Vainglorious Hypocrisy didn’t get canceled… 

Ted K was one of my favorite drummers, but that song can apply to anyone. It’s just too good of a song to be ignored. It represented a moment in time. Nothing more. 

When a person writes a biography, usually there is some reflection on times or eras that were turbulent. It doesn’t mean we feel that way forever.

what do you mean by canceled?

it was on Symphonic Liberties and still on bandcamp...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:40 pm

The original video on Youtube was taken down. I suspect it was removed (not cancelled) out of respect for Ted and his passing, but that is just speculation.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:52 pm

crucifyd wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I wish Vainglorious Hypocrisy didn’t get canceled… 

what do you mean by canceled?

it was on Symphonic Liberties and still on bandcamp...

Someone said that the music video was taken down (sometime after Ted passed). Also the physical CD format is no longer in print (last time I checked). 

I guess the download is available… but why is the video gone? It feels like it’s been cancelled. Or at least demoted down to just another track on a download. Gary originally featured the song like it was a single. I thought it was the best song on the album! Anyways… where is the video? I can’t find it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:01 pm

It's also quite possible that Gary took the video down after he came back to the faith, as the song was pretty harsh and negative. Again, that is just speculation on my part.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:05 pm

The song “One in a Million” by GNR is periodically criticized and attacked, but it remains on the Lies EP. It’s not completely canceled because it remains in the recording, but I bet the band tries to forget about it. As far as I know, the song was only performed live once at that acoustic show they did for the EP release. Although Axl said the song is misunderstood in that he was writing about how his sheltered small town views were in shock when he stepped off the greyhound bus the first time. 

In comparison, even if the song was truly a shot at Ted K, it’s nowhere near as offensive as the GNR song. Yet both songs seem to be “ignored” (for lack of a better word).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:09 pm

Wigeon wrote:It's also quite possible that Gary took the video down after he came back to the faith, as the song was pretty harsh and negative. Again, that is just speculation on my part.

But if that’s the case, why is the song still available on the download? The lyrics are still the same.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:16 pm

I’m not saying he should do this… 

But maybe Gary can rewrite some new lyrics for the song. 

It’s highly unlikely he would do that (and I’m glad). 

I don’t feel that Vainglorious is any less negative than the Tourniquet song “Caixa De Raiva”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:25 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is what it is. Rewriting the lyrics would be the definition of "cancelling" in my opinion. I would prefer that Gary and Luke just write and record new music, with no historical revision, and let sleeping dogs lie (see what I did there?).
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Luke Easter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:34 pm

Wigeon wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is what it is. Rewriting the lyrics would be the definition of "cancelling" in my opinion. I would prefer that Gary and Luke just write and record new music, with no historical revision, and let sleeping dogs lie (see what I did there?).

Yeah, I also said I hope he doesn’t rewrite it. It was just hypothetical.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Wigeon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down