The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worship songs that connect you with God

+6
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
alldatndensum
New Creation
Hardcore Christian
bjorn agin
10 posters

Go down

Worship songs that connect you with God Empty Worship songs that connect you with God

Post by bjorn agin Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:09 pm

There are plenty of songs out there that are intended to lead us into worship with God. I know a lot of times I find I can sing along with them but they don't connect my heart to God. Then there are other songs that at times really seem to pave the way for me to "plug in" to worship God.

Here's one that got me thinking about this topic.

What songs really do the job of leading you into worship?
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Worship songs that connect you with God Empty Re: Worship songs that connect you with God

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Worship songs that connect you with God Empty Re: Worship songs that connect you with God

Post by New Creation Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 pm

bjorn agin wrote:What songs really do the job of leading you into worship?

This one, entitled "Hail" by My Epic - About 2/3 of the way through, they break into a new rendition of Majesty (written by Jack Hayford):

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:26 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:38 am

This one still brings tears to my eyes regularly:

Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:25 pm

Please let me preface by saying, anyone who doesn't share my views on worship music is not wrong!

I find in regards to trve worship, for me and my heart, anything that sounds like it should be "on stage" (rockin' out with drums and guitars), is too spiritually distracting.  Again, this is just me - not saying anyone else needs to feel this way.

While music is only one form of worship, the music that impacts me the most is stuff like this.

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Stars by Skillet
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:57 am

Hymn of All Creation by Illuminandi
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:08 am

This one has moved me for several decades now.

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Please let me preface by saying, anyone who doesn't share my views on worship music is not wrong!

I find in regards to trve worship, for me and my heart, anything that sounds like it should be "on stage" (rockin' out with drums and guitars), is too spiritually distracting.  Again, this is just me - not saying anyone else needs to feel this way.

While music is only one form of worship, the music that impacts me the most is stuff like this.

I have a great appreciation for this style of early American sacred music.  I used to sing Sacred Harp a bit before we left Kentucky.  The simplicity of the melodies and the modal harmonies really do something for me.  Unfortunately, I get caught up in the theory and history surrounding it and get distracted from the spirituality.  It's funny how we all find different things distracting.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 pm

This is one that does it for me.  It is an instrumental recitation of this text.

A Love Supreme

I will do all I can to be worthy of Thee, O Lord. It all has to do with it. Thank You God. 

Peace. There is none other. God is. It is so beautiful. Thank You God. 

God is all.Help us to resolve our fears and weaknesses.In you all things are possible.Thank you God.
We know. God made us so.Keep your eye on God.God is. He always was. He always will be.
No matter what... it is God.He is gracious and merciful.It is most important that I know Thee.
Words, sounds, speech, men, memory, throughts,fears and emotions--time--all related...all made from one... all made in one.
Blessed be his name.Thought waves--heat waves--all vibrations--all paths lead to God. Thank you God.
His way... it is so lovely... it is gracious.It is merciful--Thank you God.One thought can produce millions of vibrations and they all go back to God... everything does.
Thank you God.Have no fear... believe... Thank you God.The universe has many wonders. God is all.
His way... it is so wonderful.Thoughts--deeds--vibrations,all go back to God and He cleanses all.
He is gracious and merciful... Thank you God.Glory to God... God is so alive.God is.God loves.
May I be acceptable in Thy sight.
We are all one in His grace.The fact that we do exist is acknowledgement of Thee, O Lord.Thank you God.
God will wash away all our tears...He always has...He always will.
Seek him everyday. In all ways seek God everyday.Let us sing all songs to God.To whom all praise is due... praise God.
No road is an easy one, but they all go back to God.
With all we share God.It is all with God.It is all with Thee.
Obey the Lord.Blessed is He.
We are all from one thing... the will of God...Thank you God.
--I have seen ungodly--none can be greater--none can compare Thank you God.
He will remake... He always has and He always will.It's true--blessed be His name--Thank you God.
God breathes through us so completely...so gently we hardly feel it... yet,it is our everything.
Thank you God.
ELATION--ELEGANCE--EXALTATION--All from God.
Thank you God. Amen.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Sleeping Giant

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Sleeping Giant

Classics in the hard worship style. My wife and I love these two tunes a lot.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:58 pm

I generally enjoy worship music that directly reflects the scriptures.

Heres a couple for this Christmas seasons ( or anytime for the Christian ).

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:01 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
I have a great appreciation for this style of early American sacred music.  I used to sing Sacred Harp a bit before we left Kentucky.  The simplicity of the melodies and the modal harmonies really do something for me.  Unfortunately, I get caught up in the theory and history surrounding it and get distracted from the spirituality.  It's funny how we all find different things distracting.

Exactly! I think its because that primitive sound is easier to wash over me because there's no beat. I hear drums, I can't get off the entertainment bus, but the rest of my family can. Go figure!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down