The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.

+25
Airola
alldatndensum
strangerhoncho
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
Sir Shred A Lot
Blake
Devon Hill
CMB
messiaen77
sentient 6
exo
d@v!d
Temple of Blood
sadvader
Chaz Bond
Tobi Elektrik
Guitar Noir
Hardcore Christian
Follower of Jesus
metaldude
MegaNorm64
eatbugs
My Awesome Timothy
STX
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.  Empty BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.

Post by STX Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Tourniquet announcement: By mutual and respectful agreement, Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet. Ted says: “Luke has been a valuable member of Tourniquet since 1993 and we have shared much music, ministry, and laughter. I will always appreciate his valuable contribution to our music and his representation of the band – and I know many of you will too. We’ve decided that our musical paths are not quite going in the same direction. Luke has been, and is - a great friend. I truly wish the best for him and look forward to seeing whatever his future holds.”
From Luke: In June, 1993, my life changed. I joined Tourniquet and began a musical journey that has lasted more than two decades. I got the opportunity to see the world; to meet and work with amazing people; to contribute to a body of work that I am proud of; and in the process I was able to share Christ with people all over the world. I am grateful to have been a part of Tourniquet, and to have had the chance to work with someone as talented and prolific as Ted for as long as I have.

font: facebook

Shocked Sad
STX
STX
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.  Empty Re: BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:20 pm

I enjoyed Luke as vocalist, wonder who will replace him?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.  Empty Re: BOMB! Luke Easter has stepped down as vocalist of Tourniquet.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:34 pm

This is indescribable news! He will be sorely missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:35 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:wonder who will replace him?

There's this...Guy...I've heard of.

Seriously,
Aaron?  Or did Tourniquet become a project "band"?  AKA Tourniquet Ark.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Im glad the split was mutual and that theres no bad blood. Thats always good

The Luke era wasnt really my cup of tea but I did love the song Bearing Gruesome Cargo, If i still have Vanishing Lessons i oughta dig it up give it another spin see if my tastes changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:49 pm

I liked some of the Easter albums. His departure is bittersweet. I look forward to both Luke and Tourniquets future though!
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Sad
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Vanishing Lessons remains the only album by Tourniquet that I like. That album smokes!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:Vanishing Lessons remains the only album by Tourniquet that I like. That album smokes!

Another Vanishing Lessons fan!

I don't think I have a single favorite band, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick one, I'd say Tourniquet.  I like all eras/singers.  Vanishing Lessons is my favorite of the bunch and one of my favorite albums of all time.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:52 am

I agree, its kind of shocking, but Im excited to see who the vocals get handed off too
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 am

eatbugs wrote:Or did Tourniquet become a project "band"?  AKA Tourniquet Ark.

What is this entity called as a band? Is it just a name or is it a community of people who do music together and perform concerts regularly?

Tourniquet has been just a name for a long time. The "band" has been just Ted Kirkpatrick project for a long time. Actually I was expecting something like this to happen.

And it is not a bad thing. Ted is doing great music. I think he is doing well just doing project albums with players changing around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:23 am

I will miss Luke, overall I enjoyed his time with the band.  Crawl To China is a very underrated album by the band.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:45 am

There ARE better vocalists than Luke out there. But my favourite TQT albums are POD, MVOATR, WMARD and Acoustic Archives - so the albums with Luke had a bigger impact on me than the first three.

So it's time to say THANKS for all the years he contributed to TQT's incredible music!

I wouldn't be surprised if TQT would continue as Ted's "project" without any permanent members except him and maybe Aaron.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz Bond Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am

Ted has been doing this forever...its amazing for any band, esp one in the Christian market to last this long...Look at Deliverance...they have broken up at least a couple of times and they staeted around the same time..Lukes given them iver 20 years...its a solid run.

Chaz Bond
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Actually I'm glad to hear that. I bet Luke is a great person and his voice was liked by many. But I'm afraid I didn't like his style. Not trying to bash him I personally considered his style of singing rather generic and uninteresting. Maybe Tourniquet returns in a way I'm able to dig again. Starting with Crawl to China I lost my interest with quite some sadness. I loved them once.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:14 pm

eatbugs wrote:
My Awesome Timothy wrote:wonder who will replace him?

There's this...Guy...I've heard of.

Seriously,
Aaron?  Or did Tourniquet become a project "band"?  AKA Tourniquet Ark.
I am concerned about Ted turning tourniquet to a project. I am also concerned of tourniquet keeping doing what they did in the Tourniquyet ark.

But I confess I won't miss Luke at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Put a fork in this band, stop dreaming about them becoming good again, and support newer Christian metal bands who are doing their best.

My two cents.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Put a fork in this band, stop dreaming about them becoming good again, and support newer Christian metal bands who are doing their best.

My two cents.
**snickers**
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 pm

I am actually sad to see Luke go.  Did not care a ton for the last official album, or the Ark disc, but VL, WMARD, and the "new" tracks (can I still call them new? They're pushing 20 years old!  LOL) of the "best of" disc are all things I very much enjoy listening to, and Luke was a vital part of them.

Thank you for the years, Mr. Easter......good luck with whatever endeavors the future holds do you......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:53 am

I have pretty-much not been very interested in what this band has been doing for awhile. I hope a new vocalist will bring some new life into the band. For personal tastes, I hope Ted brings in a singer that is more classic metal sounding rather than someone of a " core " nature vocalist.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:41 am

Silently vanishing...
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:52 am

ParaNormaN wrote:Silently vanishing...
then reappearing, slipping away for a while

Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:55 am

I imagine the band is now Ted and a bunch of guest performers like the Tourniquet Ark album.  Don't really care either way--if the music is good, I'll listen if not, I'll pass.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CMB Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:08 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Put a fork in this band, stop dreaming about them becoming good again, and support newer Christian metal bands who are doing their best.

My two cents.
If you're going be passive-aggressive about their success, at least try to hide your pettiness.
CMB
CMB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:17 am

Thank you Luke for all of your great music you were involved in and for being loyal to sharing the gospel through metal.  I appreciated and enjoyed all the Tourniquet albums you were a part of.  Be blessed in all that you do moving forward.
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next