The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

+26
timekeeper
MikeInFla
Snert I
Baddog777
Tombie
no-YOU!
bjorn agin
eatbugs
Kerrick
TheOldMan2084
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Soldier777
Joe C
thetoonguy
heck
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
zelote
oldschooldoom
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
New Creation
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 4 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by MikeInFla Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Snert I wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:Any sound samples floating around?

amazon now has snippets of the album. It's called "The Great Whitecross & Guardian - Revival".
Cool, will check it out.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 4 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by timekeeper Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 am

Snert I wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:Any sound samples floating around?

amazon now has snippets of the album. It's called "The Great Whitecross & Guardian - Revival".

Not seeing anything there.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 am

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks, sounds really good.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:24 am

It totally worth buying it, in my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:51 am

I pledged for the vinyl. I never received the vinyl. Now I get a message in my email today from Boone's Overstock that they will release the CD and vinyl of this in 2018 as they "bought all the remaining copies after the supporters receive their product!"

Well, I never received my product. So how can Boone do this?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 am

Hmmm that's odd, I would first contact whoever held the pledge and then contact Boone and both of them know you never received it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am

I commented on the campaign yesterday, no reply yet
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Well, i just pledged a cd and I got it.

I am pissed off as it looks like no tour or even a single concert is coming out of it. At least is what looks like from the following interview:
http://www.classicchristianrockzine.com/2017/11/interview-with-michael-feighan-drummer.html?m=1

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 am

New Creation wrote:I pledged for the vinyl. I never received the vinyl. Now I get a message in my email today from Boone's Overstock that they will release the CD and vinyl of this in 2018 as they "bought all the remaining copies after the supporters receive their product!"

Well, I never received my product. So how can Boone do this?

MikeInFla wrote:Hmmm that's odd, I would first contact whoever held the pledge and then contact Boone and both of them know you never received it.

New Creation wrote:I commented on the campaign yesterday, no reply yet

Good news! David Bach had this to write on 01/16:

We just got notice! We are supposed to finally get the Vinyl next week. Any orders that have vinyl will then ship asap. Sorry for the delays but this has been something we could not control or forecast. Thanks all for your patience!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 am

Great keep us posted! Would like to know how it sounds on vinyl.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 am

Hopefully better than the CD.  After months of owning this, I am completely underwhelmed by it and go back to the original band recordings instead of this if I want to hear the Whitecross or Guardian songs.  These guys need a life of their own with new tunes.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am

As I said before, the only purpose of this release was to help them to play concerts out there As Guardian Whitecross revival.

So, the only mandatory thing was to release it properly wth good sound quality. and they've nailed it. With this in mind, I am very pleased with the final result of it.
But of course, every fan in the world of one of these bands would rather see new material from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:As I said before, the only purpose of this release was to help them to play concerts out there As Guardian Whitecross revival.
But have they played a single concert Question
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:00 pm

No, but certainly due to the lack of interest from promoters. It is sad to say, but it looks like it didn't work out as they expected.

If you take a look at the videos and website you will see that all they talk about is to go out and play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

I was a little pessimistic about this project so I didn't participate in the crowd funding. I'm an old school guy, loved both bands and had the opportunity to see both bands live back in the day. But after reading some of these comments and hearing the snippets on Amazon, it sounds pretty good to me. Enough is Enough was one of my favorite Ratt..err, I mean Whitecross songs back in the day. It sounds really good with Jamie singing on it. Will make the purchase on Google Play since it is only $6.93 and I have this Google gift card I've been saving for something like this. In the Kingdom sounds pretty good too, even though I didn't really care for that song when it came out. Reminded me of "We are the World" too much.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 pm

The new version of In the Kingdom is a little better than the original IMO. To prove I'm old school, here's a pic of me with a Whitecross "In the Kingdom" shirt on (got at their show in Houston a few months before this), with Doug Pinnick(King's X) at a Bloodgood show in Houston around 1992. Doug was just there chilling watching Bloodgood before I rudely interrupted him for a pic!

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 4 Fb_img10
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I finally got the record and cd in the mail.  I had given up on these ever arriving.  I have had the download version for a long time.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:21 am

I just finished listening to the entire project.  Gotta say, I'm glad I didn't fund this one. ...I know I'm in the minority here, but this just didn't do it for me.....I really wanted to dig it too....

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 pm

When is the release date? I hear the album on you tube and it's pretty good. It's on pre-order at boonesoverstock.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 pm

rtz wrote:I just finished listening to the entire project.  Gotta say, I'm glad I didn't fund this one. ...I know I'm in the minority here, but this just didn't do it for me.....I really wanted to dig it too....

I agree. The mix is incredibly muddy, the guitars sound buried and too thin at times, and the vocals sound strained from time to time (even noticeably off key here and there). Then when the background vocals kick in... ugh. Too high in the mix and just don't sound right.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Spun this the other day...it isn’t aging well. I can’t imagine ever pulling it out again. When I want these songs, I’ll go to the original Guardian or Whitecross albums.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 am

Just picked this up from the Roxx Labor Day sale (yeah I'm late to the party).

This record reminds me of the "Yellow And Black Attack Is Back" cover album that Guardian did years ago. As as one-off tribute to Guardian and Whitecross songs it kind of works. As a launching pad for them to record new material, not so much.

I like Enough Is Enough and Top Of the World. Jamie's vocals really kind of fit on those songs. And I really like the acoustic version of In The Kingdom.

Not sure this will end up in regular rotation for me, but it's an enjoyable listen.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4