The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

+26
timekeeper
MikeInFla
Snert I
Baddog777
Tombie
no-YOU!
bjorn agin
eatbugs
Kerrick
TheOldMan2084
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Soldier777
Joe C
thetoonguy
heck
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
zelote
oldschooldoom
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
New Creation
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 am

Cool that they could reach 80% in just a week, though I can see how much is the goal on the website.

And it was even cooler to know that the conversation about this project apparently started after a possibility of Whitecross and Guardian concert in Brazil. Now, I have high hopes for them to come for a few concerts.

There is also a website for this project:
https://guardianwhitecross.com/

Back to top Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:I'll see if Rex can shred some light on the project for me.

Arttie

Fixed it for ya.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 am

lol!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Well, we know one of the Whitecross songs is Enough is Enough based on their most recent update.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

i'd wanna see Fire and Love with a Rex solo, a version of Shoeshine Jonnny minus the horns, and Jamie nailing He is the Rock, Top of the World, and You're My Lord (the best WC song no one knows about)

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 am

If I could pick 4 songs for each, I would want to see:
Guardian:
Fire And Love
Time Stands Still
Shoeshine Johnny
I'll Never Leave You

Whitecross:
Attention Please
Down
No Second Chances
Heaven's Calling Tonight
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:38 am

I will wait and see. They are at 82% so they will get there. I'll admit I am not all that familiar with Guardian so whatever they chose I wouldn't know those songs anyway because they would be new to me. It is a little steep for an EP so I'll hold out, wait for some samples or wait for a release on iTunes or Amazon and decide from there.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:07 am

heck wrote:...a version of Shoeshine Jonnny minus the horns...

YES!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 am

I'll wait and see on this one as well. I am curious to see how Rex covers Tony's guitar work on the Guardian tunes.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:49 am

Maybe they will do a couple of new songs if they surpass their funding goal.  That would be cool.  Maybe I will pitch that idea to Rex and Jamie.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:31 am

Pitch they do only a couple remakes and mostly new songs. What's the point of you being a famous rockstar if you can't do this?  Razz
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:Pitch they do only a couple remakes and mostly new songs. What's the point of you being a famous rockstar if you can't do this?  Razz

This would, perhaps, give them more control over the songs by having new versions rather than just the originals with the record company.  I am guessing that this will be a teaser to see if a full length album of all new stuff is worth doing or not.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Rex is pretty secretive, but he did tell me that both bands would be "well represented", and that there would be at least on cover.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:08 pm

They're at 86% now, by the way.  With 49 days to go, this is a lock to happen...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by no-YOU! Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:57 am

New material would be really exciting, but re-hashing the classics doesn't do it for me. With a stellar line-up like this, they should be doing an album of new material. Also, with the fiasco that Guardian's previous kisckstarter campaign was. I would wait 'til the album is released anyway.
no-YOU!
no-YOU!
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:42 pm

They're not releasing the album to the public until much later than the supporers will get it.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:20 am

I posted this to Jamie:

I have backed the new record with Revival. I wanted to make a suggestion. I am not really excited about rehashing old Whitecross and Guardian tunes. I would be SUPER excited about some new songs with you, David, Rex, and Michael writing them and proving that you still got it after all these years.
Here is the suggestion: when you pass your funding goal, how about promising to add a couple of new tracks? I think the fans would LOVE this idea and would push you quickly over the goal. I know you are getting close already, but this would push you guys way past the limit, I think.
Anyway, that's my suggestion for all its blazing 2 cents worth!

And here was his reply:

Sorry, guys. This is a limited thing. We may work together in the future on a new project but it won't be tied to either band's past.Maybe that'll be something you will like. For this project, I think you'll all like what we are bringing to the legacy songs.

So, it looks like there will be only redone Guardian and Whitecross songs.  Bummer.....
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Sorry, guys. This is a limited thing. We may work together in the future on a new project but it won't be tied to either band's past.Maybe that'll be something you will like. For this project, I think you'll all like what we are bringing to the legacy songs.

So, it looks like there will be only redone Guardian and Whitecross songs.  Bummer.....

And this is why I feel like it won't do that well, the old school guys can't keep on dishing out warmed up leftovers.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:40 pm

They just announced that if they hit their goal, they will add a Whitecross ballad

so seems kind of pointless to say "if" since they are at 98% with 44 days left

Anyway glad to hear that we will get 6 songs at least!

On Facebook they asked what Whitecross ballad you would want to see done, so which one would you guys prefer to see?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:45 pm

In the Kingdom.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:21 am

Ballads were never the strong suit of Whitecross. Guardian had much better ballads.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:52 am

bjorn agin wrote:Ballads were never the strong suit of Whitecross. Guardian had much better ballads.

Agreed.  Especially Never Say Goodbye.

Given that they said a Whitecross song I just want to have a say to make sure they pick a good one.

I'd prefer another rocker though.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:56 am

eatbugs wrote:
bjorn agin wrote:Ballads were never the strong suit of Whitecross. Guardian had much better ballads.

Agreed.  Especially Never Say Goodbye.

Given that they said a Whitecross song I just want to have a say to make sure they pick a good one.

I'd prefer another rocker though.

They're doing a new version of Goodbye on this EP. I'm very excited to hear it.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:06 am

Not sure if it is a ballad per se, but I did like their song "In the Kingdom"
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:07 am

They should redo "Holy War" Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next