The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphonic metal praise/worship songs

+2
Nyx74
Soundmass.com
6 posters

Go down

Symphonic metal praise/worship songs Empty Symphonic metal praise/worship songs

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:01 am

We're looking for suggestions of well-known praise/worship songs (incl. hymns) that could be transformed into symphonic death/black metal songs. Thoughts?

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Symphonic metal praise/worship songs Empty Re: Symphonic metal praise/worship songs

Post by Nyx74 Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Joyful, joyfull we adore Thee (?)
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Symphonic metal praise/worship songs Empty Re: Symphonic metal praise/worship songs

Post by FivePointPunk Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:52 pm

And Can it Be - can't beat one of the greatest hymns of all time with a verse that talks about a dungeon!

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Here I am to Worship (Light of the World)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Ooh I'm liking the sounds of this!  I really like Forever Reign and think that could transfer really well to something extreme.  Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:20 am

Cheers everyone!

Any more suggestions?

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 am

Almost any song should be able to be turned into a metal worship song.. When I was in a youth P&W group, we transformed just about any contemporary song into a hard rock / metal song.

One of my favorites was "Who is Like the Lord" - Paul Wilbur (there are a few other / different ones out there). 

Given the nature of the song, "Take Me In" should be one of the best ones possible for a death metal song, since its in a minor key (or lends itself easily to a minor key). We played that one so much, we added a bridge to the song which worked really well for a buildup to a guitar solo.

Please tell me when the album or project is completed. I love metal praise & worship, and there isn't anything close to enough of it out there. I'll be the first one to buy the CD.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 pm

I know from my own music that Oh, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus transfers to metal really well
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down