The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

+26
timekeeper
MikeInFla
Snert I
Baddog777
Tombie
no-YOU!
bjorn agin
eatbugs
Kerrick
TheOldMan2084
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Soldier777
Joe C
thetoonguy
heck
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
zelote
oldschooldoom
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
New Creation
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 3 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by New Creation Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Guys, I am sooooo excited! This is like the culmination of most of my metal dreams for many years now.

First, Guardian+Whitecross announced they would have a new version of "Never Gonna Say Goodbye" by Guardian, which thrilled me to no end!

Now, today April 10, they have announced that they are re-recording "In The Kingdom" by Whitecross. I am thrilled with this news as it is my most favorite Whitecross song.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 3 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Awesome!

Hope that they continue to make money so it can possibly get more songs added to it!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 pm

deathisgain wrote:They should redo "Holy War" Razz
Monkey Biz

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 pm

In The Kingdom is far and away the best ballad Whitecross ever did, and the rough version that was posted with Jamie singing and Rex playing acoustic guitar sounded excellent to me.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:57 pm

To be honest, In the Kingdom is the only whitecross ballad I care about. Funny thing, when I am in the mood for ballads, I usually go for Guardian.

BTW, cool to see that they are doing Never Say Goodbye, as well, but I would rather having a full hard rock album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Another thought that comes to mind is: though we all would like to have at least one brand new song, we got to understand that, the main porpuse of this project is to show the availability of the band for concerts and tour. That's why they want to make an ep of redone songs, to make it fast and simple. So, new songs are off the table for now.

I don't mind it, as long as they come to Brazil for a concert.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Finally backed this project. There is not too many packages that attracted me, so I just gos a signed CD + digital download + vip pass (so, hopefully, they will come to brazil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu May 11, 2017 12:34 pm

They shared a snippet of the remade "The Rain" and it sounds fantastic! It's got a scorching solo!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 am

Got my download this morning, anyone else got this and if so what do you think?  Let's hope this is the start of something.... maybe original music in the future.  Enjoying this release for the time being.  Guitar guy
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:49 am

The Rain sounds great, except the chorus. They butchered the chorus! But everything else about that song is awesome here. Enough is Enough is solid. Top of the World was an unexpected choice, but sounds really good. The one new song - Spanish Castle Magic - is okay. It doesn't really sound like the other songs on this album.

Overall I'd give this a 6 or 7 out of 10.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:39 am

Spanish Castle Magic, I believe, is a Hendrix remake
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:08 pm

In the Kingdom is blowing me away.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:00 am

New Creation wrote:In the Kingdom is blowing me away.

This is a great version of that song. I forgot how good a song that really was. Outstanding message. This acoustic version works really well.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:33 pm

New Creation wrote:In the Kingdom is blowing me away.

Think Jamie Rowe's voice really suits this 'In The Kingdom' perfectly, sounds awesome!!!  Probably my favourite song on this record.  I don't really care for the last 2 tracks but overall would give this EP a 7 out of 10 as I really only enjoy the first 5 songs.  Like FOJ said the chorus on 'The Rain' doesn't sound as good as the original but never the less is still a good song overall.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm really digging the entire album (well not the Spanish language track so much).  While a little different vibe than the rest of the tracks I found the cover of Hendrix tune quite enjoyable as well.  Would be cool to hear them do even more covers.
I also agree with everyone else concerning the acoustic version of "In the Kingdom" it works really well in this arrangement.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm

deathisgain wrote:They should redo "Holy War" Razz

If they would write some band parts where the rap stuff was and actually sing that, it could be cool.  The opening riffs, the parts where Scott sang, and the chorus were all cool.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:21 pm

I am listening to this for my first time right now.  They definitely nailed "Enough Is Enough".  "The Rain" doesn't quite feel right on the intro but comes into its own during the main part of the song.

I realize that this record was most likely made to guage to see if there was enough interest in doing a new album.  I am disappointed that they didn't include anything new.  I do hope that this does lead to something more in the future, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Baddog777 Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Oh no I didn't pledge/participate!

Is there any other way to download the EP, like Itunes or Amazon?

Baddog777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Baddog777 wrote:Oh no I didn't pledge/participate!

Is there any other way to download the EP, like Itunes or Amazon?

If you go to the store section of their webpage it looks as if they are planning to have both digital and cds available in the future.

https://guardianwhitecross.com/
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:00 pm

The band nails the Whitecross songs for the most part.  I didn't like "In The Kingdom" as they kept it acoustic and you never got the hair metal ballad feel.  Also, Jamie's voice is sounding strained on it.

I got the impression that Jamie was struggling with his higher end on the vocals.  If they do any new material in the future, he definitely needs to stay in the middle range where his true power lies these days.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Well, the EP is out, and they are working on the other goods.

But what about the concerts???

After all, the opportunity of playing live was the main reason for this campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 pm

I am going to guess that the opportunities to play live didn't materialize with them just rehashing older songs.  They NEED to do a full length album of all new songs with maybe a couple of redone classics on the record.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 am

Any sound samples floating around?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:I am going to guess that the opportunities to play live didn't materialize with them just rehashing older songs.  They NEED to do a full length album of all new songs with maybe a couple of redone classics on the record.
Agreed. Apparently they have chosen the easiest way.

But I still have high hopes for them to come to Brazil, as it all started with a Whitecross and Guardian concert request from Brazil (their website says so).

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Any sound samples floating around?

amazon now has snippets of the album. It's called "The Great Whitecross & Guardian - Revival".

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next