The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023)

+16
Kerrick
rtz
Soldier777
Second Wind
Black Rider
Constantine
My Awesome Timothy
oldschooldoom
Follower of Jesus
jusma
Christian metal Horde
alldatndensum
Pethead
arttieTHE1manparty
Frozen Fire
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023) Empty 'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023)

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:57 pm

[ltr]Twenty-seven years into a career that continues to grow, Swedish metal band Narnia takes huge steps into an exciting chapter with the new album ’Ghost Town’. The seasoned five-some once again shows how to shape a masterpiece with this melodic metal future classic.[/ltr]
[ltr]On the ninth studio album, ’Ghost Town’, Narnia has picked the icing on the cake from its vast catalog. You can’t simply label this album a neoclassic metal album or a power metal album, even though these elements are present. There are also parts that are progressive, modern, heavy, or just creatively different. But you can summarize by saying this is well-crafted piece of classic and melodic metal.[/ltr]
[ltr]Co-founder, guitarist, and producer CJ Grimmark is the crucial architect of the band’s sound, and also its primary songwriter along with co-founder and lead singer Christian Liljegren and bassist Jonatan ”Jono” Samuelsson. Through well formulated lyrics and melodies created to enhance the music, the songwriting team has explored new modes of expression that are well represented in songs such as ’Thief’, with its dramatic arrangement, anxiety-laden, expressive imagery, and the progressive ’Modern Day Pharisees’, a song dealing with the subject of hypocrisy.[/ltr]
[ltr]The title track, ’Ghost Town’, was first introduced to the cheering live-audience at Sweden Rock Festival 2022 and is now an obvious part of the set list with its bombastic four on the floor-pulse and sing along chorus. The heartbeat of Narnia, Andreas “Habo” Johansson, does a tremendous job behind the drums, and spares no energy.[/ltr]
[ltr]Martin Härenstam and his keyboards have been given a large but tasteful space on the record, and range in sound from vintage synths to grand piano.[/ltr]
[ltr]The record’s neoclassical gem, ’Rebel’, with a nod to the band’s earliest influences, should appeal to longtime fans. But also, more immediate songs like the soon-to-be crowd pleasers ’Hold On’’Wake Up Call’, and ’Alive’’Descension’, on the other hand, is more progressive, but there is a constant and clear common thread throughout the entire production that ties it together brilliantly.[/ltr]
[ltr]’Out of the Silence’ picks up where 2019’s ’The War That Tore the Land’ left off as the album’s only ballad. Featured by Saviour Machine’s frontman Eric Clayton, who reads the Lord’s prayer with his deep baritone operatic voice.[/ltr]
[ltr]’Glory Daze’ is perhaps the album’s heaviest song, which also addresses one of today’s biggest problems: Stress and chasing the wind. Something that Liljegren himself experienced during a burnout.[/ltr]
[ltr]– Different songs will appeal to different people lyrically, but we cover a variety of topics throughout the album, and I’m sure people will be able to relate to them, both musically and spiritually. Some of these songs stand out a bit from our previous repertoire, but without abandoning our historical influences. Liljegren explains and continues:[/ltr]
[ltr]– This is an album with a positive message combined with bombastic music. You can’t have one without the other when it comes to Narnia. Liljegren concludes.[/ltr]
[ltr]Lyrics that make you reflect combined with the broad musical breadth the band possesses, along with a solid production, is Narnia’s musical trademark which runs throughout the entire album.[/ltr]
[ltr]If the latest studio album ’From Darkness to Light’ from 2019 marked the way, ’Ghost Town’ is a more than worthy sequel with a life of its own.[/ltr]
[ltr]“Ghost Town” is produced by CJ Grimmark, mixed by the band”s sound engineer Viktor Stenquist, and mastered by Thomas Piec Johansson. It will be available on all digital platforms, CD, and vinyl on March 17th in collaboration with Sound Pollution Distribution.[/ltr]

'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023) N_gt_c10

https://narniatheband.com/

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Drawnsword, Follower of Jesus, Andreas89, Son of Nun, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023) Empty Re: 'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023)

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:12 pm

So excited for this! Between "From Darkness To Light" and now I've gone back and picked up the remainder of their back catalogue and found I really enjoy the band more than I thought in the past. They've become one of my favorites in just a few short years. Bonus is that my kids enjoy the band as well. They'll be excited for it too.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Follower of Jesus, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023) Empty Re: 'Ghost Town', the 9th album from Narnia (17/03/2023)

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:45 am

To USA fans:

Roxx Records/Christian Metal Distro have the album! Click here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:00 am

The new single, "Hold On" is really good...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am

I’ve had trouble getting into Christian’s vocals in Narnia, but I thought he sounded fantastic in Flames of Fire, so I’m definitely gonna give this a chance.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:29 pm

I preordered mine thru the band.  There is no telling when mine will show up.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:49 pm

I ordered it but, honestly, I'd own all Christian's stuff if it weren't so expensive! I never bought Flames of Fire or Melodic Passion. I haven't pre-ordered the new FoF or the new Waymaker.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Son of Nun and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I ordered it but, honestly, I'd own all Christian's stuff if it weren't so expensive! I never bought Flames of Fire or Melodic Passion. I haven't pre-ordered the new FoF or the new Waymaker.

You could probably go the digital route and save a few dollars that way instead of buying imported CDs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:50 am

First single is a catchy one.. looking forward to the other songs
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:40 am

Progton wrote:First single is a catchy one.. looking forward to the other songs

Have you heard 'Hold On', the 2nd single?

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Christian metal Horde and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:47 am

Not until now, thanks , Sounds good
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:40 am

Hold on sounds good. The synth sound takes me back to Awakening era.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:49 pm

I thought the same thing! I thought this song really harkens back to the original sound on the first two albums. The first song was OK, but this next song is awesome.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:23 pm

I can't wait to listen to this.  My copy arrived from Sweden today!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider, Frozen Fire, Lex Metalis, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:05 am

New music video coming soon:

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:17 pm

FYI, there are 2 threads about this topic. I will contribute here as the other thread was started a week later

I'm giving a first spin now. It is difficult for me to give an unbiased opinion as I love everything Narnia.
I would expect no less from their newest

Christian appears to be trying to give a little edgier bite to his vocals. Interesting to hear his spoken word in 'Thief' and 'Out of the Silence'

The music is outstanding as always. The same players since 1996/97 except for bassist Jonatan Samuelsson who has been with them since 2017.
They keep the songs freshly different

The first song 'Rebel' has an official lyric video available on YouTube. It's a great Christian song, no pun intended.
The song 'Hold On' can be found on their YouTube channel too.
Good thing I like Narnia so much otherwise I would be put off by the highly repetitive lyrics

I love this album. Strong Christian message and music/vocal style I enjoy
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:33 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Christian appears to be trying to give a little edgier bite to his vocals. Interesting to hear his spoken word in 'Thief' and 'Out of the Silence'

Actually, is Mr. Eric Clayton in "Out Of The Silence" and Jonatan in 'Thief'
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:30 pm

Upon first listen, I enjoyed the new album. However, it’s a problem when a band in this style releases a new album, and after first listen, I don’t remember a single song. They all seem to sound the same. There are, of course, some subtle differences between songs. And as I said, all of them are done well. But nothing stands out, except perhaps “Out of the Silence”. That’s a great track.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:31 am

Am loving the new album, gets better with every listen.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:27 am

First impressions are that this is a high quality album, no doubt, but it is one of those albums where not much stands out.  It all follows a similar formula - mid-paced, elastic/heavy power metal riffs with touches of prog, decent chorus, fast guitar solo, some keyboards sprinkled in for atmosphere.   The sound, style, and textures are the same in every song.   

The best song for me has been "Hold On," but even that one is very reminiscent of "No More Shadows From The Past" from Awakening.  "Out Of The Silence" is also good, but mainly because it is at a slower tempo which helps to break up the monotony.

I was a big fan of the self-titled album and the last album "From Darkness To Light" because they offered some different styles and textures and had some very strong highlights.  This one is good but I would not recommend it to someone who is new to Narnia.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Follower of Jesus and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:09 pm

I'll say it again, Christian's best was Audiovision and Wisdom Call.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:18 pm

I listened to this initially hoping to somehow be blown away. After listening through once and being ho hum about it I remembered I'm typically not blown away by Narnia. Their material seeps in, which ironically is why I spent years ignoring them. I always think they're more poppy than they are because the smooth, upbeat sound they have. I am liking this better with each listen. Probably not better than the previous album but I think I like it more than the self-titled.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:20 pm

Well, I can tell you, these days it is very hard to me to be blown away by any kind of music.
That said, I think the album is solid and will probably grow stronger in my heart with repeatdly listenings.

I can also say, however that since the reunion, Narnia albums are not as heavy as it used to be in the past. This is not a critic, it is just fact.

Modern Day Pharisees, out of the silence and Glory Daze seems like the strongest songs IMO

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:36 pm

If the whole album was more like, Out of the Silence, it'd be phenomenal.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 am

I'll be getting this. I got I to NARNIA the past year or 2 and some of Christian's other projects.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next