The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship

+22
sentient 6
Professor_Valconian
DarkFireDragoon
stainedclass2112
bjorn agin
Kerrick
New Creation
bodachi
d@v!d
Andreas89
Facet
My Awesome Timothy
metaldude
Soldier777
TheOldMan2084
Fundy
deathisgain
eatbugs
Follower of Jesus
jusma
Hardcore Christian
Friday13th
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship Empty NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship

Post by Friday13th Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:28 pm

http://www.roooar.com/music_uk/news-releases-theocracy-ghost-ship-cd-in-october-4769.html

Seems like the album art, title, track listing and release date have been leaked. October 28 can't come soon enough! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!  cheers Metal 2 Circle Dance
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship Empty Re: NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Metal 3
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship Empty Re: NEW Theocracy album LEAKED - Ghost Ship

Post by jusma Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Looks like the Ghost Ship sails under a finnish flag Very Happy
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Drat. I thought they were covering All That Glitters by Nouveaux.

However, I will be ALL OVER this when it comes out!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Drat. I thought they were covering All That Glitters by Nouveaux.

They'll probably put that on the Japanese release or something. Mad

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Interesting. I got to hear Ghost Ship when they played it live. Sounded pretty good.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:17 am

Brilliant, I now know what my album of the year will be called.  Very Happy
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:44 am

Cool! I liked their last one. I'll have to keep this on the radar!
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Ghost Ship seems like a strange title for the album. I am curious in seeing what the lyrics are about. Well, that's 2 2016 albums I will be getting this year - this one and Michael Sweet's One Sided War.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Awesome news! Will October 28 be the US release as well, or just Europe?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:15 pm

metaldude wrote:Awesome news! Will October 28 be the US release as well, or just Europe?

I have no idea. The other sites with this information have also been European record dealers, but hopefully it's a worldwide release. Anything less is just ridiculous in this day and age tbh

I'm guessing it's some sort of concept album, but we'll have to wait and see. The high seas thing is pretty common in power metal actually. I'm guessing Matt's inspiration comes primarily from Savatage's Wake of Magellan. I recall this interview from 2003 where he listed it as #7 in his top 8 albums: http://www.powerofmetal.dk/interviews/theocracy.htm
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Drat. I thought they were covering All That Glitters by Nouveaux.

However, I will be ALL OVER this when it comes out!

Yeah I'm guessing it's gonna be a bonus track. Hopefully not just for the Japanese!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:56 am

I'm Why have Ulterium Records not announced this yet, everyone else seems to know about this!!!  Really looking forward to hearing this, and it's coming out on vinyl as well which is a bonus......

http://m.emp-online.co.uk/art_341088/
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Facet Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Good news! 'As the world bleeds' is my favourite Christian Metal album and the others are very good too. Look forward to it.

Facet
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Facet wrote:Good news! 'As the world bleeds' is my favourite Christian Metal album and the others are very good too. Look forward to it.

Thumbs up smae
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 am

Ulterium wrote:THEOCRACY: NEW ALBUM "GHOST SHIP" ANNOUNCED

The Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY will release their new album "Ghost Ship" on October 28th in Europe and North America through Ulterium Records. Information on different editions and formats will be announced soon.

With Ghost Ship, Theocracy perfects the lively and fully-realized sound of As the World Bleeds, delivering 10 muscular and streamlined tracks that never lose focus and combine for one memorable journey. You like midtempo singalong anthems? Try the “Ghost Ship” title track. Thrashy rhythms and intensity? “The Wonder of It All” should be to your liking. Emotional ballads with huge melodic hooks? Go “Around the World and Back.” Or if you prefer epic, progressive tracks that do all these things and more, 10-minute album closer “Easter” is sure to be a favorite. Each song on Ghost Ship stands alone and has a unique signature, but every moment sounds unmistakably like Theocracy.

“So many kids were coming up to us after shows and telling us their stories,” says Theocracy vocalist Matt Smith. “A lot of them were searching for purpose and a place to fit in, and having grown up as an awkward and unpopular kid myself, their words really stuck with me. I started thinking about what a band of misfits Jesus’ disciples were: fishermen, tax collectors, and people of little consequence in the eyes of the world. Sometimes the ones most people don’t see, or choose to look straight through—the ghosts of society, as it were, dead to the world—end up having the biggest impact. That’s where the title and idea for Ghost Ship came from: all the misfits, the uncool, the outcasts, there is a place where you do fit in. Although Ghost Ship is not a concept album, this is a recurring theme, particularly in the title track and ‘Castaway.’”
Here's your announcement today. Wink
https://www.facebook.com/ulteriumrecords/?fref=nf
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:18 am

deathisgain wrote:
Ulterium wrote:THEOCRACY: NEW ALBUM "GHOST SHIP" ANNOUNCED

The Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY will release their new album "Ghost Ship" on October 28th in Europe and North America through Ulterium Records. Information on different editions and formats will be announced soon.

With Ghost Ship, Theocracy perfects the lively and fully-realized sound of As the World Bleeds, delivering 10 muscular and streamlined tracks that never lose focus and combine for one memorable journey. You like midtempo singalong anthems? Try the “Ghost Ship” title track. Thrashy rhythms and intensity? “The Wonder of It All” should be to your liking. Emotional ballads with huge melodic hooks? Go “Around the World and Back.” Or if you prefer epic, progressive tracks that do all these things and more, 10-minute album closer “Easter” is sure to be a favorite. Each song on Ghost Ship stands alone and has a unique signature, but every moment sounds unmistakably like Theocracy.

“So many kids were coming up to us after shows and telling us their stories,” says Theocracy vocalist Matt Smith. “A lot of them were searching for purpose and a place to fit in, and having grown up as an awkward and unpopular kid myself, their words really stuck with me. I started thinking about what a band of misfits Jesus’ disciples were: fishermen, tax collectors, and people of little consequence in the eyes of the world. Sometimes the ones most people don’t see, or choose to look straight through—the ghosts of society, as it were, dead to the world—end up having the biggest impact. That’s where the title and idea for Ghost Ship came from: all the misfits, the uncool, the outcasts, there is a place where you do fit in. Although Ghost Ship is not a concept album, this is a recurring theme, particularly in the title track and ‘Castaway.’”
Here's your announcement today. Wink
https://www.facebook.com/ulteriumrecords/?fref=nf

Nice! Well, I guess it's not a concept album.  Rolling Eyes Can't wait to hear "Easter"!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:17 am

I'm curious about what "different editions and formats" means.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:55 pm

eatbugs wrote:I'm curious about what "different editions and formats" means.

Well we've seen a vinyl edition, and I assume they'll be like a deluxe edition with bonus tracks such as the "All That Glitters" cover Matt has been talking about.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Friday13th wrote:http://www.roooar.com/music_uk/news-releases-theocracy-ghost-ship-cd-in-october-4769.html

Seems like the album art, title, track listing and release date have been leaked. October 28 can't come soon enough! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!  cheers  Metal 2 Circle Dance

Friday13th and Ghost Ship sounds VERY scary mixed together!!!    What a Face  affraid  lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 am

Good news!

And the concept behind the title track really lifted me up. The day this news came out, wasn't exactly the greatest of days for me...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 am

Andreas89 wrote:Good news!

And the concept behind the title track really lifted me up. The day this news came out, wasn't exactly the greatest of days for me...

Sorry to hear, man! May God lift your "spirit to the sky above to flyyyyyyy awaaaaaay to fly on eagles' wiiiiiiings!"   Wink
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 am

I just noticed Amazon has Ghost Ship available for pre-order. Available on vinyl and cd.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:26 am

metaldude wrote:I just noticed Amazon has Ghost Ship available for pre-order. Available on vinyl and cd.
Thanks for the info. Just go ordered the CD.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:16 am

bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next